Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course...this is the time I choose to take a few hours off from HSN...😂😂😂

I'm caught up now...huge get.  For anyone worried about the PG position, that should be good for a couple of years, assuming Lander gets there next season.  

The only raindrop on my parade is not seeing Wesley among the likely leaning to IU group.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm caught up now...huge get.  For anyone worried about the PG position, that should be good for a couple of years, assuming Lander gets there next season.  

The only raindrop on my parade is not seeing Wesley among the likely leaning to IU group.

He’s always seemed like a ND lean imo.

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dont want him here. He missed his chance. 

I always want a kid to end up where they feel they want to be.Regardless of where that is or how bad initially getting flipped from IU might have stung .If the fit is right when it shakes out it would be easy to forget. Also could look good on Archie if he can get something out of him that Cal isn't   For the record I don't condone transferring as often as Matt Carlino did lol I'm not going to speculate further on transfer talk in-season- in nor outbound. Just explaining why I would be okay with him leaving UK for IU no matter what happened in the past. 

20 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I always want a kid to end up where they feel they want to be.Regardless of where that is or how bad initially getting flipped from IU might have stung .If the fit is right when it shakes out it would be easy to forget. Also could look good on Archie if he can get something out of him that Cal isn't   For the record I don't condone transferring as often as Matt Carlino did lol I'm not going to speculate further on transfer talk in-season- in nor outbound. Just explaining why I would be okay with him leaving UK for IU no matter what happened in the past. 

Based on what is here and what is in the hopper, I can't imagine IU has room for him, especially if he has to sit a year.  I think Archie would be very much against shoving out someone who chose IU for someone who made a decision they now regret.  I don't fault the kid, but I do fault a coach I feel was dishonest and a parent that fell for it and pushed the kid hard in that direction.  Personally, I'd wish him well and move on.

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Just saw it myself.  Big get.  Go lock up the rest of that class Archie.

One of the things that we've all been concerned about is guard play, particularly Rob's struggles to stay healthy and consistent. If KL goes 2020 and we can bring in a shooter, either from the transfer portal or grad transfer, we're going to be in really good shape next year. Feeling the best I've felt about this program in half a decade, and really starting to feel like we're building something that can be consistently successful. Great work by CAM.

4 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

You make some good points. If he came in ready to be a team player and had realistic expectations for himself I would be ok with that.  Not saying he doesnt have a future, may just take longer then he wants. 

4 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

It’s just ridiculous to tell a talented kid who, regardless of initial destination, want to bring their talents to the program, that they are no longer wanted out of spite.

Its petulant. It’s petty. Besides all that, it’s a bad look for the program.

8 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I saw a thing where Kaufman and Lander don't want to play together. That they avoided playing AAU together throughout high school. Don't know if this is true or not though, but just saw that somewhere the other day. 

I don't think there is any truth to that rumor.  Kaufman became an elite prospect later than Lander, so he was historically not getting the same AAU opportunities as Lander.  When Kaufman finally broke out last year, Lander was playing a class ahead (with Leal and Galloway).  Until this summer's upcoming AAU season, there was no legitimate chance for them to play together.  Sounds like a rival fan just wanting to start something.

1 minute ago, zerawkid said:

It’s just ridiculous to tell a talented kid who, regardless of initial destination, want to bring their talents to the program that they are no longer wanted out of spite.

Its petulant. It’s petty. It’s spiteful. Besides all that, it’s a bad look for the program.

It's not spite to some of us. It's lack of trust and that's the issue for most I think...especially me.

Anyway point of this thread is Lander. Can't tell you how important this Burger Boy commit is to IU/Archie,etc.....gives "total control" perception.  Not going anywhere and now the team has turned it's own corner. Will cheer like crazy for the rest of the season but the future is very, very bright. For those who hammer the anti Archie stuff I'd suggest going back into the hole for a couple years. He isn't going anywhere.

A couple of thoughts on landing Lander...

I think he will reclassify. There was really no need to commit this early if he wasn't. And I think it benefits both parties. Khristian gets a head start on getting his body college ready and beyond with a bonafide training program. He's gonna have to gain strength to compete with B10 guards, and I think Cliff Marshall will do wonders for him.

Plus, he gets a head start on playing with kids like Anthony and Trey who he obviously likes and enjoys being around. They've talked. The picture of all the Indiana kids, both already there and incoming, tells me they've talked about being a special group and restoring IU to its place as a basketball powerhouse.

We, as fans, get the obvious benefit of watching a skilled kid provide depth and play at a high level. 

Finally, I hope this lops off the "Archie has trouble recruiting" argument that's brought to the table as a side dish seemingly after every loss...He's a good recruiter. Kids see the intensity and the determination to win. And, apparently some good ones want to be a part of that...

Damn, for a Wednesday, I'm stoked!

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's not spite to some of us. It's lack of trust and that's the issue for most I think...especially me.

Anyway point of this thread is Lander. Can't tell you how important this Burger Boy commit is to IU/Archie,etc.....gives "total control" perception.  Not going anywhere and now the team has turned it's own corner. Will cheer like crazy for the rest of the season but the future is very, very bright. For those who hammer the anti Archie stuff I'd suggest going back into the hole for a couple years. He isn't going anywhere.

The optic is spite. It looks bad from the outside, to recruits, another mar on the face of our fanbase. The way the initial poster (Flynn, I think) put it, it sure sounded spiteful. 

Also, on what basis, other than their initial choice, are you developing trust issues with a nineteen year old I’m pretty sure you don’t even know?

On the topic of Lander: heck yes! Couldn’t be more excited! Archie is doing work. And, the fact Lander is readily dangling 2020 as an option tells me he really aims to do it, just probably needs to see how the academic year finishes up.

Archived