Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Nothing could fire me up more than landing Lander in a 2020 situation with Garcia and the three we have. I mean, i was already pumped reading about Leal’s 500 threes made per day.  You may need to strap me down and sedate me if this comes to fruition. 

Just get Garcia and I'll be thrilled.  

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he dos reclassify is that good for IU or was this maybe suggested by another team.  U came in for a visit and right after that it comes out about the possibility of him reclassifying.  With that and the rumor he was a UM fan growing up might not look so good for IU.

Who knows how the idea came up, but the fact that it came up right after his IU visit would lead me to believe that it was something discussed between IU and the Lander family. Especially considering that he was on that visit with Leal and Galloway. 

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he dos reclassify is that good for IU or was this maybe suggested by another team.  U came in for a visit and right after that it comes out about the possibility of him reclassifying.  With that and the rumor he was a UM fan growing up might not look so good for IU.

How about you read the article. It clearly says that IU’s staff presented the Lander’s with this option while on his official visit last weekend. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The one I read did not clearly state it was IU

This was recapping his IU visit and although it’s not flat out stated. This was presented by the IU staff. That’s why they discussed classes and things of that nature. Quote by Keith Lander below. 

“In both visits we talked about some serious questions that are going to come up real soon probably. We’ll sit down and evaluate things when Khristian gets back from USA (Basketball) and discuss some possibilities that we hadn’t expected before,” Keith Lander added.

Could the Evansville Reitz product reclassify into the class of 2020?

“That’s the question,” Keith Lander said.  “Nothing will be decided until the first of 2020 unless he kills it this school year. But those were some of the questions we had, school-wise, what classes to take.” 

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

This was recapping his IU visit and although it’s not flat out stated. This was presented by the IU staff. That’s why they discussed classes and things of that nature. Quote by Keith Lander below. 

“In both visits we talked about some serious questions that are going to come up real soon probably. We’ll sit down and evaluate things when Khristian gets back from USA (Basketball) and discuss some possibilities that we hadn’t expected before,” Keith Lander added.

Could the Evansville Reitz product reclassify into the class of 2020?

“That’s the question,” Keith Lander said.  “Nothing will be decided until the first of 2020 unless he kills it this school year. But those were some of the questions we had, school-wise, what classes to take.” 

That says in both visits. He has had 3 visits in the past month. Now both visits to IU...or in both the UM and IU or UL and IU...it’s hard to say. That said reclassifying to me changes nothing. Michigan, Louisville, and Indiana all need pgs in the 2020 or 2021 classes.

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That says in both visits. He has had 3 visits in the past month. Now both visits to IU...or in both the UM and IU or UL and IU...it’s hard to say. That said reclassifying to me changes nothing. Michigan, Louisville, and Indiana all need pgs in the 2020 or 2021 classes.

He was referring to the IU visits. The reclass discussion came in this visit. 

23 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Archie wasn't kidding when he said 4-6 in 2020. All the people worried that would negative impact Lander (and other 2021's) will be able to rest easy if Lander reclasses.

A 5 man class of LL triple G would be awesome! (Lander, Leal, Galloway, Garcia, Geronimo)

Image result for ll cool j gifImage result for triple g gif

Yep. Things dreams are made of so I'm going to keep them right there for the time being but the scary thing is....things are trending in a good way. I mean if we get Garcia....how or why would Lander not want to be part of that talent especially if he reclassifies. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Louisville is the one who originated the play up idea to Lander.  Landers asked IU if they’d still be interested if they moved up. The answer was obvious but personally I don’t see it happening(him moving up).

Just a question. Given your history and experience....how in the hell is Mack suggesting anything to kids these days with additional sanctions coming??

22 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Get in and out in 1-2 years while the NCAA is still investigating?

I don't think much more will happen to them honestly. They have already taken down 2 banners, lost scholarships, forfeited wins. Pitino and everyone associated is gone for 3yrs now. Athletic director fired. President and large number of trustees gone. What else could they do? Seriously. You will not see a death penalty. 

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a question. Given your history and experience....how in the hell is Mack suggesting anything to kids these days with additional sanctions coming??

Mack and Lville don’t believe anything further will happen.  Everyone is gone from when that stuff took place.  

19 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Mack and Lville don’t believe anything further will happen.  Everyone is gone from when that stuff took place.  

Well that's either the bourbon or something else down there. No way they can honestly think nothing else is coming. Thanks though!

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Well that's either the bourbon or something else down there. No way they can honestly think nothing else is coming. Thanks though!

I doubt Mack takes that job if he thought it was going to have more than maybe a couple years of scholarship reductions. Honestly with the transfer portal now days kids can come and go pretty easily if something was handed down.

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Louisville is the one who originated the play up idea to Lander.  Landers asked IU if they’d still be interested if they moved up. The answer was obvious but personally I don’t see it happening(him moving up).

I agree it wouldn’t be in his best interest. I think physically his body needs another year to get stronger to really mix it up in a power 5 conference if he wants to start freshman year. Be hard to start him if he reclassified but I’m sure we would tell him whatever he wants to hear to get him in here lol.

12 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

I don't think much more will happen to them honestly. They have already taken down 2 banners, lost scholarships, forfeited wins. Pitino and everyone associated is gone for 3yrs now. Athletic director fired. President and large number of trustees gone. What else could they do? Seriously. You will not see a death penalty. 

Were these punishments from the stripper issues?

I can’t keep all of their scandals straight. I believe they are waiting on the NCAA decision on the ‘University 6’ FBI investigation. 

The only realistic new punishment would be a post season ban. 

UL should get 1-3 years without basketball.  While on probation for strippers and prostitutes as recruiting benefits with much of the activity going on in an "athletic" dorm, they bought a player out right.  If the NCAA doesn't step up on this one, it is clear that it pays to cheat and the coach, athletic administration, and school administration can just look the other way.  The school and athletic administration did not do their job; thus, the school should pay.  The players and coaches can go some place else.

Archived