Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

I'm willing to bet KL is taking the regular classes during the day at Reitz... then at night he will do online classes such as Government and Econ. Assuming he has done what he needed to do the first 2.5 years of his HS career, graduating early really isn't that difficult. 

Senior English (can be a lot of different things)... Government and Econ would be in his SR year. I would say he has has his electives done. He doesn't need anything higher than Alg 2 to graduate to get into IU, I'm sure he has that done, as well. He also doesn't need 4 years of a foreign language. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You know. I was going to start a thread about this earlier today.  It does cost money to keep this site running. Not as much as before, thanks to Hoosier Faithful.    Yet we have several guys who pay to keep HSN running. Though they never express  any knowledge that they are the ones who keep it running. Nor do they ask for any help in keeping HSN running. I do want to express my thanks for them for doing that, and keeping this site free of charge.

Thanks BDB for bringing this up.

I would like to offer some money. 

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would like to offer some money. 

Was not my intent to ask for money.  Just wanted people to know, there is a cost to keeping this site up and running. And while other sites place ads, and some even charge. That is not the case here.  I no longer contribute. But when HSN 3.0, first started I contributed close to $1,000, on a monthly basis.  Having said all of that, I am sure any contribution would be appreciated.  PM Hoosier Faithful if you want to contribute.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lander just tweeted about his post. Basically said he's trying if he can but it seemed like a slow your roll type of tweet. Mentioned coronavirus.

Understandable....schools have everything up in the air right now. Can he finish his courses on time.

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Understandable....schools have everything up in the air right now. Can he finish his courses on time.

If he had two courses (outside of his junior year) that he had to take, and was planning on being at IU in June then my guess he is taking those two classes online (Indiana Online Academy maybe?) and the school closings would likely have little impact on that.  That's a guess.

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

You dont think it will be an issue or one that can be overcome??? 🤔

Personally, I think it will be an issue and difficult to overcome.  But I can't say with any certainty that I understand how it all works either these days.  

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Personally, I think it will be an issue and difficult to overcome.  But I can't say with any certainty that I understand how it all works either these days.  

Nah.  There are two layers here.  One is his high school.  And schools all across the state are adjusting.  Kids are still getting coursework done and graduation will happen even if there isn't a ceremony.  I have zero worries or concerns on that side of things.  The second layer are the "senior" courses he needs to take.  I have some idea of what he still needs and as a high school teacher I can tell you that it's pretty easy for students to find online education options to earn credits.  And since those classes are all online I can't imagine he'd have any issues.  That's a generic answer since I don't know specifically what he needs and something could always go wrong, but I'm guessing he'll be fine.

I don't quite understand the uncertainty. Seems as though he's either taking the classes or he's not. I would assume no classes have been cancelled, but either they have or they haven't, seems like he would know by now. I would assume there's no ambiguity as to what the requirements are or whether a given class fulfills them: that part seems straight forward.

I wonder if he's just saying he's taking a lot of tough classes and he needs to pass, so he's using cautious language. 

3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Nah.  There are two layers here.  One is his high school.  And schools all across the state are adjusting.  Kids are still getting coursework done and graduation will happen even if there isn't a ceremony.  I have zero worries or concerns on that side of things.  The second layer are the "senior" courses he needs to take.  I have some idea of what he still needs and as a high school teacher I can tell you that it's pretty easy for students to find online education options to earn credits.  And since those classes are all online I can't imagine he'd have any issues.  That's a generic answer since I don't know specifically what he needs and something could always go wrong, but I'm guessing he'll be fine.

TY...And is it possible for Lander to "test out" of those courses?

4 minutes ago, rico said:

TY...And is it possible for Lander to "test out" of those courses?

That I don't know.  I've not had any of my students discuss that as an option with me before and I don't have any personal experiences with that.  My hunch would be no (again, I don't know specifically what he needs), but maybe one of our other teachers on this board might know more on that one.

Archived