Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been trying to catch up!   What  great news!!!  Wow seems like OLD TIMES in state kids WANTING to play at IU! I am as excited as the rest of you! Great to see some old  names of posters being brought up! I lurked for 10+  years and remember so many that  have been remembered and some that have passed. As some have said that Romeo made it a place that was OK to go followed by TDJ and others. We are going to finish 12-8 in the Big 10 as many have said at the start. Nice to see CAM adjust GREAT THINGS AHEAD GO IU!!

1 hour ago, beaver56 said:

Let us not forget some of the comedy GovernmentCheese provided. That guy was great. Talk about ripped while posting.  So funny. 

I used to be very active on the other boards. Now I simply lurk and read for the most part. I used to be very tied to many in the Indy area, but have moved on from that job, so just try and soak it all up.  I know that Mile probably can vouch for those connections as he and I shared info for many years. 

Everyone has worth on these boards. Some for basketball knowledge, some for humility, some for morals, etc. It all has a place. Right now, my passion is listening to all the banter and fun you guys have. Be good to each other, the world needs all of you. 

Ultimately, in a short few years my girls will be grown and I will hopefully be the worlds best dad to them. Until then,  all you die hards keep posting and realize differing opinions are what makes this site great. Go Hoosiers!  

I'll never forget GovtCheese.  If someone told me that he drank an entire 12 pack of Hopslam every game I would have believed it.  He was a riot in the game threads. 

15 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I remember growing up as a poor redneck in Hope Indiana, dreaming of owning an IU website.  I started at a small 500 watt AM radio station...

You said you were from Columbus? Most Hope people I know won't claim Columbus.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I didn’t find him funny.  Drunk and stupid.  He made racial comments as well, and there’s no place for that here or anywhere.  Stupid can’t be legislated against, but racial comments are ridiculous in the 21st century.  One of the best things about sports is that it can and does bring people together of any background or economic group.  You could argue nothing is as great of an equalizer as sports is.  I don’t wish him any ill will but I’m glad he’s gone from here.  This group is too good to be tainted by the likes of him.  

Whoa...I missed that part. I only saw the funny drunk posting in the Purdue section at the crossroads. Would agree that the racial stuff has no place here.

2 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I remember growing up as a poor redneck in Hope Indiana, dreaming of owning an IU website.  I started at a small 500 watt AM radio station...

A Hauser Jet huh? Conference rival of my alma mater.  Love the small towns. Work in Columbus, never been a fan but I prefer the small community feel so that could be why.

Really cool to read about the true brotherhood of these boards through Indiana sports! I am only in my 20s and only been on the previous site for a tiny bit and then on this one mostly! Love the conversations and banter on here and love to hear the perspective from you old guys(no offense😉) and I hope that one day some of us new posters will be able to look back like you guys and remember some of the conversations we have now! Respect to all of you guys and love the site and will continue to love the site! Go Hoosiers!!

4 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Really cool to read about the true brotherhood of these boards through Indiana sports! I am only in my 20s and only been on the previous site for a tiny bit and then on this one mostly! Love the conversations and banter on here and love to hear the perspective from you old guys(no offense😉) and I hope that one day some of us new posters will be able to look back like you guys and remember some of the conversations we have now! Respect to all of you guys and love the site and will continue to love the site! Go Hoosiers!!

I was 19 when I started posting on Scout 😂😂

HSN 2.0 was GREAT (I wore that wristband forever hahah).. the move the 247 sports was awful, but I understand why we had to make the move. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:05 AM, FKIM01 said:

What do you mean IF he sticks?!!!  No more of that talk!

I like how you think more than how I put that! :D It is more indicative of how excited I am, to immediately acknowledge the reality of the times were in. With most commits I don't exactly turn around on my first thought and think "Man I hope nobody poaches this kid" Haha I hope that doing so becomes a regular thing again though.

I had a fairly animated response to reading it too! Wish I'd recorded it for you Lol 

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Waffle....head....fred

We get together all the time at my house. For IU games. Holidays. And cookouts in the summer.

A Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine.  Has some big things going on in his life right now.  Traveled o Ukraine last summer. One reason why he hasn't been around much lately.  I will tell him you guys are still remembering him.

11 hours ago, beaver56 said:

Let us not forget some of the comedy GovernmentCheese provided. That guy was great. Talk about ripped while posting.  So funny. 

I used to be very active on the other boards. Now I simply lurk and read for the most part. I used to be very tied to many in the Indy area, but have moved on from that job, so just try and soak it all up.  I know that Mile probably can vouch for those connections as he and I shared info for many years. 

Everyone has worth on these boards. Some for basketball knowledge, some for humility, some for morals, etc. It all has a place. Right now, my passion is listening to all the banter and fun you guys have. Be good to each other, the world needs all of you. 

Ultimately, in a short few years my girls will be grown and I will hopefully be the worlds best dad to them. Until then,  all you die hards keep posting and realize differing opinions are what makes this site great. Go Hoosiers!  

Yes. I can vouch for the connections.

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Like all things in my life I am a late bloomer.  My absolute refusal to participate in anything social media related kept me from finding any iteration of HSN until 3.0. Seems like I missed alot but am liking reading  the reminiscing. Fascinating stuff. 

I started going on IU forums in the 1999-2000 time frame. Mainly the StarNews forum, which was simply a flame-fest. Participated in others (Snailpond, and one ran by a dude with IC in his screen name) which gyrated between flaming and IU talk. Got a little old...kinda dropped it all together when I moved to Chicagoland in 2004.

I'm surprised I didn't find this site before...but very happy I did find it...some really good dialogue and enjoyable debate...

55 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I started going on IU forums in the 1999-2000 time frame. Mainly the StarNews forum, which was simply a flame-fest. Participated in others (Snailpond, and one ran by a dude with IC in his screen name) which gyrated between flaming and IU talk. Got a little old...kinda dropped it all together when I moved to Chicagoland in 2004.

I'm surprised I didn't find this site before...but very happy I did find it...some really good dialogue and enjoyable debate...

I started with the late great Terry Hutchens at the Indy Star.  He would not post every day.  Just when he had IU news to report.  At that time, I had no clue there were IU forums on the internet.  So it was a daily ritual of mine to check for Hutchens. Summers were tough. But I still checked.

Archived