Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We did this last season with TJD... Remember when he was going to coming off the bench behind Smith, Brunk, and Davis?  Lol.

Our returning guards are just not very good.  Lander will be getting meaningful minutes from day one.

I agree with this.  He will get minutes - Devonte's at least.  But he does need to add 10+ lbs of muscle.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The same buddy who texted me the Lander news texted me a link to some UL facebook comments after their loss to FSU.  They were ready to run Mack out of town.  He's only doing this with Pitino's guys, not sure he is the right guy long term, etc.  

It all depends on Khristian what his minutes look like. Take care of the basketball, get the dang ball to Race and Trayce in the post, knock down free throws, and hold your own defensively and the kid will get all the minutes he wants (25 likely). If he comes in and doesn't put in the work necessary and his body isn't ready well I see him playing a lot early in the non-conference but come B1G time he will lose minutes and be behind Armaan and Al. I assume Rob will lead the guards in minutes...but we could easily see Geronimo, Leal, and Galloway get minutes at the two as well. One thing we know....Archie is not afraid to substitute lol...about every 4 mins...so Lander and others will get stretches on the court to earn more and more minutes. The back court is going from a weakness to a strength over the next couple years imo.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It all depends on Khristian what his minutes look like. Take care of the basketball, get the dang ball to Race and Trayce in the post, knock down free throws, and hold your own defensively and the kid will get all the minutes he wants (25 likely). If he comes in and doesn't put in the work necessary and his body isn't ready well I see him playing a lot early in the non-conference but come B1G time he will lose minutes and be behind Armaan and Al. I assume Rob will lead the guards in minutes...but we could easily see Geronimo, Leal, and Galloway get minutes at the two as well. One thing we know....Archie is not afraid to substitute lol...about every 4 mins...so Lander and others will get stretches on the court to earn more and more minutes. The back court is going from a weakness to a strength over the next couple years imo.

That's the thing. With one fall swoop our back court changed on a dime for the next 2 years and allows us the time to focus on wings/bigs exclusively in these next 2 classes. I did want to say one small thank you to a guy who hasn't been mentioned in this thread I don't believe. Thank you Romeo. People can say whatever they want about on court last year...but his commitment to IU and Archie continues to pay dividends. Much like when Cody said yes...it was almost like a green light that it was cool to say yes to IU again. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing. With one fall swoop our back court changed on a dime for the next 2 years and allows us the time to focus on wings/bigs exclusively in these next 2 classes. I did want to say one small thank you to a guy who hasn't been mentioned in this thread I don't believe. Thank you Romeo. People can say whatever they want about on court last year...but his commitment to IU and Archie continues to pay dividends. Much like when Cody said yes...it was almost like a green light that it was cool to say yes to IU again. 

Correct. Romeos commitment still matters. That was a big factor for Trayce. 

16 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We did this last season with TJD... Remember when he was going to coming off the bench behind Smith, Brunk, and Davis?  Lol.

Our returning guards are just not very good.  Lander will be getting meaningful minutes from day one.

Was totally wrong on that one because TJD is a lot better than I thought he would be.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Correct. Romeos commitment still matters. That was a big factor for Trayce. 

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way. Romeo to Trayce to Lander to.....and the beat goes on. Very excited for rest of this season but equally excited for future. People better get their shots in now. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way. Romeo to Trayce to Lander to.....and the beat goes on. Very excited for rest of this season but equally excited for future. People better get their shots in now. 

Not to sound arrogant in any sort of way, but it's actually fact (not just a line of thinking). I'm REALLY good friends with the FR coach at CG that was there while Trayce was there. TJD absolutely loves Romeo, really looks up to him. 

I'm sure Mr. Lander saw the commitment of those two.. and the chance to play with TJD in college and couldn't pass it up. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Got to get this off my chest. What with all the recent replacement talk. Coach Miller continues to live up to his promise of locking up the state.

Between this and actually finally changing what wasn’t working I think Archie earned more time for sure. 

They talked a bit about it on Assembly call but he’s got to be less stubborn. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

On Brooks, he didn’t want to go to UK, wanted to change his mind after verbally committing to UK, now wants out of UK.  Only one thing got/and continues to get in his way.  I’ll let you guys decide on what that is...😉

"Time to be selfish".........how's that working for you?  SMH

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Woke up this morning and looked at my phone and could not believe to see this great news.  I wonder what happened to the people who said Archie could not recruit the top players and this season is totally destroying his recruiting.

Or, what happened to those people that said that discussing on this board Archie's potential replacements would destroy his recruiting. 🤨

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Between this and actually finally changing what wasn’t working I think Archie earned more time for sure. 

One more thing. In addition to continuing to lock up the state. There had been a lot of talk about Coach Miller's inability to get five stars to come to IU.  Unless something drastic happens between now and signing day, this hopefully puts an end to that talk.

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not to sound arrogant in any sort of way, but it's actually fact (not just a line of thinking). I'm REALLY good friends with the FR coach at CG that was there while Trayce was there. TJD absolutely loves Romeo, really looks up to him. 

I'm sure Mr. Lander saw the commitment of those two.. and the chance to play with TJD in college and couldn't pass it up. 

It's not arrogant if you know....and from an outsider looking in Romeo opened things up to many.

I'll add this too and this may or may not be a big deal but I believe it is. Our social media department constantly highlighting our kids doesn't hurt one bit. I follow a couple of the current players parents and they are constantly talking with each other about how cool it is to see so much attention,etc....anyway thanks again for the intel. Always appreciated.

39 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Huh.

I'm just going to say I hope Rob stays completely healthy from here on out

If he is a legit PG who plays at a high level come next year, Rob will need to up his game.  But as we have seen, CAM plays deep on the bench and subs every 3 - 4 minutes regardless of how the player is doing.  Landers could get 20 - 25 minutes easily if he can shoot the ball and play decent defense.

Also, i am still not sold on CAM as  coach, but i can't say he can't recruit the state of Indiana!  

Go Hoosiers!

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

One more thing. In addition to continuing to lock up the state. There had been a lot of talk about Coach Miller's inability to get five stars to come to IU.  Unless something drastic happens between now and signing day, this hopefully puts an end to that talk.

Well TJD did go in a free fall in the rankings for some unknown and totally not media bias reason. He didn’t stay a 5 star even. Yet look at him compared to 5 stars. 

If it happens to Lander won’t hold it against him or Archie. 

Thanks to @IUwins0708. When he talks listen. The info he shares is spot on at that moment. Things might change but at that  moment he is very dialed in. I was not very close on this recruitment but got a few texts yesterday but vowed not to spread anything until I felt confident and I did not see this one coming this soon

Kudos to the guys that brought us the intel. HUGE GET for our Hoosiers.  Great job CAM and staff. Cant wait to see Lander on the court at Assembly Hall,  he is a game changer.

Thank you Romeo you paved the way for TJD, Lander and many others to come . Your impact on the floor was great but will be much more important off court.

No truth at all about Lander and Kaufman not wanting to play together. I would be shocked if Kaufman does not pop for IU.

The buzz is back on for guys to committ while spots are available.

Great day to be a Hoosier,  now kick some Purdue butt to cap off a great week.

Archived