Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Big time add here for this upcoming season.  Also, for those that love rankings, this gives IU a top 15 recruiting class for this upcoming season. 

We have also had a top 6 class in the conference the last 3 years. Only team to do that.  That’s going by composite.  Our recruits tend to do better in 247 rankings. I’d bet it would be top 5 in conference by 247 rankings. 

Most important recruit now is TJD to come back a junior year. 

10 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

We now have the number 2 class in the Big Ten just barely behind Michigan. 

Not quite sure how a class of #40, #80, #92, and #367 is better than a class of #17, #93, #133, and #134 — they must be taking Michigan’s transfers into account.

Doesn’t really matter either way.  Pumped to see Lander on the court next year, should be a pretty significant boost to our guard play.

I know you're considered smart and rational if you try to downplay Lander's impact for next year by comparing him to DJ Carton and claiming he will get 16 to 18 minutes per game off the bench. I strongly disagree with that take. I don't think Lander is coming in a year early to come off the bench and I don't remember the last top 30 recruit at IU which came off the bench. I like Al and Rob - but they've been (some would say at best) average big ten guards. Lander is on an entirely different level. I've got Lander playing 25 minutes a game and starting.

5 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

I know you're considered smart and rational if you try to downplay Lander's impact for next year by comparing him to DJ Carton and claiming he will get 16 to 18 minutes per game off the bench. I strongly disagree with that take. I don't think Lander is coming in a year early to come off the bench and I don't remember the last top 30 recruit at IU which came off the bench. I like Al and Rob - but they've been (some would say at best) average big ten guards. Lander is on an entirely different level. I've got Lander playing 25 minutes a game and starting.

I agree 100%

5 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

This is where I'm at. I think Rob has shown signs of being really good just needs to stay healthy. I like Al. Quality kid but we've watched him and I like what he can do for his 14 minutes per game off the bench....but Lander didn't reclass to sit. I expect him to hit the ground running right away. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is where I'm at. I think Rob has shown signs of being really good just needs to stay healthy. I like Al. Quality kid but we've watched him and I like what he can do for his 14 minutes per game off the bench....but Lander didn't reclass to sit. I expect him to hit the ground running right away. 

It will be interesting to see if Lander starts and how much he plays. I’m guessing he won’t start from day one, but I think he will by the middle of the season. Let’s not forget that the kid should only be a HS Senior next year. His development and getting stronger in the weight room will also be effected by when the players are allowed on campus for summer workouts. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I honestly like what Franklin brings to the table. If he gets some confidence,  I like him with Lander as both really push the ball.  And its definitely an upgrade in athleticism 

20 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

He’s for sure going to be starting if not beginning of the season by the end. 

20 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

Yep.  Gonna be similar to what happened with TJD.  People spent the whole offseason saying he wasn’t going to be able to take minutes from Brunk, DeRon, and Smith... And then he was immediately the best player on the team from the very first game, lol.  Lander is our best guard right now.

7 minutes ago, btroesch14 said:

It will be interesting to see if Lander starts and how much he plays. I’m guessing he won’t start from day one, but I think he will by the middle of the season. Let’s not forget that the kid should only be a HS Senior next year. His development and getting stronger in the weight room will also be effected by when the players are allowed on campus for summer workouts. 

In terms of age....Thomas Bryant I believe was 17 his freshman season. Age can make a difference off the court but Lander seems extremely grounded by his parents, has a 3.8 GPA...I don't think we have much to worry (famous last words). Now he and our trainers can work with him over next 120 days to start the process of building up the strength. 

I love our depth and our players we have coming back and in....but to me Lander is our best PG option today. 

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Love what Coach said.  This kid is going to open so many things up.  Going to be interesting if two true playmakers are on the floor with him and Rob.  Wonder what the vision is there.

The pick and roll with Trayce can be something special.

Smith running the from the wing.....this team has the ability to push the ball in a flash.  

33 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Love what Coach said.  This kid is going to open so many things up.  Going to be interesting if two true playmakers are on the floor with him and Rob.  Wonder what the vision is there.

The pick and roll with Trayce can be something special.

Smith running the from the wing.....this team has the ability to push the ball in a flash.  

Hurryin Hoosiers again? Ahh that would be nice. 

This kid has serious game, a lot to expect of a young kid, will try to temper that in my mind, but this kid will bring a lot to our floor vision and sets, whether that's in year 1 or 2, and I like the potential of two floor-seeing guards on the floor

To ALL IU mens basketball players not named Lander, Jackson-Davis or Brunk:  you best get to working on your outside shot because you will be getting a lot of open looks.  If you can not make said open looks you might find yourself sitting on the sidelines with a metaphoracle foot in your *.  

P.S.  keep playing tough as nails defense too.  Can't forget about that or else see above ☝️.

Archived