Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Who are 3 schools recruiting Lander the hardest?

I do not know if he wants to stay within a relatively short drive from Evansville but if he does not........in today’s landscape it does not seem to really matter who is recruiting him the hardest now if Duke, UK , Kansas, etc decide to get involved next year.

Hopefully we get him (even if he is a hated, in some quarters, one and done) as we will need a PG and he would help solidify Archie’s grip on the state.

19 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I believe it's Indiana, Louisville and Purdue.

Side note, Andrew Slayter just logged a CB pick for Michigan today :(

That's why I think this post...

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Like it or not if we don't show something this year....Archie will be in the proverbial window of he may not be there. Recruiting will take a hit. Can't imagine this easy thought is exclusive to this board. IU has to win this year. Show the improvement. If not...Archie will be in year 3 with no tourneys and even I could make a point why not to go to Bloomington despite all the extras. 

Hits the nail squarely on the head.

I did not catch everything that Ryan Phillips of Assembly Call  was saying about Lander because when I turned the show on he was just finishing up talking about Lander.  What I took from his comments was that IU was the leader for him and should get him if Archie and IU doesn't do something to mess it up.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I did not catch everything that Ryan Phillips of Assembly Call  was saying about Lander because when I turned the show on he was just finishing up talking about Lander.  What I took from his comments was that IU was the leader for him and should get him if Archie and IU doesn't do something to mess it up.

After the Brooks debacle, I'm not counting on anything, just sayin'......

With Belien out at Michigan I think it is really up in the air that program even makes the tourney next year. Big question mark on what offense and defense looks like under Howard. 

Do people really think Kristian will be OAD? I was hoping for two years. If that is the case we might lose Rob and Lander in 21.

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I read where L'ville is promising him immediate playing time at PG....

I’d like the idea of playing alongside Rob better if I was him. He can share the load bringing it up but he will have the ball a ton in his hands and can even get a chance to play off the ball a little. We would have a pretty loaded back court if our 2020 kids come through. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

With Belien out at Michigan I think it is really up in the air that program even makes the tourney next year. Big question mark on what offense and defense looks like under Howard. 

Do people really think Kristian will be OAD? I was hoping for two years. If that is the case we might lose Rob and Lander in 21.

Really up in the air if we make the tournament or not

3 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Really up in the air if we make the tournament or not

I think just guys getting older and growing more mature etc should help our team a lot. Should also see the ball keep moving and not sticking as much. A lot depends on if Hunter is what we think he is and if Green steps up finally. Time will tell.

Actually with how kids think today we have no idea who will be a one and done or who might only stay a couple of years.  Just look at UM and who they lost this year because none of those players when they came in was thought to be kids who would leave early.  We all think RP will be a 4 year player but if he has a breakout year in the next year or two he could leave early so who n=knows for sure.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Actually with how kids think today we have no idea who will be a one and done or who might only stay a couple of years.  Just look at UM and who they lost this year because none of those players when they came in was thought to be kids who would leave early.  We all think RP will be a 4 year player but if he has a breakout year in the next year or two he could leave early so who n=knows for sure.

Well said, Scott...And I totally agree.  AAU basketball and the growth of professional basketball in terms of salaries has completely changed the game and the mindset of most kids.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Very true. Think of Cody.....loved college, loved IU and was academically oriented but he admitted in an interview that he strongly considered leaving after his freshman year. As we know he left after two years but many posters were clinging to the fact that he loved college life and school and thought he would come back. You just never know how long high school recruits will stay in college. 

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Rob? Not a chance at his height a yogi scenario is his best bet. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They said the same thing about brooks. I used to listen them but they are just iu pom pom no matter what.  They dont really know anything. Obviously i hope we get him but phillips is not that connected.  I think he lives in california and i dont like rabby but he has far better connections.

6 hours ago, Bedford1432 said:

They said the same thing about brooks. I used to listen them but they are just iu pom pom no matter what.  They dont really know anything. Obviously i hope we get him but phillips is not that connected.  I think he lives in california and i dont like rabby but he has far better connections.

Rather have people that actually likes IU and supports them instead of guys like you who will find fault in everything.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Rather have people that actually likes IU and supports them instead of guys like you who will find fault in everything.

He is taking the rational approach.  Most of the prognosticators do not know all that much, they are guessing.  It is better to be cautious about all of this "IU is in the lead" stuff on message boards IMO.  Leads to pretty ugly reactions if the kid goes elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 5 championships said:

How do you feel about Archie? 

Lander: “ he’s super cool”

Here's some more from that conversation on Instagram that you guys might enjoy. Thanks for sharing 5 championships!

Archived