Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Based on what is here and what is in the hopper, I can't imagine IU has room for him, especially if he has to sit a year.  I think Archie would be very much against shoving out someone who chose IU for someone who made a decision they now regret.  I don't fault the kid, but I do fault a coach I feel was dishonest and a parent that fell for it and pushed the kid hard in that direction.  Personally, I'd wish him well and move on.

Well Archie won't have to push anyone out because I think it's safe to assume that Damezi is going to transfer after this season. Opens up another scholarship. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Got a kick out of this:

4barrel said... (original post)What brand does Indiana wear and how much did Nike help Indiana?

Ummm . . . IU is an Adidas school.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IU "Basketball" has never supported NIKE. All I have even known IU Baskeball using was, Converse, Adidas and those Coach Knight "Starter" v-neck pullovers.

IU Football wore NIKE when Cam Cameron was coaching.  

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Well Archie won't have to push anyone out because I think it's safe to assume that Damezi is going to transfer after this season. Opens up another scholarship. 

Why is it even remotely safe to assume that? Because he hasn’t played a ton of minutes lately? Believe it or not, it’s possible Damezi wants to stay here and be a stud his JR and SR years. I, for one, hope he does. Everyone said the same stuff last year about Green/Smith and here we are.

23 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

This has always been my take as well.  I refuse to believe our fanbase is a negative for recruiting.  

I have talked to too many people involved to believe it either. Most of the inner circle people that help the kids make this decision understand its passion and a want for Dominance again. But it does make for a nice scapegoat 

6 minutes ago, madmax said:

Why is it even remotely safe to assume that? Because he hasn’t played a ton of minutes lately? Believe it or not, it’s possible Damezi wants to stay here and be a stud his JR and SR years. I, for one, hope he does. Everyone said the same stuff last year about Green/Smith and here we are.

Very likely he’s transferring. There won’t be enough minutes available for him next year with plus there will be even more competition.

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

It wasnt meant to be out of spite.  If you remember from his recruitment his priorities were the league and money. Just want IU first guys, future goals will come in time. I dont care if one and done or here for 4 yrs. To me its IU first the rest later.  After all they are committing to playing for and representing a university.  Now, if his experience at UK taught him some humility and his attitude changed then I will have a different opinion. 

I remember the league part, which I cannot begrudge any of these guys for their pursuit of. What do you mean by “money?”

33 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Sounds like if he’s 18 at the end of next season, which appears to be the case, he won’t be able to leave unless the one and done rule changes in the interim.

“Article X dictated that in order for an American player to be draft eligible, he must be at least 19 years old and at least one NBA season must have elapsed since when he graduated from high school or, if he didn't graduate, when he would have graduated.”

Interesting. So don't have to be here two years, but KL will have to. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not to go against the grain of any Intel but Kaufmans mom just posted an article about Trey getting looks from Kentucky.  Imo i would be shocked if he went that way.  Would love for it to end sooner than later.  

I don't ask her anything out of respect.

I saw highlights of Kaufman vs Furst at Southport. Not that impressed with Kaufman, lacks ability to defend and seems clumsy as well. He's definitely a raw talent with a lot of ceiling, but Furst is by far the better player. Although, looks like Izzo and Fife are going to land Furst. 

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I saw highlights of Kaufman vs Furst at Southport. Not that impressed with Kaufman, lacks ability to defend and seems clumsy as well. He's definitely a raw talent with a lot of ceiling, but Furst is by far the better player. Although, looks like Izzo and Fife are going to land Furst. 

Oh wow... this umm... interesting take. wow 

Go watch the twitter video of Kaufman handling TJD and Brunk from September. 

15 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IU "Basketball" has never supported NIKE. All I have even known IU Baskeball using was, Converse, Adidas and those Coach Knight "Starter" v-neck pullovers.

IU Football wore NIKE when Cam Cameron was coaching.  

They did for a few years when Mike Davis was the coach

23 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Kaufman is the real deal. Will play from day 1 as would Furst.  I prefer Kaufmans game but would love to have either or both. I also think we get Kaufman and MSU Furst

22 minutes ago, madmax said:

Watch his body language during the games on the bench. With the guys we have returning and coming in, he knows his window is closing for playing time. He's just not fit for IU. 

Archived