Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for anyone that may have some inside info... I saw an interview with Lander and he said "a littlesomething happened last night so I felt like I needed to go ahead and commit."

Any idea what he was referring to as the "little something"? Sorry if I already missed that discussion.

And got to give credit to @The Daily Hoosier for linking the video on his site.

8 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Question for anyone that may have some inside info... I saw an interview with Lander and he said "a littlesomething happened last night so I felt like I needed to go ahead and commit."

Any idea what he was referring to as the "little something"? Sorry if I already missed that discussion.

No inside info, sorry.  But I have to believe he got some good news on the reclassification front.

25 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

No inside info, sorry.  But I have to believe he got some good news on the reclassification front.

I don't understand how reclassification works, but what could that news have possibly been? Either he has taken/is taking enough credits to graduate or he isn't, what news could change that mid-semester?

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't understand how reclassification works, but what could that news have possibly been? Either he has taken/is taking enough credits to graduate or he isn't, what news could change that mid-semester?

I would say maybe he had heard about others might be committing so he wanted to get ahead of them and commit before others did.

32 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Not to pour cold water on your post.  But I have gotten from a respected source.  Not to expect a reclassification.  And a promise from that source, an update, if that were to change.

25 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not to pour cold water on your post.  But I have gotten from a respected source.  Not to expect a reclassification.  And a promise from that source, an update, if that were to change.

Welp, back to the recruiting trail because our guards aren't going to cut it if we want to be a top 3 conference team next year and not squander TJD's likely last year.  

Time to bump the transfer portal and juco watch threads.  

If I go through another off season parroting the idea that Archie must add start now B1G ready guards and he fails to deliver and we stumble into 6th place next year.  Don't be mad when I say his lack of roster management cost him his job.  

27 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Welp, back to the recruiting trail because our guards aren't going to cut it if we want to be a top 3 conference team next year and not squander TJD's likely last year.  

If I go through another off season parroting the idea that Archie must add start now B1G ready guards and he fails to deliver and we stumble into 6th place next year.  Don't be mad when I say his lack of roster management cost him his job.  

Don't be surprised if Trey Kaufman is the next commit to IU. Coming from my source. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Sooner rather than later I presume.  Duncomb could pop before the summer as well

Exactly. I’m curious to see how the class shakes out, but definitely seems like Lander, Kaufman, and Duncomb. Curious to see how the Wesley recruitment shakes out, but wouldn’t mind seeing him at IU with his scoring ability. 

Was listening to JMV during lunch and they had RabJohn's on and he was talking about roster makeup.  He said from talking to different coaches he is thinks a lot of coaches will go the route of only having 11 maybe 12 scholarship players instead of the full 13.  He just thinks coaches don't play that many to begin with so why have to many on the orster because they will transfer anyways.  Also with this new transfer rule the coaches will want to be able to keep a spot open if there is a transfer they want.

24 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Exactly. I’m curious to see how the class shakes out, but definitely seems like Lander, Kaufman, and Duncomb. Curious to see how the Wesley recruitment shakes out, but wouldn’t mind seeing him at IU with his scoring ability. 

I have wanted Wesley for a long time. Any 3 of those 4 or Goode will be a great class.

36 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So if you look at the top grads transfers from 2019 who would you have taken?

A lot of the guards on the list aren't exactly burning it up this year...

Take Lamar Kimble (Louisville) averaging 5 pts per on overall 38% shooting and 30% from 3 pt range.

Christian Keeling (UNC) is averaging 6 pts per on 44% overall and 30% 3 pt shooting

Chris Clarke (Texas Tech) 6 pts per on 45% overall and 16% from 3

Even Purdue's plum from the grad ranks, Jahaad Proctor, is only shooting 30% from 3.

I guess my point is good shooters don't grow on trees. And Lord knows what their defense looks like. I'm not saying for Archie not to try, but I trust him to evaluate talent and offer as he sees fit.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would say maybe he had heard about others might be committing so he wanted to get ahead of them and commit before others did.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Even if was something to do with reclassifying, why does that mean he needs to commit immediately?

3 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

Here's the video you speak of on YouTube...

Loved this part...

When asked what he brings to IU...

"A true point guard who plays both ends of the floor and can lead a team."

Archived