Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Wait.…  What???

The Furst commit to Peeeyuuu might not happen?

I think it's pretty solid.  There was an allegation of some questionable behavior by the staff during the process.  Maybe they threatened to deport his mom?

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Wait.…  What???

The Furst commit to Peeeyuuu might not happen?

Why would you think that? I don't think there's any reason to doubt his commitment. I was just wondering what kind of info the other poster could be waiting for as Furst becomes a "committed elsewhere, don't care" recruit. Unless the other poster somehow missed the Purdue commitment.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Why would you think that? I don't think there's any reason to doubt his commitment. I was just wondering what kind of info the other poster could be waiting for as Furst becomes a "committed elsewhere, don't care" recruit. Unless the other poster somehow missed the Purdue commitment.

Perhaps I was reading more in to it than there is.....

2 hours ago, china423 said:

Had 30 points in the first 3 quarters.

Doesn't add up. 14 field goals including 6 threes is 34 points. So one of those stats is wrong. Probably points or total girls goals made.

Regardless, sounds like he had a great game.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Doesn't add up. 14 field goals including 6 threes is 34 points. So one of those stats is wrong. Probably points or total girls goals made.

Regardless, sounds like he had a great game.

Have not seen a box score, but china is right about Kristian having 30 points after 3 quarters…..

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Have not seen a box score, but china is right about Kristian having 30 points after 3 quarters…..

I don't doubt that but it seems Kyle Sokeland either counted or did his math wrong. It might be 34 points instead of 32. Or he may have made "only" 13 field goals out of 15 or 16.

I'm picking nits (with the original guy that posted them, not china) because inaccuracies like that bother me. Either way, it's still a great game by Lander and I hope we don't have to wait until 2021 to see him play for IU.

12 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I don't doubt that but it seems Kyle Sokeland either counted or did his math wrong. It might be 34 points instead of 32. Or he may have made "only" 13 field goals out of 15 or 16.

I'm picking nits (with the original guy that posted them, not china) because inaccuracies like that bother me. Either way, it's still a great game by Lander and I hope we don't have to wait until 2021 to see him play for IU.

So 32 on 12 of 14.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/03/06/big-performance-khristian-lander-puts-reitz-sectional-championship/4905372002/

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Taking nothing away from other guys who've played for the Hoosiers, but Lander will be IUs best guard since Isaiah Thomas.

Wow that is high praise...we’ve had some good guards over the years. I think he has a lot of Ja Morant in him. I watched him at Murray St both years. As his freshman year game along he got better and better...then that jump from freshman to sophomore was impressive.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Wow that is high praise...we’ve had some good guards over the years. I think he has a lot of Ja Morant in him. I watched him at Murray St both years. As his freshman year game along he got better and better...then that jump from freshman to sophomore was impressive.

I know that’s high expectations, but he just seems to have a rare combination of skills and athleticism 

Archived