Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IUAndy said:

I would be very surprised if he went anywhere other than Michigan. 

I think they had a much better chance before Howard took over. I could absolutely see Beilien stealing him away from us possibly but Howard will have to show his offense will showcase kids the same way Johns did. Also Howard has been really focusing on Chicago and inner city areas...hopefully he doesn’t know where Evansville is. My biggest worry will be Louisville.

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think they had a much better chance before Howard took over. I could absolutely see Beilien stealing him away from us possibly but Howard will have to show his offense will showcase kids the same way Johns did. Also Howard has been really focusing on Chicago and inner city areas...hopefully he doesn’t know where Evansville is. My biggest worry will be Louisville.

This. Louisville is our threat here.

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m kinda hoping they land Love and his stays for a couple years and that takes them out of the running but probably wouldn’t..we are going to have to battle for this kid.

Understand your thinking but I think I’d rather run with a Junior Phinisee and try to pair him with Lander for a dynamic back court in 2021. 

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think its more of who's the other players around him. Thats why Archie needs to step up him recruiting game and this team needs to start winning games.

That’s what I was meaning by fit. Where he fits with his prospective teammates. 

Should have a veteran team at least. Phinisee, Damezi and Race as seniors. Possibly TJD, Armaan and Hunter as upperclassmen 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Is Michigan less of a threat because he's not a big fan anymore or because of the coaching change?

Gotta be coaching change. He knew that it was a top tier staff. Now the new staff really only has a year to prove itself. Plus doesn’t have any past experience in college to even point to

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Gotta be coaching change. He knew that it was a top tier staff. Now the new staff really only has a year to prove itself. Plus doesn’t have any past experience in college to even point to

Something to remember replacing Archie. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Understand your thinking but I think I’d rather run with a Junior Phinisee and try to pair him with Lander for a dynamic back court in 2021. 

This is where I'm at. Moving forward I want 3 of our spots to be maintained by good talent like RP but guys who will be around for a few years.....but pepper the other 2 spots with guys who have OAD or 2AD talent....like TJD, Lander,etc...

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is where I'm at. Moving forward I want 3 of our spots to be maintained by good talent like RP but guys who will be around for a few years.....but pepper the other 2 spots with guys who have OAD or 2AD talent....like TJD, Lander,etc...

Indeed...those core guys like Coverdale and Fife and Moye and Newton’s but sprinkled in the Jeffries, the Gordon’s, the Zellers. That is key for success.

I think these past few classes of Rob and Armaan, and Galloway and the others we are on are that base and guys like Hunter and Trayce and Hopefully Landers are those special guys. We stack a couple more classes we will get back to true Indiana basketball folks.

16 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Any updates with commitments of Leal and Galloway already in the books? Does this push Lander away?

Don't think this pushes Lander away as they play completely different positions. If anything this helps securing a commitment for Lander as they are AAU teammates and good friends.

Archived