Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

Hopefully he ends up like Kira Lewis at Alabama. Very talented...made some plays as a freshman and you saw his potential but really is starting to take off as a sophomore now. I think Lander has a unique ability to break down a defense and can make plays for others...and as he gets stronger physically will be able to even finish himself.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hopefully he ends up like Kira Lewis at Alabama. Very talented...made some plays as a freshman and you saw his potential but really is starting to take off as a sophomore now. I think Lander has a unique ability to break down a defense and can make plays for others...and as he gets stronger physically will be able to even finish himself.

Good example with Lewis.  I'd add Ashton Hagans at UK as well. The #1 point in his class that reclassified.   Took him a bit to get acclimated,  but has worked out well.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I would imagine he and Phinisee could be our starting backcourt. Always been told that Archies wants both guards as ball handlers. 

If today’s Atmosphere didn’t convince the young LAD, he doesn’t have HOOSIER in his Heart!! TJD is our biggest recruiter if indeed he comes back for another season!  

On 2/22/2020 at 8:46 PM, 5fouls said:

Lander not on the 2021 Indiana Elite Roster I saw earlier this week.  If you recall, he played up a class with the 2020 Indiana Elite team last year.

• Is this a sign of a potential reclass?
  • Has another shoe company pried him away from Adidas? (which would be bad for Indiana)

Spiece Indy Heat on the EYBL. I don't blame him either the team is loaded. I know some other players have been mentioned but here is the entire roster. 

Luke Goode, Khristian Lander, Caleb Furst, Julian Roper II, Blake Sisley, Jeremy Sochan, Isaiah Swope, Blake Wesley, and Kalen Etzler. 

13 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think he absolutely could give us those minutes.  He’s a 5 star and they usually want to be in the spotlight. We will see how it pans out.

Serious question..cause I don’t know...but what makes a player think they want to reclassify..are they that far ahead in school that they can graduate early? Do they feel talent wise that they are that far above other players that they need a new challenge? Just curious.

Yep I would definitely want him right away. He’s obviously someone we would want for the 2021 class, so if reclassifying is something he ends up wanting to do then snag him while you can. Don’t want another year of other big schools trying to reel him in if IU is where he is considering to be next year. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Serious question..cause I don’t know...but what makes a player think they want to reclassify..are they that far ahead in school that they can graduate early? Do they feel talent wise that they are that far above other players that they need a new challenge? Just curious.

Others can chime in on the academic side with more specifics but I have plenty of friends with kids who by the time they are seniors in high school have earned 12-18+ credits at college level already. Some even more. I think Cody actually arrived with standing of almost a sophomore. 

In terms of basketball. Somebody pointed out earlier that Reitz just isn't that good or the competition he's playing isn't that strong. Might make sense to get a jump on life and be challenged instead of beating up on less talent. Similar to why some kids leave college a year early when everyone thinks they should stick around....play against better players will help you develop sooner. 

Hope he reclassifies and chooses us and from the little I've seen...he'll be playing good minutes from day 1.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Others can chime in on the academic side with more specifics but I have plenty of friends with kids who by the time they are seniors in high school have earned 12-18+ credits at college level already. Some even more. I think Cody actually arrived with standing of almost a sophomore. 

In terms of basketball. Somebody pointed out earlier that Reitz just isn't that good or the competition he's playing isn't that strong. Might make sense to get a jump on life and be challenged instead of beating up on less talent. Similar to why some kids leave college a year early when everyone thinks they should stick around....play against better players will help you develop sooner. 

Hope he reclassifies and chooses us and from the little I've seen...he'll be playing good minutes from day 1.

My daughter entered IU with 15 credits before she ever attended a class.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

My daughter entered IU with 15 credits before she ever attended a class.

Yep. My neighbor's kid is headed down there next year. If all goes to plan she'll have 21 by this summer and is looking to enroll early herself. Why would anyone want to shorten their time in Bloomington? Dumb kids. Haha.

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. My neighbor's kid is headed down there next year. If all goes to plan she'll have 21 by this summer and is looking to enroll early herself. Why would anyone want to shorten their time in Bloomington? Dumb kids. Haha.

My daughter will be graduating in May and then start grad school 10 days later at IUPUI

Getting Lander in 2020 would be tremendous if he's willing to reclass. It's not just because he's a great talent but we don't really have good guards at this point. Team desperately needs better guards. Durham-Phinisee-Franklin trio is not enough, and Leal and Galloway won't probably be ready for Big 10 as true freshmen. 

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Getting Lander in 2020 would be tremendous if he's willing to reclass. It's not just because he's a great talent but we don't really have good guards at this point. Team desperately needs better guards. Durham-Phinisee-Franklin trio is not enough, and Leal and Galloway won't probably be ready for Big 10 as true freshmen. 

I am wondering if you think Leal or Galloway would be ready for the big 10 as a true frosh why do you think Lander would,  Lander is a year younger and will probably struggle physically when he gets to college.

12 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

"Leal and Galloway won't probably be ready for Big 10 as true freshmen". I'm not so sure about that one. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am wondering if you think Leal or Galloway would be ready for the big 10 as a true frosh why do you think Lander would,  Lander is a year younger and will probably struggle physically when he gets to college.

So at this point (regardless of their ages), who do you think is the best player out of Leal, Galloway, and Lander? If a 5 star freshman is not better than a low 4 star sophomore, why schools like Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas, etc. have tried to get them at all costs? 

1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

So at this point (regardless of their ages), who do you think is the best player out of Leal, Galloway, and Lander? If a 5 star freshman is not better than a low 4 star sophomore, why schools like Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas, etc. have tried to get them at all costs? 

Being the most talented and being ready are two different things. I remember a few years ago Duke had a 5 star point guard reclassify(Thorton) and barely played and now is on his 3rd team.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Being the most talented and being ready are two different things. I remember a few years ago Duke had a 5 star point guard reclassify(Thorton) and barely played and now is on his 3rd team.

Hey Scott, while some reclassified kids didn't pan out well, there are just about or more examples of other 5 stars that panned out nicely. Let's talk about this again when we DO get Lander. :)

Archived