Tom Crean/Kevin Wilson Revelations

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Billingsley99 said:

Not disagreeing with your assessments but i am not sure anyone has ever been able to quiet the Harbaugh family

I agree they are very outspoken...but not much Tom could do. This is kind of the way the world works now....let others throw shade while you stay out of it looking like a rose. That said if Jim performed at Michigan the same way Tom did here...he likely wouldn't survive that job either. I'd say Michigan football and Indiana basketball are pretty well on the same level. Programs that used to be at the top of their sports landscape but while still relevant have fallen on hard times. That said the expectations is that both Universities have given their coaches and provided an atmosphere for success and to return back to the top. Tom was wildly inconsistent and was definitely trending the wrong way at the end. If Jim doesn't do any better he will be gone in another 5 years as well. That's just the facts at elite schools such as ours.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/15/2018 at 4:23 PM, dgambill said:

if your s coaches wife at a game you better have a very thick skin because there are going to be times your spouse is going to have some unflattering things said about them. Down here in Kentucky...the stuff said about Tubby....wow talk about dark...horrible things...and then Gillespie...this isn’t just an IU thing. 

The implication that this is the new"norm" because it happens in places like Kentucky gives me absolutely no comfort.  In fact it makes me quite ill.  It didn't use to be this way,  IU fans were better than this. but there are times our fan base seems to be devolving.

21 hours ago, Muddy River said:

The implication that this is the new"norm" because it happens in places like Kentucky gives me absolutely no comfort.  In fact it makes me quite ill.  It didn't use to be this way,  IU fans were better than this. but there are times our fan base seems to be devolving.

Oh I agree. I hope I wasn't condoning anything. I am not. Just know for fact even in High School Gyms the stuff that gets said about the kids and the coaches and refs...you wouldn't want to go if you aren't prepared for that. It shouldn't be expected but I'm not sure the general public can be stopped from this sort of venom. There definitely been times I have had to talk to someone around me to knock it off it isn't appropriate (kids/language). That is on all of us to work to stop...but when you see people drinking....mob mentality...frustrations often boil over. I think the AD let things fester a little too long and the fan base felt it was their job to voice their displeasure once they didn't think the AD would do anything about it. Lots of responsibility on both sides in all of that.

The UK stuff....ohh most definitely we should be above that....funny they still act like we are all animals after the Wat-shot stuff and what happened after the game but the stuff they say and carry on about their own players and coaches...pretty sick. I've heard a lot of racial stuff over the years unfortunately...but to hear how they talk about "their team"...let alone opponents...pretty disgusting and shocking. They might be riding high with their success but they are very very quick to turn on a player or a coach...and Cal will likely have his day too.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:05 PM, dbmhoosier said:

Crean sure seems excited for the new season and is as bronze as ever.  Can't say that's a flattering view of his crotch.  And of course he'll blame Bulldog fans for the losses when they don't sell out games.

Geezus man, another swipe?  Let it go.  You really need to get over your obsession with this man.  He is gone, let it go.  This is not healthy.  See a therapist.

Archived