Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i was one of the few who actually liked GoColts88 back then.  i thought he had great points.  Craig was the most positive guy ever.  i sometimes wonder what happened to Oggy.

Not me.  I thought he was a complete ass.  Doesn't matter how smart you think you are if you're a jerk about it.

He was wrong plenty as well...and very bad about admitting when he was.  He had no clue how to civilly disagree.  We'll have to disagree on him...good riddance.

Oggy was a different story.  He was often on the same side of the argument as GC but he usually wasn't a jerk about it when he disagreed with you.  I miss Oggy...think he was having some health issues.  Believe he was an Evansville guy so maybe someone down there knows more.

Craighoops...God bless him.  I couldn't pump sunshine like him no matter how I tried.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

It was a great town to grow up to in. Met Titans of industry, famous architects and all around great people. When I was growing up up it had the most millionaires per capital in the U.S.

Not to sidetrack but Columbus is a hidden gem of wealth that really isn't hidden. My uncle lived near this place called Tipton Lakes. Beautiful area and homes full of great people.

30 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Not me.  I thought he was a complete ass.  Doesn't matter how smart you think you are if you're a jerk about it.

He was wrong plenty as well...and very bad about admitting when he was.  He had no clue how to civilly disagree.  We'll have to disagree on him...good riddance.

Oggy was a different story.  He was often on the same side of the argument as GC but he usually wasn't a jerk about it when he disagreed with you.  I miss Oggy...think he was having some health issues.  Believe he was an Evansville guy so maybe someone down there knows more.

Craighoops...God bless him.  I couldn't pump sunshine like him no matter how I tried.

Don't forget Lafhoosier either.  I literally never agreed with the guy on anything but he was a good man.  

44 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I miss jaybob! Man we had some laughs on the forum 2-3 migrations ago...accidentally wrote ”gaybob” late one night and I literally lol’d over it. Good ol days. Back when gocolts88 was a breath of fresh air too! Lol. Good times. 

Jaybob was a friend of mine. Till the day after the Navy game and the HSN get together, in B-town,  along with Natural Hoosier, when they both stabbed Colonial Crestor and chose to leave HSN for another site. So... it surprised me, when Jaybob got in touch with me, about Choops passing.

As for Rob Albright (Colts 88). He had a volume to provide. But was very divisive. Especially when he went out of his way to attack the future mother-in-law of one of our former centers, because of her wishing well on him and the team due to religious desires.  True that Colts 88 was a member of the IUFB team. But as a kicker, he never got into a game, though he would have never professed that. Additionally, after losing his job as a HC of an Indy girl's BB team, he now is an assistant to a former IU player at another Indy boys BB team.  Guy could have provided much. Yet he failed. CC could tell you more very serious things about when CC banned him.

49 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i was one of the few who actually liked GoColts88 back then.  i thought he had great points.  Craig was the most positive guy ever.  i sometimes wonder what happened to Oggy.

When I first joined the board, Colts made an concerted effort to try and push me around.   Did he really think psychological warfare was going to work on someone with 9 ex-wives?   The dude had nothing compared to a scorned and angry woman.  

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Jaybob was a friend of mine. Till the day after the Navy game and the HSN get together, in B-town,  along with Natural Hoosier, when they both stabbed Colonial Crestor and chose to leave HSN for another site. So... it surprised me, when Jaybob got in touch with me, about Choops passing.

As for Rob Albright (Colts 88). He had a volume to provide. But was very divisive. Especially when he went out of his way to attack the future mother-in-law of one of our former centers, because of her wishing well on him and the team due to religious desires.  True that Colts 88 was a member of the IUFB team. But as a kicker, he never got into a game, though he would have never professed that. Additionally, after losing his job as a HC of an Indy girl's BB team, he now is an assistant to a former IU player at another Indy boys BB team.  Guy could have provided much. Yet he failed. CC could tell you more very serious things about when CC banned him.

thanks for the info.  i find that all very interesting.  i just found myself agreeing with most things GC had to say and felt like he really knew bball.  i have coached bball for almost 30 years now and some times get annoyed when people who know very little about the game go on the attack.  at least GC was knowledgeable.  you can always see when guys just don't share the same outlooks and others who do.  on this site Rico and Scott seem together as one and 99% of the time i disagree with both of them and they right back at me, but that's okay!  Kobe used to always come at me, but seems to have chilled a little.  i think i relate with BGleas the most on this site right now.  

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

thanks for the info.  i find that all very interesting.  i just found myself agreeing with most things GC had to say and felt like he really knew bball.  i have coached bball for almost 30 years now and some times get annoyed when people who know very little about the game go on the attack.  at least GC was knowledgeable.  you can always see when guys just don't share the same outlooks and others who do.  on this site Rico and Scott seem together as one and 99% of the time i disagree with both of them and they right back at me, but that's okay!  Kobe used to always come at me, but seems to have chilled a little.  i think i relate with BGleas the most on this site right now.  

Oh yeah. That's why I say Colts could have been a valuable member.  He not only knew the game. But knew IUBB history. I reached out to him on numerous occasions to tone down his attacks on others, and just to share his knowledge. In the end. My requests failed.  And the mods at the time had a discussion as to what to do with him. And decided , unanimously , to ban him. After witch, he threatened to sue CC.

21 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don't forget Lafhoosier either.  I literally never agreed with the guy on anything but he was a good man.  

Laf and his family visited me here in Colorado one summer. He was great. So was his family.  An evening. I will never forget. And yes. He was a good man.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

When I first joined the board, Colts made an concerted effort to try and push me around.   Did he really think psychological warfare was going to work on someone with 9 ex-wives?   The dude had nothing compared to a scorned and angry woman.  

Daaaannnng, 9 ex-wives. I thought you had 5. Phew! 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Oggy, that’s a great blast from the past. He was one of my absolute favorites. Always loved debating with him, sometimes on opposite sides and others on the same side. But, just a good dude. We would PM fairly often back in the day too. 

I don’t know what he’s up to now, though I used to see him on Twitter from time to time, but I just went to look for his account and couldn’t find it. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Oggy, that’s a great blast from the past. He was one of my absolute favorites. Always loved debating with him, sometime on opposite sides and other on the same side. But, just a good dude. We would PM fairly often back in the day too. 

I don’t know what he’s up to now, though I used to see him on Twitter from time to time, but I just went to look for his account and couldn’t find it. 

i don't have much room to talk, but Oggy got drunk out of his mind often it seemed like?

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s awesome.  Best of luck.  Onward and upward.  You are one of the most insightful posters here because of your knowledge of coaching and your connections in the state.  Best wishes in your new city and job.  

Much appreciated. Go Hoosiers!!!

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I love how KL handled this whole thing btw. 

He just said yeah I'm going to be a Hoosier, let's roll. 

Yep. No live feed for announcement....no interviews with reporters who cover IU sports who have been used as stool pigeons. Just announced on a Tuesday night out of nowhere. Let's roll. 

Archived