Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Seems like a lot of conflicting info out there on him. I know Purdue still feels really good about their chances and Xavier does too. Would love to land him. 

Sharing with you what my source told me. And of course we are dealing with young men, subject to change. However, my source is telling me that Purdue came on early. That is true.  But that, IU has made a recent push that has impressed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Don't be surprised if Trey Kaufman is the next commit to IU. Coming from my source. 

1. That would be great

2. He's a solid 2021 commit, no chance of reclass.

3.  That's news to his mother as I noted the other day, since I grew up with her about a half mile down the road.

4. He may be our next commit but it sounds like he's focused on the tourney and looking towards the summer for decision. 

5. Oh.  And he's not a guard. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So if you look at the top grads transfers from 2019 who would you have taken?

A lot of the guards on the list aren't exactly burning it up this year...

Take Lamar Kimble (Louisville) averaging 5 pts per on overall 38% shooting and 30% from 3 pt range.

Christian Keeling (UNC) is averaging 6 pts per on 44% overall and 30% 3 pt shooting

Chris Clarke (Texas Tech) 6 pts per on 45% overall and 16% from 3

Even Purdue's plum from the grad ranks, Jahaad Proctor, is only shooting 30% from 3.

I guess my point is good shooters don't grow on trees. And Lord knows what their defense looks like. I'm not saying for Archie not to try, but I trust him to evaluate talent and offer as he sees fit.

You hit the nail on the head.  Evaluate talent and offer as he sees fit.  But if he doesn't add anyone and our guards play remotely close to what they are doing this year with no reclass from Lander, it's basically unacceptable.  It would be a waste of TJD talent and a waste of one of the best front courts in the big ten and country.  

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

You hit the nail on the head.  Evaluate talent and offer as he sees fit.  But if he doesn't add anyone and our guards play remotely close to what they are doing this year with no reclass from Lander, it's basically unacceptable.  It would be a waste of TJD talent and a waste of one of the best front courts in the big ten and country.  

Agree, nothing changes next year if we cannot get an immediate impact guard.  Unless Rob has some sort of sports hernia and he is playing at like 75%, gets surgery in offseason, and makes a big jump as he gets healthy.  Not ruling this out, just a lot of ifs.

We need better guard play desperately. 

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Trey Kaufman is very close to being the next IU commit.  PU is out with him.  

My source did not say Purdue is done with Trey.  Just did not say. However said that IU has come on very strong lately with Trey.  Seems we are getting pretty much the same intel.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So if you look at the top grads transfers from 2019 who would you have taken?

A lot of the guards on the list aren't exactly burning it up this year...

Take Lamar Kimble (Louisville) averaging 5 pts per on overall 38% shooting and 30% from 3 pt range.

Christian Keeling (UNC) is averaging 6 pts per on 44% overall and 30% 3 pt shooting

Chris Clarke (Texas Tech) 6 pts per on 45% overall and 16% from 3

Even Purdue's plum from the grad ranks, Jahaad Proctor, is only shooting 30% from 3.

I guess my point is good shooters don't grow on trees. And Lord knows what their defense looks like. I'm not saying for Archie not to try, but I trust him to evaluate talent and offer as he sees fit.

The guards below, that you for some reason completely ignored, came from the exact same site above. Like I said when i first posted this link a few months ago, there is a reason these caliber programs invest in GT's. They are difference makers even on loaded teams.

ppg               FG%               3FG%

Ryan Woolridge (Gonzaga)            10.3              53.0               42.9

Anthony Mathis (Oregon)               8.0                43.1               42.9

Isaiah Moss (Kansas)                     8.2                40.8               37.6

Max Hazzard (Arizona)                   5.3                41.2               37.9

Jaevon Cumberland (Cinn)            9.2                 36.4               35.3

Green                                                 10.6               36.8                36.7

Durham                                               9.6                42.8                35.4

Phinisee                                              7.0                 36.7               33.9

39 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

The guards below, that you for some reason completely ignored, came from the exact same site above. Like I said when i first posted this link a few months ago, there is a reason these caliber programs invest in GT's. They are difference makers even on loaded teams.

ppg               FG%               3FG%

Ryan Woolridge (Gonzaga)            10.3              53.0               42.9

Anthony Mathis (Oregon)               8.0                43.1               42.9

Isaiah Moss (Kansas)                     8.2                40.8               37.6

Max Hazzard (Arizona)                   5.3                41.2               37.9

Jaevon Cumberland (Cinn)            9.2                 36.4               35.3

Green                                                 10.6               36.8                36.7

Durham                                               9.6                42.8                35.4

Phinisee                                              7.0                 36.7               33.9

So, just out of curiosity, did you check out the first guy on your lists numbers prior to this year? You posted this year's numbers...

Before that, they aren't so impressive at North Texas. About 33% from 3 and he's an abysmal FT shooter...first time he topped even 60% this year...

Look, my point is, real B10 impact players just don't grow on trees. I'm sure CAM and the coaching staff explored a lot of options. As I said, I trust them to evaluate the talent and make the right decisions...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Here's the video you speak of on YouTube...

Loved this part...

When asked what he brings to IU...

"A true point guard who plays both ends of the floor and can lead a team."

Certainly not challenging Mile's info, but he clearly states in the video that running the pick and role with TJD was one of his deciding factors.  Wouldn't that be almost impossible WITHOUT reclassification?

3 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Certainly not challenging Mile's info, but he clearly states in the video that running the pick and role with TJD was one of his deciding factors.  Wouldn't that be almost impossible WITHOUT reclassification?

Just reporting what my source told me. 

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So, just out of curiosity, did you check out the first guy on your lists numbers prior to this year? You posted this year's numbers...

Before that, they aren't so impressive at North Texas. About 33% from 3 and he's an abysmal FT shooter...first time he topped even 60% this year...

Look, my point is, real B10 impact players just don't grow on trees. I'm sure CAM and the coaching staff explored a lot of options. As I said, I trust them to evaluate the talent and make the right decisions...

I don't have in depth scouting reports on these guys. Could be a laundry list of why he wasn't as sharp last year. In one of his prior years he shot 36%. With two open scholarships being unused and guard play the achilles heel of this team, it really is a bad look for the coaching staff.

21 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

I don't have in depth scouting reports on these guys. Could be a laundry list of why he wasn't as sharp last year. In one of his prior years he shot 36%. With two open scholarships being unused and guard play the achilles heel of this team, it really is a bad look for the coaching staff.

I don't know. Again, I trust the coaching staff to manage that. 

I get it. Our 2 most experienced guards are wildly inconsistent. Our point guard got put behind by injury. And Armaan is trying, but he's a freshman. 

I get frustrated with the play too...but I do have a feeling the recruiting dam is getting ready to burst wide open for IU...

Archived