Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't think there is any truth to that rumor.  Kaufman became an elite prospect later than Lander, so he was historically not getting the same AAU opportunities as Lander.  When Kaufman finally broke out last year, Lander was playing a class ahead (with Leal and Galloway).  Until this summer's upcoming AAU season, there was no legitimate chance for them to play together.  Sounds like a rival fan just wanting to start something.

I thought it was Furst and Kaufman who don't want to play together. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think he will reclassify. There was really no need to commit this early if he wasn't. And I think it benefits both parties. 

I agree 100%.  I haven't read all through the posts since last night and I haven't read anything written by a recruiting insider, but when I saw the text from my buddy this morning with the news this was the first thought I had.  

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

On Brooks, he didn’t want to go to UK, wanted to change his mind after verbally committing to UK, now wants out of UK.  Only one thing got/and continues to get in his way.  I’ll let you guys decide on what that is...😉

Thanks..so there is some truth to it...easy to know what it is..👍🏻

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

On Brooks, he didn’t want to go to UK, wanted to change his mind after verbally committing to UK, now wants out of UK.  Only one thing got/and continues to get in his way.  I’ll let you guys decide on what that is...😉

I can actually respect his dad for holding him to his commitment at this point.  Life lesson is sometimes you screw up, it's then up to hard work to fix it from there.

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

I can actually respect his dad for holding him to his commitment at this point.  Life lesson is sometimes you screw up, it's then up to hard work to fix it from there.

His dad is the one who made him commit to UK to begin with so I wouldn’t give him a ton of credit.

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Did you read through that thread? Those guys are bigger twits than the group on Rivals...

Here are a few gems...

"Hey wouldn’t have sat behind him but his playing time would have been less. At IU he’ll be getting 35-+ minutes a game."

That guy apparently hasn't seen CAM coach and has never heard of Rob Phinisee...

"This hurts. He had size that we need for the position."

He's 6'1"

They do have some clear thinkers over there, though...

"They have a lot more top-25 wins than we do. While their seed may not be great, they basically locked up a bid with their win over Penn State this past weekend. The Big Ten will get multiple teams with .500 or worse conference records. Lastly, they beat a Florida State team that owns us."

Heh, heh, heh...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

It's not spite to some of us. It's lack of trust and that's the issue for most I think...especially me.

Anyway point of this thread is Lander. Can't tell you how important this Burger Boy commit is to IU/Archie,etc.....gives "total control" perception.  Not going anywhere and now the team has turned it's own corner. Will cheer like crazy for the rest of the season but the future is very, very bright. For those who hammer the anti Archie stuff I'd suggest going back into the hole for a couple years. He isn't going anywhere.

I don't think people were anti-Archie per se, the program just appeared to be teetering on the edge a few weeks ago.  He seems to mostly have gotten that under control.

As someone who was feeling bad about Miller a few weeks ago, making the tournament and landing future classes full of talent are the types of things I was looking for this year.  If that occurs, I am comfortably back on the bandwagon.

I did not want Archie to go, I want whoever occupies that seat to be wildly successful.  He has struggled to get his feet under him, there are signs he may have finally started to do that.  That makes me happy.  We all want the team to be successful.

Welcome aboard to Lander, now we can have him start actively recruiting his class along with his AAU teammates we have committed as well.  Go get Kauffman and then look for one or two more big fish in that 21 class.

1 hour ago, zerawkid said:

The optic is spite. It looks bad from the outside, to recruits, another mar on the face of our fanbase. The way the initial poster (Flynn, I think) put it, it sure sounded spiteful. 

Also, on what basis, other than their initial choice, are you developing trust issues with a nineteen year old I’m pretty sure you don’t even know?

On the topic of Lander: heck yes! Couldn’t be more excited! Archie is doing work. And, the fact Lander is readily dangling 2020 as an option tells me he really aims to do it, just probably needs to see how the academic year finishes up.

It wasnt meant to be out of spite.  If you remember from his recruitment his priorities were the league and money. Just want IU first guys, future goals will come in time. I dont care if one and done or here for 4 yrs. To me its IU first the rest later.  After all they are committing to playing for and representing a university.  Now, if his experience at UK taught him some humility and his attitude changed then I will have a different opinion. 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Did you read through that thread? Those guys are bigger twits than the group on Rivals...

Here are a few gems...

"Hey wouldn’t have sat behind him but his playing time would have been less. At IU he’ll be getting 35-+ minutes a game."

That guy apparently hasn't seen CAM coach and has never heard of Rob Phinisee...

He's 6'1"

"They have a lot more top-25 wins than we do. While their seed may not be great, they basically locked up a bid with their win over Penn State this past weekend. The Big Ten will get multiple teams with .500 or worse conference records. Lastly, they beat a Florida State team that owns us."

Heh, heh, heh...

Some on Purdue board are pretending not to know who he is 

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Here are a few gems...

He's 6'1"

Heh, heh, heh...

35+ mpg is definitely overstating it, but I guarantee Lander will get at least 25 mpg next season.  Archie has given his elite freshmen a ton of minutes, I don’t think it will be any different for Lander.

8 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

35+ mpg is definitely overstating it, but I guarantee Lander will get at least 25 mpg next season.  Archie has given his elite freshmen a ton of minutes, I don’t think it will be any different for Lander.

Huh.

I'm just going to say I hope Rob stays completely healthy from here on out

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Huh.

I'm just going to say I hope Rob stays completely healthy from here on out

We did this last season with TJD... Remember when he was going to coming off the bench behind Smith, Brunk, and Davis?  Lol.

Our returning guards are just not very good.  Lander will be getting meaningful minutes from day one.

Archived