Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Me thinks we need a Teacher thread????  😱

Not a bad idea....I’m a HS teacher depending on E-Learning from my students....most of whom choose not to do them. In reality, they have to, because these E-Learnings are all we MAY have to document our students progress the rest of the semester. Students need to really take E-Learning seriously. Sorry folks, had to get off my soap box. Go IU!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Seems relevant in re: Lander.

I believe this all but seals the deal for Lander coming next year. The word around town here is he is a straight A student as it is so. Although I am curious if he didn’t come next year is if we would have to worry about the G-league coming into play.....

On 4/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, IUskim said:

I believe this all but seals the deal for Lander coming next year. The word around town here is he is a straight A student as it is so. Although I am curious if he didn’t come next year is if we would have to worry about the G-league coming into play.....

I hope we get a season next year, there have been some things I have read that kead me to believe that they are going to be really careful about opening up sporting events again. 

We really could have a fun team next year if they ever get the chance to play.

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I hear ya!

Reading the corona virus thread, heck there may not be any sports for the next 3-4 years if they can't get a vaccine and this thing hibernated during the summer!!

I think there will be a season, as long as university's accept that the games will be played without fans.  

2 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I think there will be a season, as long as university's accept that the games will be played without fans.  

With the amount of TV money at stake, I find it hard to believe that any sports franchise (pro) or major university would have an issue of playing without fans, at least for football and basketball.  It gets trickier for non-revenue sports, but I can't see conferences/universities turning away from the revenue generated by broadcast rights.

33 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I hear ya!

Reading the corona virus thread, heck there may not be any sports for the next 3-4 years if they can't get a vaccine and this thing hibernated during the summer!!

JMO, that's overly bearish.  Serious stuff, yes, but motivation and innovation will solve this long before then.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

With the amount of TV money at stake, I find it hard to believe that any sports franchise (pro) or major university would have an issue of playing without fans, at least for football and basketball.  It gets trickier for non-revenue sports, but I can't see conferences/universities turning away from the revenue generated by broadcast rights.

It will be hard for college football or basketball to play and kids can't be back on campus...I think both get pushed back

1 hour ago, JcityHoosier said:

It will be hard for college football or basketball to play and kids can't be back on campus...I think both get pushed back

The University of Washington Covid projections are estimating that deaths in the U.S. will fall to a negligible level by Mid May.  And, while they have adjusted their projections many times, they usually seem to project less with each update.  I find it hard to believe that universities will not allow students on campus in the fall if that's the case.  I could see the football season be delayed for 3-4 weeks because the players need the extra prep time that they have lost.  But, if the SEC schools decide to play, and they likely will, that will put a lot of pressure on the other major conferences to follow suit.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

JMO, that's overly bearish.  Serious stuff, yes, but motivation and innovation will solve this long before then.

+1

There are currently almost 700 clinical trials submitted for COVID 19  (and more every day). Some of these are to stop viral reproduction others to treat symptoms like ARDS. Obviously, not all of them will be successful, but many of them will.

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The University of Washington Covid projections are estimating that deaths in the U.S. will fall to a negligible level by Mid May.  And, while they have adjusted their projections many times, they usually seem to project less with each update.  I find it hard to believe that universities will not allow students on campus in the fall if that's the case.  I could see the football season be delayed for 3-4 weeks because the players need the extra prep time that they have lost.  But, if the SEC schools decide to play, and they likely will, that will put a lot of pressure on the other major conferences to follow suit.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Are those projections for if the lockdown continues or if places start opening up again and the population start interacting with each other again?

19 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Are those projections for if the lockdown continues or if places start opening up again and the population start interacting with each other again?

This is Landers' thread but there's a healthy discussion on the subject in the animal house.  I need to go back over there and inject some optimism from the overly pessimistic comments I'm seeing here.  Sunlight kills this virus...whether or not social distancing stays in place (I don't think it will), a hot summer is going to knock down the numbers considerably...just my opinion.

Again...animal house for that subject, this thread for welcoming Khristian Lander (in June...?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived