Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And I was agreeing with him. 

Try to keep up. 

you weren't though....like at all. You were taking shots at AM. "he's got to be less stubborn" "earned more time" .... he was never going anywhere lol 

Just post that stuff in another thread, not hard. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

IU is becoming the Indiana all star team! I look forward to it staying that way.

Watching highlight videos with Lander, Leal, and Galloway all playing for Indiana Elite last summer is pretty cool.  Those three guys have to be pretty psyched about linking up at IU, and their chemistry on the court should pay dividends.  Exciting stuff.

From the IndyStar article...

“I just feel like they never acted different, no matter what type of recruits they could have gotten. They stayed consistent,” Lander said. “And the loyalty thing is real big for me.”

And...

“It’s a basketball state,” Lander said. “I feel like the fanbase is ridiculous. They love basketball and all their players that have been there.”

I really like this kid...

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

Something I'm not clear about....

IF Lander recommitts then he'd be here for 2 years?

I thought that a player needs to be 19 or has played one year in college to be eligible for the draft. Isn't that what Noah Vonleh did? 

I think we're all assuming he will be here for 2 years if he reclassifies. 

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I thought that a player needs to be 19 or has played one year in college to be eligible for the draft. Isn't that what Noah Vonleh did? 

Yeah this move only makes sense if he plans to be here two years

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

“I just feel like they never acted different, no matter what type of recruits they could have gotten. They stayed consistent,” Lander said. “And the loyalty thing is real big for me.”

And...

“It’s a basketball state,” Lander said. “I feel like the fanbase is ridiculous. They love basketball and all their players that have been there.”

Love that he gets it. He understands that fans in Indiana know basketball. I will say it again our crazy fans that love IU basketball does much more good than our CRAZY few fans that go over the top in a negative way

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And...

Weird, I thought the H🔥t Seat thread on HSN was gonna scare him off for sure...

One thing I really like about Khristian beyond his passing which I think is really special is ability to push the ball in the open floor. I really really would like to see IU do a better job at this. Pains me to see us not push the ball!! We make offense so hard on ourselves because we let a defense get set....we need to put teams on their heels. Rob does it "sometimes" but we really see a drop off from the other guards with this....and then don't even get me started about our ability to throw an alley oop! Khristian has nice touch and I can see him and Trayce having a nice connection! While Khristian still has improvement to make on his jumper (its ok) he really can finish scoring or passing on a break....hopefully the days are behind us from what we saw last week with 2 or 3 on 1's and we throw the ball out of bounds. No more not finishing!! Great get Archie!

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I could be wrong...but I think Khristian was going to be here a minimum two years no matter what class he came in. Coming in 20 instead of 21 just means he gets to the NBA a year earlier if he does all the right things. Sometimes these kids are actually a year older than many of their classmates and reclassifying just puts them back in the class they should have been all along (we see kids get held back to better compete in sports and need help at early age with academics) but I think a lot of kids realize that while they believe they will get to the NBA it's going to take a couple years...and getting a start on it a year earlier means they start earning a year earlier. Also if they don't feel their HS coaches/competition is strong they will either go to a prep school or go to college. Khristian seems to think a season spent working with the college coaches and all the training etc plus learning a system a year earlier will benefit him more in the long run than a year at Reitz. Hard to argue with that.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

One thing I really like about Khristian beyond his passing which I think is really special is ability to push the ball in the open floor. I really really would like to see IU do a better job at this. Pains me to see us not push the ball!! We make offense so hard on ourselves because we let a defense get set....we need to put teams on their heels. Rob does it "sometimes" but we really see a drop off from the other guards with this....and then don't even get me started about our ability to throw an alley oop! Khristian has nice touch and I can see him and Trayce having a nice connection! While Khristian still has improvement to make on his jumper (its ok) he really can finish scoring or passing on a break....hopefully the days are behind us from what we saw last week with 2 or 3 on 1's and we throw the ball out of bounds. No more not finishing!! Great get Archie!

Yep Lander is going to be our Steve Nash. 

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Good points all...watched some highlights (which I kinda don't like to do, because you're only seeing a trailer...based on highlights, "Central Intelligence" was a good movie) and thought this...

Great with his off hand...really couldn't tell he was left handed at all..used both deftly...

Unafraid going to the hoop...great hops, and finished well over taller players...

His cross over is an ankle-breaker deluxe..excellent ball handler overall...as good or better than anyone we currently have...

Didn't get to see outside shot or much defense, but he's got the tools to be a good defender...just needs to gain some strength...

9 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Does he have to be here 2 years if re classifies. Or hypothetically can he reclassify and declare for the draft after one year, even if he's not 19. 

Sounds like if he’s 18 at the end of next season, which appears to be the case, he won’t be able to leave unless the one and done rule changes in the interim.

“Article X dictated that in order for an American player to be draft eligible, he must be at least 19 years old and at least one NBA season must have elapsed since when he graduated from high school or, if he didn't graduate, when he would have graduated.”

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Really? You just made me relive that awful pass from (i believe) Al on the 2 on 1 break vs PSU in my mind. Not a good way to start the day!

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Love that he gets it. He understands that fans in Indiana know basketball. I will say it again our crazy fans that love IU basketball does much more good than our CRAZY few fans that go over the top in a negative way

This has always been my take as well.  I refuse to believe our fanbase is a negative for recruiting.  

Archived