Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Watch his body language during the games on the bench. With the guys we have returning and coming in, he knows his window is closing for playing time. He's just not fit for IU. 

I failed body language, but my wife is giving me a remedial course...

11 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I saw highlights of Kaufman vs Furst at Southport. Not that impressed with Kaufman, lacks ability to defend and seems clumsy as well. He's definitely a raw talent with a lot of ceiling, but Furst is by far the better player. Although, looks like Izzo and Fife are going to land Furst. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/silver-creek-dragons-(sellersburg,in)/basketball/stats.htm

Kaufman avgs 26p 9r 3a... 64% from the field, 38% from 3. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh wow... this umm... interesting take. wow 

Go watch the twitter video of Kaufman handling TJD and Brunk from September. 

I went to high school with Trayce and I am good friends with his best friend, and Trayce was very pissed off when that video was posted on twitter because it only showed what Kaufman did well and Trayce said he wasn't going 100% either. 

4 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I went to high school with Trayce and I am good friends with his best friend, and Trayce was very pissed off when that video was posted on twitter because it only showed what Kaufman did well and Trayce said he wasn't going 100% either. 

Hate that for him. Kaufman is the real deal... and is CONSTANTLY improving. 

I watched the Jeff/SC film. He is was friggin good. Trey had 25p and 9r that night. 

3 hours ago, zerawkid said:

The optic is spite. It looks bad from the outside, to recruits, another mar on the face of our fanbase. The way the initial poster (Flynn, I think) put it, it sure sounded spiteful. 

Also, on what basis, other than their initial choice, are you developing trust issues with a nineteen year old I’m pretty sure you don’t even know?

On the topic of Lander: heck yes! Couldn’t be more excited! Archie is doing work. And, the fact Lander is readily dangling 2020 as an option tells me he really aims to do it, just probably needs to see how the academic year finishes up.

I think there's another angle and I said it before...no room.  Too many already committed and too many prospects in the hopper. Cal has done him no favors in how he's used and developed him as well.

Would you take him if it meant he got Kaufman's spot? I wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Something I'm not clear about....

IF Lander recommitts then he'd be here for 2 years?

I thought that a player needs to be 19 or has played one year in college to be eligible for the draft. Isn't that what Noah Vonleh did? 

For the last 24 hours I've been trying to confirm age and date of birth for Lander.  Does any one know??

31 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The money he would be making in the NBA. 

Okay. I mean, are there quotes or are we just assuming?

If the kid made a mistake and wants to come aboard and we happen to have space, it’s the right thing to do to forgive him the transgression. He can work his way to league here and be a part of a really good Indiana team. The two aren’t exclusive of one another.

Sorry to hijack, btw. 

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Didn’t Snow say it?

Snow said Furst and Kauffman didn’t want to play together at the time he said it.  Snow said they see themselves occupying the same position in college.  He also said, “I know people will argue they can play together, but it doesn’t matter, it’s what they think.”

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hate that for him. Kaufman is the real deal... and is CONSTANTLY improving. 

I watched the Jeff/SC film. He is was friggin good. Trey had 25p and 9r that night. 

I never said he wasn’t good. I know the kid is good and I’d be happy if he came here but after watching him go against another big in his class at his position from the same state. I would take Furst before Kaufman. That’s all I’m saying. Not trying to crap on the kid at all. Like I said he has a ton of potential and a lot of ceiling and yes he did look good in that video against Trayce and Joey, but those two were clearly not trying at all. I was told that specifically and that both guys were displeased that the video was put out there on Twitter. Kid is the real deal, I’m not denying that and I guarantee he’s improving. I’m just saying my first choice would be Furst. 

31 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I saw highlights of Kaufman vs Furst at Southport. Not that impressed with Kaufman, lacks ability to defend and seems clumsy as well. He's definitely a raw talent with a lot of ceiling, but Furst is by far the better player. Although, looks like Izzo and Fife are going to land Furst. 

And I watched an IU vs OSU game one time where Matt Roth looked like an All-American.  

You simply cannot base someone 's skill off a single game.  If you want to assume that game indicates who is better, then Kooper Jacobi would be considered better than both of them. 

I see Kaufman all the time.  There are things Furst does better.  There are things Kaufman does better.  They both will be high level college players.

I will also disagree with your 'lacked the ability to defend' comment.  That's simply not an accurate observation.

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Saw the same thing...he's still engaged

Maybe because he has friends on the team and he still wants everyone to do well. Doesn’t mean he wants to stay. I hope I’m wrong and maybe he wants to stay and keep trying to improve each year, but with this new transfer rule that might be put in place and the fact that he literally plays zero minutes now, I feel like he will transfer. He’s a sophomore, so it’s a perfect time to do it. With the guys we have returning and coming in, I just feel like it’s those most realistic option for him. I’m sorry but I’m just not impressed with him in general and he’s just not a good fit here. 

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Snow said Furst and Kauffman didn’t want to play together at the time he said it.  Snow said they see themselves occupying the same position in college.  He also said, “I know people will argue they can play together, but it doesn’t matter, it’s what they think.”

Was referring to a comment he made about Lander and Kaufman last night. 

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If he is a legit PG who plays at a high level come next year, Rob will need to up his game.  But as we have seen, CAM plays deep on the bench and subs every 3 - 4 minutes regardless of how the player is doing.  Landers could get 20 - 25 minutes easily if he can shoot the ball and play decent defense.

Also, i am still not sold on CAM as  coach, but i can't say he can't recruit the state of Indiana!  

Go Hoosiers!

We have seen we need 2 ball handlers on the court. look what happens when Al and Devante are on the court together running the show 🤪

Archived