Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

And I watched an IU vs OSU game one time where Matt Roth looked like an All-American.  

You simply cannot base someone 's skill off a single game.  If you want to assume that game indicates who is better, then Kooper Jacobi would be considered better than both of them. 

I see Kaufman all the time.  There are things Furst does better.  There are things Kaufman does better.  They both will be high level college players.

I will also disagree with your 'lacked the ability to defend' comment.  That's simply not an accurate observation.

Well if I went by just a game or two I would have thought that Jacobi was not good because he struggled at the HOF tournament.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

For those commenting about Snow saying Kauffman and Lander don't want to play together, that isn't true. 

He stated that Lander and Kauffman have had a lot of chances to be teammates and just never have. 

Could be something, could be nothing but that is what is being referred to in this thread.

Strikes me more as a Turdue fan wishful thinking thing. 😜

2 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

Had a lot of chances to be AAU teammates is what Snow said. Was just clarifying what he said because I'd seen it mentioned in here.

Right.. I understand you're just passing on info... but what I'm asking is... when were all these opportunities? Makes no sense where Snow is coming from. 

2 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Well Archie won't have to push anyone out because I think it's safe to assume that Damezi is going to transfer after this season. Opens up another scholarship. 

...which would be better used on someone else rather than a player that has to sit for a year.  If I have one scholarship, that's not where I'd spend it.

4 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

The fact the GBI has a 3 page thread on Lander and why they didn’t need/want him just makes my day lol

One of their greatest hits:

indy35 All-American
Gold Member

GoldandBlackintheSaddleAgain said:
5 * point guard announced he's IU bound. Damn, that's a big catch for them.
Dude’s a cancer though, terrible attitude.

2 hours ago, madmax said:

Why is it even remotely safe to assume that? Because he hasn’t played a ton of minutes lately? Believe it or not, it’s possible Damezi wants to stay here and be a stud his JR and SR years. I, for one, hope he does. Everyone said the same stuff last year about Green/Smith and here we are.

I hope he does too.  The only reason this has gotten traction is that Archie pretty clearly said he still had two scholarships left for 2020 in a recent interview.  That tells us someone is transferring or leaving early.  Since Trayce said pretty clearly he's staying, that only leaves a known transfer.  I won't speculate names...that's my personal rule because I hate it when others do, but I can see why they would guess who they guess.  I only see two realistic candidates for a transfer and one seems a lot more likely than the other.

Now back to Mr. Lander...man, is it a great day to be a fan here...

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Of course...this is the time I choose to take a few hours off from HSN...😂😂😂

I'm caught up now...huge get.  For anyone worried about the PG position, that should be good for a couple of years, assuming Lander gets there next season.  

The only raindrop on my parade is not seeing Wesley among the likely leaning to IU group.

Me too. Had to take the car in for service this morning and the guys at the shop were all talking about Lander....

35 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You joined our site back in 2018, and you just made your first post today ?  Well, good for you.  And I will just pass along the advice given to me after my first post on John Decker's Hoosier Nation, on the old Scout platform over ten years ago..... keep on posting !

How long have you been on message boards..just the ten years? I can remember being on one back in 98 or 99 and I want to say it was an open forum on the Peegs site...I was on Deckers site also..mostly reading but did post some

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Me too. Had to take the car in for service this morning and the guys at the shop were all talking about Lander....

Selfish promotion. I hope you told the guys at the shop to check out Hoosier Sports Nation. Sounds like they are in to IUBB. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

How long have you been on message boards..just the ten years? I can remember being on one back in 98 or 99 and I want to say it was an open forum on the Peegs site...I was on Deckers site also..mostly reading but did post some

I lurked for a long time. Before posting. Honestly did not feel I was worthy.

Do you recall Decker's friend ?  The Fourth Estate ?  Was his first mod.  And would get beat up often.  That's when Mr. Decker, who is back again at IU, had myself and the late great Craig Hoops become mods.

Archived