Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Taking nothing away from other guys who've played for the Hoosiers, but Lander will be IUs best guard since Isaiah Thomas.

Maybe our best point guard since Thomas, but not our best guard. And even point guard... Having a better college career than Yogi would be impressive. 

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Taking nothing away from other guys who've played for the Hoosiers, but Lander will be IUs best guard since Isaiah Thomas.

How soon people forget Yogi , 

edit - not to mention Guyton, Bailey, Gordon, Victor O ( though he might be more of a 3) and Alford. 

All of which were dang good guards.

8 hours ago, H00sier said:

How soon people forget Yogi , 

edit - not to mention Guyton, Bailey, Gordon, Victor O ( though he might be more of a 3) and Alford. 

All of which were dang good guards.

No I was thinking of Yogi and was thinking of point guards specifically. Love Yogi. One of my favorite Hoosiers. But Lander appears to have a level of athleticism that IU hasn’t had at that position since IT, but may be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No I was thinking of Yogi and was thinking of point guards specifically. Love Yogi. One of my favorite Hoosiers. But Lander appears to have a level of athleticism that IU hasn’t had at that position since IT, but may be wrong. 

Either way, we can agree he should bring Elite guard game. Count me in the very thankful camp

Lander, ranked as the top point guard in the Class of 2021, picked up his second foul early in the first quarter. He didn't see the floor until after halftime.

The other reason Reitz is the sectional champion? Lander. The Indiana commit watched his team from the bench for nearly the entire first half. But Adams said he remained engaged with the game and was a key voice in the locker room.

First play of the second half, the "special" player was back and firing. Lander made a trey from the left wing and finished with a solid second half. But it was his fourth quarter that played big in the win.

Lander had 10 of his 16 points over the final eight minutes, going a perfect 7 of 7 from the line. When Castle cut the lead to three late, there was Lander stepping up to make a pair with 1:33 left.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/03/07/reitz-basketball-wins-first-class-4-a-sectional-championship-since-2015/4905385002/

There are some people who build credibility because they steer you in the right direction, like a number of posters here.  Baumgart is one of those guys.  He’s been very clear that Lander could reclassify far before he committed here.  I’m pretty sure I quoted him on this here, months ago. He’s proven to be trustworthy.  

This kid is special.  His handles are great.  He's ready to deliver a pass to an open teammate any where at any time (even more than half the court away).  No one on the defense can sleep at any time when he's on the court.  He can stop his dribble on a dime.  And those who have said that he is very athletic are correct.

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

This kid is special.  His handles are great.  He's ready to deliver a pass to an open teammate any where at any time (even more than half the court away).  No one on the defense can sleep at any time when he's on the court.  He can stop his dribble on a dime.  And those who have said that he is very athletic are correct.

I think as a whole, the 2020 class will give us a big boost in athleticism.  Everyone of these guys can put the ball on the floor and dunk on your head...  and shoot well enough to keep a defense honest

2 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I think as a whole, the 2020 class will give us a big boost in athleticism.  Everyone of these guys can put the ball on the floor and dunk on your head...  and shoot well enough to keep a defense honest

Plus. It seems at least to me. They have a high BB IQ. 

3 hours ago, slojoe said:

Indeed. I’ve said it numerous times in this thread. He has a lot of Ja Morant in his game. Can’t keep him in front of you...his vision and passing is elite...and he has excellent athleticism...his strength will be a focus but I expect him to play a big role in our backcourt next year.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Indeed. I’ve said it numerous times in this thread. He has a lot of Ja Morant in his game. Can’t keep him in front of you...his vision and passing is elite...and he has excellent athleticism...his strength will be a focus but I expect him to play a big role in our backcourt next year.

Unfortunately never had a chance to see him other than videos.  I was excited with his commit but This comparison has me thrilled 😁.  Hope he is here in June 

3 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Unfortunately never had a chance to see him other than videos.  I was excited with his commit but This comparison has me thrilled 😁.  Hope he is here in June 

My wife went to Murray St and we just moved to Florida from Western Kentucky. Watched many of his games including several in person. He was pretty raw coming out of HS but he had plenty of confidence in himself. He had a lot of upper class man around him so he really differed his freshman year but his sophomore year...wow! I’m not going to say Lander will step in as a reclass freshman and go all B1G but he will show flashes and help move the ball on offense. But I do think a second year leap will be something very interesting to watch.

Hey people.  Remember when De'Ron Davis had to stay back in Colorado after graduating from high school, in order to take classes to qualify for entrance into IU ?

Well.... now I am being told that Lander is taking classes, so that he can move up in class and come to IU a year earlier !  

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hey people.  Remember when De'Ron Davis had to stay back in Colorado after graduating from high school, in order to take classes to qualify for entrance into IU ?

Well.... now I am being told that Lander is taking classes, so that he can move up in class and come to IU a year earlier !  

I still can’t believe people pay for this info when it is free right here.  

1 minute ago, BDB said:

I still can’t believe people pay for this info when it is free right here.  

You know. I was going to start a thread about this earlier today.  It does cost money to keep this site running. Not as much as before, thanks to Hoosier Faithful.    Yet we have several guys who pay to keep HSN running. Though they never express  any knowledge that they are the ones who keep it running. Nor do they ask for any help in keeping HSN running. I do want to express my thanks for them for doing that, and keeping this site free of charge.

Thanks BDB for bringing this up.

Archived