Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For people who have watched Lander....what former player or players is he compared? Always like to have a reference point.

After going back and looking at high school highlights, Landers game reminds me of a young, left-handed Allen Iverson.

Killer quickness, good court vision, and awesome vertical, with the ability to finish around the rim.

Not saying he'll eventually be as good, but that's who he reminded me of...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

After going back and looking at high school highlights, Landers game reminds me of a young, left-handed Allen Iverson.

Killer quickness, good court vision, and awesome vertical, with the ability to finish around the rim.

Not saying he'll eventually be as good, but that's who he reminded me of...

I don't see AI at all in him, but that's cool that you do. I find it interesting how people see things differently. 

The left-handedness and step back 3's in his highlights I watched made me think of James Harden, so I pulled up a HS video of him and didn't really think the two compared as well at the HS level. What do you think?

54 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I don't see AI at all in him, but that's cool that you do. I find it interesting how people see things differently. 

The left-handedness and step back 3's in his highlights I watched made me think of James Harden, so I pulled up a HS video of him and didn't really think the two compared as well at the HS level. What do you think?

Harden is taller (6'6"), not quite as quick, but finishing around the rim is comparable.

Lander and Iverson are both around 6'0". Both about 165 lbs. Both super quick. And both can really get off the ground. I see other people saying that Khristian isn't a good outside shooter, which Iverson was (even without the "practice!" ) but, as I said with a very small sample size, AI is the guy that came to mind first.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont know if I agree or not. I person that knows more about basketball than I do said Kenny Anderson is who at that age KL reminds him of. My feelings are pretty neutral on that comparison

Actually he reminds me of myself only he is quicker, handles the ball better, has a better shot and jumps higher than me. Other than that there is no difference between us.

Hate to even bring up any reference to that school down south, but my player comp would be De’Aaron Fox.  

Lander seems to be more shifty quick in tight spots whereas I’d give the edge to open court speed to Fox.

Lander is still growing and is around 6’2 now.  I could envision him around 6’3 180 by the time he plays his first collegiate game.  

16 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Hate to even bring up any reference to that school down south, but my player comp would be De’Aaron Fox.  

Lander seems to be more shifty quick in tight spots whereas I’d give the edge to open court speed to Fox.

Lander is still growing and is around 6’2 now.  I could envision him around 6’3 180 by the time he plays his first collegiate game.  

If Lander grows to 6'3" he is going to be a HIGHLY coveted NBA prospect.

8 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Soooo, how did the visit go????  I don't do Rivals.:cheers:

it is kind of a joke about one of their posters over there.  He is an obvious troll who will only talk bad about IU and will ruin every thread over there.  he is the main reason Ileft the board over there but he was saying that the visit was horrible and did not go well.  He also said a few weeks ago that Lander was about to commit to UL.  The thing is that this guy has no clue what is going on but he makes it like he has all of this inside info but really doesn't.  He was the one over there that was guaranteeing that Billy Donovan was going to be our next coach and said that they were looking at houses in Bloomington. LOL!

Just now, BDB said:

Thought it was Michigan, now the Ville has taken over the top spot

I guess, I had not been over there for months until a couple of days ago because I wanted to see if there were nay stories about HH and the recruit visits.  I saw where DMBHoosier was talking about me over there and saw the post about Lander so I read some of the most idiotic post from him on there.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

it is kind of a joke about one of their posters over there.  He is an obvious troll who will only talk bad about IU and will ruin every thread over there.  he is the main reason Ileft the board over there but he was saying that the visit was horrible and did not go well.  He also said a few weeks ago that Lander was about to commit to UL.  The thing is that this guy has no clue what is going on but he makes it like he has all of this inside info but really doesn't.  He was the one over there that was guaranteeing that Billy Donovan was going to be our next coach and said that they were looking at houses in Bloomington. LOL!

Ah, ANOTHER expert "Insider".  Maybe if he throws enough crap out there he will eventually get something right.  Thx for the reply.

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He did call Brooks to UK way before anyone else.  But he knows nothing on this one.  I'm pretty sure of that.

He also said a few months ago that Lander was going to UM.  I don't think he is really an IU fan or he is a disgruntled RMK fan who can't get over him getting fired.

I think the bottom line is that if someone is reporting that the official visit went 'awful', there's a 99% chance they're full of it. 

Official visits don't go awful, especially when you're there for something like HH and several of your friends are there too. The staff would have had to insult his Mom and punch him in the face for it to go awful. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the bottom line is that if someone is reporting that the official visit went 'awful', there's a 99% chance they're full of it. 

Official visits don't go awful, especially when you're there for something like HH and several of your friends are there too. The staff would have had to insult his Mom and punch him in the face for it to go awful. 

yeah, that picture of Lander with Leal and Galloway in their candy stripes really looked like he was having a terrible time.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For people who have watched Lander....what former player or players is he compared? Always like to have a reference point.

Ja Morant….now remember Morant was a late bloomer and had a "good" freshman year...I watched many games down here as he goes to my wife's alma mater. That said Ja really blew up this year! The reason is his shot isn't bad...needs a lot more reps but could be really good....super super quick. Slim, gets around his man with ease...has great pop in his jumping but the number 1 reason they both are elite passers! Watch them pass the ball off the dribble and penetration etc...and watch how the ball is almost ALWAYS in the shooting pocket of their teammates. I mean he hits them right where they can do something..not off to the side or low just beautiful passing. Both will likely have similar size and ball handling and Ja got much better as a shooter this year...but even still he isn't elite....I think Khristian compares favorably to him. Ja wasn't highly recruited..but people see him now...I've seen him for a couple years. I think Khristian can be that! Hope that helps!

Archived