Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Oh yeah. That's why I say Colts could have been a valuable member.  He not only knew the game. But knew IUBB history. I reached out to him on numerous occasions to tone down his attacks on others, and just to share his knowledge. In the end. My requests failed.  And the mods at the time had a discussion as to what to do with him. And decided , unanimously , to ban him. After witch, he threatened to sue CC.

Whoa...there's a tidbit I didn't know (the suing part). Always interesting to read all the memories from the posters who have been a round the block for a while with HSN. This thread is full of them! 

Let us not forget some of the comedy GovernmentCheese provided. That guy was great. Talk about ripped while posting.  So funny. 

I used to be very active on the other boards. Now I simply lurk and read for the most part. I used to be very tied to many in the Indy area, but have moved on from that job, so just try and soak it all up.  I know that Mile probably can vouch for those connections as he and I shared info for many years. 

Everyone has worth on these boards. Some for basketball knowledge, some for humility, some for morals, etc. It all has a place. Right now, my passion is listening to all the banter and fun you guys have. Be good to each other, the world needs all of you. 

Ultimately, in a short few years my girls will be grown and I will hopefully be the worlds best dad to them. Until then,  all you die hards keep posting and realize differing opinions are what makes this site great. Go Hoosiers!  

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

It was me. Some kid, I forget his username, was drunk and wanted to fight me for some reason. It was bizarre. 

...I wasn’t even in the country at the time. 

edit: I just remembered his name. KyleHornsbyRules. I think. 

Ah Kyle.  He was a loose cannon and drunk all the time.   Very inappropriate guy.   I would have lost any bet that you were involved.  You are about the most level headed person in here, so I’m not sure why he went berserk on you.  

6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

It was me. Some kid, I forget his username, was drunk and wanted to fight me for some reason. It was bizarre. 

That was probably him. I remember a thread with him drunk in another team’s fan section at some tournament. 

I didn’t find him funny.  Drunk and stupid.  He made racial comments as well, and there’s no place for that here or anywhere.  Stupid can’t be legislated against, but racial comments are ridiculous in the 21st century.  One of the best things about sports is that it can and does bring people together of any background or economic group.  You could argue nothing is as great of an equalizer as sports is.  I don’t wish him any ill will but I’m glad he’s gone from here.  This group is too good to be tainted by the likes of him.  

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Oggy, that’s a great blast from the past. He was one of my absolute favorites. Always loved debating with him, sometimes on opposite sides and others on the same side. But, just a good dude. We would PM fairly often back in the day too. 

I don’t know what he’s up to now, though I used to see him on Twitter from time to time, but I just went to look for his account and couldn’t find it. 

Oggy was a rock star and a nice guy. I certainly miss him.

25 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I know. I didn’t want to mention you by name, but yes KyleHornsbyRules had it in for you. I’ll never forget he was going to be the one wearing the Philadelphia 76ers shorts. 

Didn’t he want to meet at some parking lot on Keystone or something like that?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. No live feed for announcement....no interviews with reporters who cover IU sports who have been used as stool pigeons. Just announced on a Tuesday night out of nowhere. Let's roll. 

Reminds me of TJD last year.  One day just announced and had even signed.  No fanfare, just did it. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I miss jaybob! Man we had some laughs on the forum 2-3 migrations ago...accidentally wrote ”gaybob” late one night and I literally lol’d over it. Good ol days. Back when gocolts88 was a breath of fresh air too! Lol. Good times. 

I guess a fart would be considered a breath of fresh air in SOME circles... 😁

5 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Oggy was a rock star and a nice guy. I certainly miss him.

Incredibly sharp guy and very formidable in defending his views if you didn’t agree with him.  I believe, if I recall correctly, he was early in the negative Crean camp while others wanted to give him time to prove himself one way or another.  

Archived