Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I figured Lander wouldn’t fit Purdue’s culture. Makes sense now...

365DF364-23D1-404B-A8DD-5FB0C0B2B3A9.png

The same culture where one of their best players is wearing a Western Michigan t-shirt to the press conference along with GBI talking in length about how the team has given up? Huh, strange.

26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I lurked for a long time. Before posting. Honestly did not feel I was worthy.

Do you recall Decker's friend ?  The Fourth Estate ?  Was his first mod.  And would get beat up often.  That's when Mr. Decker, who is back again at IU, had myself and the late great Craig Hoops become mods.

Oh yeah..I remember those names...I remember several but one always stood out to me because of what he would post and that was jcbasketball..he may be on this board for all I know

This is exciting and a perfect time for a bit of momentum. I will be excited to see Al and Rob play off the ball a bit next season if there is a reclassification. I really think this could help our shooting considerably. We will have a senior, junior, sophomore and a high caliber freshman barring transfer or injury. That's a sweet spot to be in.

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IU "Basketball" has never supported NIKE. All I have even known IU Baskeball using was, Converse, Adidas and those Coach Knight "Starter" v-neck pullovers.

IU Football wore NIKE when Cam Cameron was coaching.  

We had Nike during our last final four run when i was at IU.  I still have some of the gear.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Very likely he’s transferring. There won’t be enough minutes available for him next year with plus there will be even more competition.

Remember, since we are talking about Archie keeping his promises, he stated over and over again he wanted to get old and stay old. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Sure!! That is why UK is watching Kaufman....they decided they don't want NBA talent anymore...want to try a new approach! Give me a friggin break. I can see people want  Furst more...having him rated higher...that's all and well because Furst is a legit stud..and I hate thinking of him playing at MSU and giving us problems for years to come but Kaufman is an elite talent in his own right. I'd say probably as close to Jared Jefferies as we have had in a while would be my comp. and maybe a better shooter.

You can go back and look at my later comments and I clearly say that I think the kid is still good. He’s rated high for a reason and his ceiling is extremely high. 

Watched the BNL/Reitz game against today. KL had 25p, 6r, 2a, 2s, and 1b. 

BNL zoned early and Reitz shot them out of it. Weird game because Reitz got up to such a big lead early. KL guarded Bailey the whole game... defended him about as well as I've seen anyone guard him. Brayton is a really hard player to guard in HS. 

KL is REALLY long. He does need to get stronger, but you can see he is improving in that area. 

Reitz is glorified AAU team offensively. 

45 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I figured Lander wouldn’t fit Purdue’s culture. Makes sense now...

365DF364-23D1-404B-A8DD-5FB0C0B2B3A9.png

Have they mentioned him not having the grades to get into PU or him not playing hard enough on defense for Painter to really want? Those seem to be their go to excuses. 

10 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Have they mentioned him not having the grades to get into PU or him not playing hard enough on defense for Painter to really want? Those seem to be their go to excuses. 

He can’t shoot. He’s bad at defense. Doesn’t hustle. Terrible teammate. Painter has his type of players, he isn’t one of them. Ivey is better. Can’t milk a cow in under 22 seconds flat...

they do make valid points that I agree with. Archie hasn’t beat painter, and we have no room to talk because painter is beating us with lower ranked recruits. But by and large Porkchop didn’t want or need him anyway.

And we have our ridiculous people too and it isn’t the entire fan base, but still fun to chuckle about. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

😂😂😂

Funny how Painter "quit recruiting him" but yet didn't pull the offer.

I call BS and pure sour grapes.

Who actually “pulls the offer” though? Painter hasn’t seriously recruited him in over a year because he knew it was a lost cause and that he wasn’t going to land a guy from Evansville lol. 

He’s not going to waste his time recruiting a guy he knows he doesn’t have a good chance with. See Cody Zeller, JBJ, etc...

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Who actually “pulls the offer” though? Painter hasn’t seriously recruited him in over a year because he knew it was a lost cause and that he wasn’t going to land a guy from Evansville lol. 

He’s not going to waste his time recruiting a guy he knows he doesn’t have a good chance with. See Cody Zeller, JBJ, etc...

It's not common, I'll admit and I get not wasting time over a lost cause...kind of like IU not chasing Caleb Swanigan.  Was more chuckling over the idea that Painter spontaneously quite recruiting a kid after watching him for half a basketball game.  You got some real gems over there on the free forum. 😂

Just now, FKIM01 said:

It's not common, I'll admit and I get not wasting time over a lost cause...kind of like IU not chasing Caleb Swanigan.  Was more chuckling over the idea that Painter spontaneously quite recruiting a kid after watching him for half a basketball game.  You got some real gems over there on the free forum. 😂

Oh no the stuff about him not recruiting him anymore because of half a game is insane haha. It’s him realizing that a guy from Evansville probably isn’t going to be Purdue-bound and started to spend his time elsewhere haha. 

Archived