Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree with everything you said? Other than more misses than hits..false. 

But yeah.. for sure average. 

I’ll end with this and will speak no more about Naismith....

Haha Crean was horrible with high school coaches. Everyone thought he was a weirdo. Again, facts. 

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Insane some of you have this strong feelings against Crean still.

Khristian Lander is really good. Done feeding trolls. 

To be more clear. I am Glad Crean took the job and I will admit he has more knowledge about coaching College BBAll than I do. I supported him as the coach of my team up until I, as the CEO of Joe_hoopsier endorsed IUMBB fan club, decided he was not the final right person to take us to the next level. I and my organization (which is growing in numbers), clapped with every MADE bucket, every SUCCESSFUL recruit and every reversed accusition of manslaughter of a fellow team mate. I liked the high scoring offense, 2 out of 5 games. I was not a fan of the 3rd grade defense, 7 out of 6 games. I loved him help some guy change a tire. I cringed with many of his personal tendencies (those little things that mean nothing and you can't point your finger at anything specific, but make you say....hmmmm WTF was that).

He was/ weird. I still have a lot of respect for him and always will. He's a good man in my world, just a little...... wierd.    

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A question I should know the answer to but does anyone know if there is a deadline to reclassify?

Still Hearing more people thinking he will be here next year than think he is going to be a 21. Anyone closer to the situation with better info?

It seemed to me that Kira Lewis reclassified pretty late to go to Alabama. I couldn’t find an exact date, but his commitment date was listed as August and I think he announced where he was attending and that he was reclassifying at the same time. 

42 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Thought it was Tabor also, completely forgetting about Kipp Schutz, who played 6 games in 08-09.  

Screenshot_20200301-072205.png

Oh yeah. Forgot about kipp. Great baseball player. We went to high school together. Although he was younger than me. 

4 hours ago, IUskim said:

Oh yeah. Forgot about kipp. Great baseball player. We went to high school together. Although he was younger than me. 

You went to Ev. Harrison? My 2 kids graduated from there and my son played baseball with Kipp. And my daughters son take baseball lessons from Kipp every week! 

Small world....

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You went to Ev. Harrison? My 2 kids graduated from there and my son played baseball with Kipp. And my daughters son take baseball lessons from Kipp every week! 

Small world....

I did indeed. Graduated in 2004. 

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A question I should know the answer to but does anyone know if there is a deadline to reclassify?

Still Hearing more people thinking he will be here next year than think he is going to be a 21. Anyone closer to the situation with better info?

Good questions. I’d wondered when he has to decide if he will reclassify. 
Another possibly related question is what news did he hear that made him decide to commit when he did?

14 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Good questions. I’d wondered when he has to decide if he will reclassify. 
Another possibly related question is what news did he hear that made him decide to commit when he did?

I'm thinking the "news" was the fact that TJD would definitely be returning. Perhaps he heard it straight from TJD. 

19 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's a process.  Even though he is close in terms of classes at his high school to graduation. Not only does he have to complete them. But as we ( IU ) and other schools have experienced in the past.... the NCAA has it's own terms in what qualifies as to what it takes to qualify.

No finer example than De'Ron Davis. Overland High School is part of the Cherry Creek school district, where I live.  THE premiere school district in the state. De'Ron got his high school diploma. Only to find out that he still needed to complete classes in order to be cleared by the NCAA before being allowed to enter IU.  Therefore his entrance to IU was delayed, until he completed the classes that the NCAA said were required.

2 hours ago, RJPaisley said:

I'm thinking the "news" was the fact that TJD would definitely be returning. Perhaps he heard it straight from TJD. 

Maybe the Kaufman silent verbal has truth to it? 

Trayce already came out publicly and said he was returning. 

On 3/1/2020 at 9:07 AM, Billingsley99 said:

His mother and his coach said they’ll know in the next couple of weeks.  Looking very likely he will be in Btown next year unless there is something everyone in his circle is missing

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

His mother and his coach said they’ll know in the next couple of weeks.  Looking very likely he will be in Btown next year unless there is something everyone in his circle is missing

I would think he would because if he did not plan on reclassifying why commit so early.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would think he would because if he did not plan on reclassifying why commit so early.

Some kids just want to get it over with so they can focus on school and their high school season..  Lander is not the only 2021 kid who committed.  No one is talking about Caleb Furst or Pierce Thomas reclassifying.  

33 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

The feeling I get as well. Was the good news he received that he would be eligible to reclassify if he wanted?

Ps. Getting impatient on this upcoming Furst intel

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The feeling I get as well. Was the good news he received that he would be eligible to reclassify if he wanted?

Ps. Getting impatient on this upcoming Furst intel

Furst committed to Purdue on Monday. That intel?

Archived