Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Kaufman.  I hope Archie can convince Furst that they can play together.  We need both.  We're definitely in it for Lander but we really need a deep tourney run this season.

It doesn’t take much to see that Furst and Kaufman are different players. Hopefully Furst can see that. I also think they need to start looking at other PG options just in case.

1 hour ago, ephul said:

We are in it with Lander as much as anyone. Lander is going to go to school based upon which staff he feels most comfortable with, and who he feels will get him to the next level. We aren't behind because we don't have a top 5 engineering program.

Agree.  His priority as with any high level talent is going to be their college basketball career and even moreso if they view themselves as an NBA talent.  Once a commitment is made, a particular academic speciality might be cited as a reason for their choice but that's strictly a secondary reason and helps soothe the feelings of the fanbase of the schools that lost out.

19 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Kaufman.  I hope Archie can convince Furst that they can play together.  We need both.  We're definitely in it for Lander but we really need a deep tourney run this season.

UK,Duke,UNC,etc...seem to be able to convince players about playing together...no reason CAM can’t.

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel like we have a special, unselfish group of kids/young men on this team. Furthermore, we haven’t even tapped the potential of what this season can become. I’m sure that how we perform this season will have a big impact moving forward with recruits. We’ll be fine on the recruiting front after Archie and Co. display the depth and ability to play with one another for our current group. I’m trying to focus more on what we have and worry less about the possibilities, so let’s see how this season unfolds and the chips will fall in place. Sorry for the long post.

P.S. I really want Lander, Kaufman and Furst!! 😜

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

We need some special kids on this team. You can see we just don’t have enough playmakers/basket getters. Guys like Lander, Kaufman, and Furst would go a long way to raising the talent level.

The problem being that at the moment, we appear to have a shot with each of them but we are listed as the most likely with none of them (from what I have seen).

Archived