Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And I watched an IU vs OSU game one time where Matt Roth looked like an All-American.  

You simply cannot base someone 's skill off a single game.  If you want to assume that game indicates who is better, then Kooper Jacobi would be considered better than both of them. 

I see Kaufman all the time.  There are things Furst does better.  There are things Kaufman does better.  They both will be high level college players.

I will also disagree with your 'lacked the ability to defend' comment.  That's simply not an accurate observation.

Okay maybe I didn’t word it right. He might be a good defender, I’m basing my statement off that one game. He did not look good defensively guarding Furst. Once again Kaufman is a very good player and he will be very good in college. However in that one game he looked out of position playing post defense and Furst had no issues scoring against him. That’s all. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the highlights from Reitz game vs. Christian Brothers (MO) with Caleb Love #18th ranked player in the 2020 class. CB was way up early, Reitz came storming back. Late in the game Reitz was intentionally fouling to stop the clock, Love sort of swung at one of the Reitz players and Lander told him about it and they "got into it". I really liked seeing Khristian stand up for his teammate there. He doesn't do a lot of show boating (little emotion after a big play), but he wasn't going to let his teammate be walked on. Very Romeo-esque in his demeanor. 

5 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Okay maybe I didn’t word it right. He might be a good defender, I’m basing my statement off that one game. He did not look good defensively guarding Furst. Once again Kaufman is a very good player and he will be very good in college. However in that one game he looked out of position playing post defense and Furst had no issues scoring against him. That’s all. 

Furst has no issues scoring against anyone in the state.  It's okay to say Furst is a very good player without minimizing how good Kaufman is.  

16 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

He would be eligible. You must turn 19 during the calendar year of the draft year.

Ahhh, that changes things.  I looked around for the exact text of “Article X” for a little while, but couldn’t find anything.

Either way, I think he’s here for 2 years regardless.

14 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Bingo! Kaufman is not a true post player. He plays more face up than Furst and range is alot deeper than Furst. Plus, from what I've seen, he is more athletic than Furst. I like them both but not to play the same position.

32 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Okay. I mean, are there quotes or are we just assuming?

If the kid made a mistake and wants to come aboard and we happen to have space, it’s the right thing to do to forgive him the transgression. He can work his way to league here and be a part of a really good Indiana team. The two aren’t exclusive of one another.

Sorry to hijack, btw. 

He talked about it in his interview when he made his announcement.

Have no problem with a kid dreaming of and working for the NBA so long as its team first me second. Have no problem forgiving someone for making a mistake. 

For those commenting about Snow saying Kauffman and Lander don't want to play together, that isn't true. 

He stated that Lander and Kauffman have had a lot of chances to be teammates and just never have. 

Could be something, could be nothing but that is what is being referred to in this thread.

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

SIAP, but this is the height of comedy. Slick Rick was turning down kids who were asking for money? Who knew?

5B278A5E-D152-4D3A-A3C1-19AE1F1B0348.png

It's a problem with those fans down there. Lived 12 years with them....they are all like that. UK/UL doesn't matter....never heard the bible verse about pointing out a mite in their brothers eye all the while with a beam in their eye. lol They love to rag on UNC and Kansas or each other lol but ignore their own transgressions. I guess since it is so common down there they just assume everyone else is doing it too.

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I saw highlights of Kaufman vs Furst at Southport. Not that impressed with Kaufman, lacks ability to defend and seems clumsy as well. He's definitely a raw talent with a lot of ceiling, but Furst is by far the better player. Although, looks like Izzo and Fife are going to land Furst. 

Sure!! That is why UK is watching Kaufman....they decided they don't want NBA talent anymore...want to try a new approach! Give me a friggin break. I can see people want  Furst more...having him rated higher...that's all and well because Furst is a legit stud..and I hate thinking of him playing at MSU and giving us problems for years to come but Kaufman is an elite talent in his own right. I'd say probably as close to Jared Jefferies as we have had in a while would be my comp. and maybe a better shooter.

12 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

For those commenting about Snow saying Kauffman and Lander don't want to play together, that isn't true. 

He stated that Lander and Kauffman have had a lot of chances to be teammates and just never have. 

Could be something, could be nothing but that is what is being referred to in this thread.

What does "have had a lot of chances" mean? 

No they havent. 

16 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

You joined our site back in 2018, and you just made your first post today ?  Well, good for you.  And I will just pass along the advice given to me after my first post on John Decker's Hoosier Nation, on the old Scout platform over ten years ago..... keep on posting !

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What does "have had a lot of chances" mean? 

No they havent. 

Apparently they were at an open gym one time...and Lander didn't pick Trey to be on his team...

Seriousness....this stuff is crazy how the BS get's spread on the internet. One kid is playing up a level in AAU and the other wasn't....how hard is that to figure out.

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We did this last season with TJD... Remember when he was going to coming off the bench behind Smith, Brunk, and Davis?  Lol.

Our returning guards are just not very good.  Lander will be getting meaningful minutes from day one.

I miss read you.  Thought you said he would get 35 mins.  

Yes he will absolutely play nice minutes.  

I was definitely in the are you serious, of course TJD is going to play plenty.  

Archived