Hoosier Hysteria Date Set - 9/29

Yeah that's really early. Interesting.

HH - formerly Midnight Madness - used to be right before the season began, sort of an opening practice open to the public.

Couple points, teams couldn't practice prior to the Friday before Oct. 15 before the 2013 season. And it was Crean, in 2011, that ended the midnight event, to make it start in the afternoon, with the publicly stated idea that it's easier for fans, but it may have been actually an effort to get Harris there, if I'm recalling that correctly.

30 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

HH - formerly Midnight Madness - used to be right before the season began, sort of an opening practice open to the public.

Couple points, teams couldn't practice prior to the Friday before Oct. 15 before the 2013 season. And it was Crean, in 2011, that ended the midnight event, to make it start in the afternoon, with the publicly stated idea that it's easier for fans, but it may have been actually an effort to get Harris there, if I'm recalling that correctly.

When it was actually mid night madness it was always the first official day practice could open around 10/15 every year.  It might be earlier this year because they don't want it on a weekend of a home football game so maybe this is the best date without a home game.

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think the NCAA is allowing practice to start earlier this year.

Early date means Archie wants all his recruits to be able to make it without schedule conflicts as October rolls along. I don't mind it one bit. We get full attention for 1 weekend as it's very, very likely no one else has a big event that same day. 

• 1 month later...

Archived