Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well being a west sider Iā€™m sure he has been to many parties over there. Maybe if they made the leap to D1 you could be on to something lol.

As a former west sider, how is the Fall Festival going this year? Heard you guys had great weather although today looks a little suspect.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, hoosiermd said:

As a former west sider, how is the Fall Festival going this year? Heard you guys had great weather although today looks a little suspect.

I no longer live there. Spent a little over 10 years there in college and working after and it was a very nice place to live.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Daughter was there last night...deep fried everything...šŸ˜‚

Yes the food is always a coronary delight!

46 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Donā€™t see that happening

And Iā€™ve been wrong before, many times actually. Ā Itā€™s a possibility, if everything falls into place he would love to join his AAU buddies. Ā Leal, Galloway, Lander, Garcia.....šŸ¤”šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā¤ļø

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

And Iā€™ve been wrong before, many times actually. Ā Itā€™s a possibility, if everything falls into place he would love to join his AAU buddies. Ā Leal, Galloway, Lander, Garcia.....šŸ¤”šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā¤ļø

That would definitely be an incredible class.Ā 

Just now, DC2345 said:

That would definitely be an incredible class.Ā 

I forgot about Geronimo. Ā I talked to someone who turned me to TDHs article and he also had a convo with Daddy Lander himself. IU looking really good and 2020 is a real possibility. Ā Iā€™m slipping on my info in my old age but thatā€™s ok since itā€™s all good news!!

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Nope. Definitely talk of USI moving up.Ā  I suspect it was more of a critical mass thing than anything.Ā  They are pushing 10,000 students now.

They've had over 10,000 for awhile. I would believe the difficulty is first the finances of such a leap and second finding a conference to join. Seeing as it would likely have to be for multiple sports there is a lot that goes into that. The reason I said financially is because I'm sure there is a lot of money backing UE to remain the single D1 school in Evansville. Politics and financials are usually the biggest reason...I imagine they could have found a conference as so many other schools in their conference has...the issue I think is political/financial....in my uninformed opinion.

I worry about some of his physical readiness...pg is a very very tough position to play especially in the B1G...you are very much on an island...the wings sometimes you can hide a defender with help defense etc. That said this would incredible news! I don't know about him being ready to start in 2020 but he could certainly move up his time frame of going pro by skipping a year. Fits almost too well with our roster. That said it might not have been us asking him to move into 2020. Michigan will graduate a starting senior this year...Louisville missed out on multiple pgs this year....they should have an opening too. Either way I think we can afford this kid the best situation.

Archived