Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

Not that it's any surprise but Khristian said that Indiana, Michigan, Louisville, and Memphis are prioritizing him the most. 

I'm assuming Archie, some assistants, and even some players may make an appearance at Southport on Saturday.  Both Michigan and Louisville have games Saturday at noon, so while an assistant could sneak out a little early, it will be difficult for Howard and Mack to make it to Southport for a 5 o'clock tipoff.  

Huge day for IU on the recruiting front, with Kaufman and Furst playing in Southport as well.  Would love to see a lot of the players show up.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm assuming Archie, some assistants, and even some players may make an appearance at Southport on Saturday.  Both Michigan and Louisville have games Saturday at noon, so while an assistant could sneak out a little early, it will be difficult for Howard and Mack to make it to Southport for a 5 o'clock tipoff.  

Huge day for IU on the recruiting front, with Kaufman and Furst playing in Southport as well.  Would love to see a lot of the players show up.

I'm assuming TJD and Brunk would show if they can....probably Rob too. 

Archie hasn't been in to see Kaufman since July. Said to be favoring Purdue and Louisville at the moment, mainly because Painter is the lead recruiter there. Sending an assistant doesn't resonate the same as the head coach.

Lander is going out of state for sure. 

Furst, the staff doesn't seem as high on him as fans are. To me that's nuts, because if you pick up a guy like Brunk you sure as hell can find a spot for Furst.

Wesley is probably the one we have the best shot with at the moment.

We better be in good with out of state guys like Patterson, because if not, we could be in for some major disappointment in 2021.

15 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Archie hasn't been in to see Kaufman since July. Said to be favoring Purdue and Louisville at the moment, mainly because Painter is the lead recruiter there. Sending an assistant doesn't resonate the same as the head coach.

Furst, the staff doesn't seem as high on him as fans are. To me that's nuts, because if you pick up a guy like Brunk you sure as hell can find a spot for Furst.

We better be in good with out of state guys like Patterson, because if not, we could be in for some major disappointment in 2021.

I’ve heard all kinds of conflicting reports. Some say we are in good shape for in state kids for 2021 and some say we are not. Don’t think anyone really knows. 

13 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I’ve heard all kinds of conflicting reports. Some say we are in good shape for in state kids for 2021 and some say we are not. Don’t think anyone really knows. 

the problem is that no one knows unless someone is in their family so no one on a message board knows anything.

2 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Kaufman took an official to IU in September.  Are you implying that Archie did not see him when he was on campus?  With that visit, was there really a need to see him again before now?  

Archie has the perfect opportunity to see Furst and Kaufman go against each tomorrow.  Makes sense for him to see that matchup than catch either one against outclassed competition.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Kaufman took an official to IU in September.  Are you implying that Archie did not see him when he was on campus?  With that visit, was there really a need to see him again before now?  

Archie has the perfect opportunity to see Furst and Kaufman go against each tomorrow.  Makes sense for him to see that matchup than catch either one against outclassed competition.

Fully expect to see most of the staff there on Saturday. Unless someone is seeing Lander

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The last time Archie went out of his way to see him was this past summer.  Ostrom is in constant contact, but he is not the head coach.  Ostrom was the one who went to see Kaufman's season debut weeks ago, not Archie.  I'm not even sure how to answer your question.  The reason for Archie to go visit him is in case he wants to land Trey Kaufman.  Isn't that called recruiting?  Other than that, I suppose no, there's not really a reason to go see him.

Painter is the lead Purdue coach in this recruitment, and Mack is for UL.  That makes a difference.

IDK.  Maybe we're in great shape with Trey Patterson and Archie likes him better.

1 minute ago, GrangerHoosier said:

The last time Archie went out of his way to see him was this past summer.  Ostrom is in constant contact, but he is not the head coach.  Ostrom was the one who went to see Kaufman's season debut weeks ago, not Archie.  I'm not even sure how to answer your question.  The reason for Archie to go visit him is in case he wants to land Trey Kaufman.  Isn't that called recruiting?  Other than that, I suppose no, there's not really a reason to go see him.

Painter is the lead Purdue coach in this recruitment, and Mack is for UL.  That makes a difference.

IDK.  Maybe we're in great shape with Trey Patterson and Archie likes him better.

Silver Creek has not played very good competition to date.  If Archie, or any head coach, is trying to evaluate Trey as a player, none of the first 3 games Silver Creek has played would have offered much insight (I've been to all 3).   Mack has not been to any of the 3 games as far as I know.   Painter attended the Silver Creek vs. Charlestown game and saw Charlestown play a gimmick defense (sagging box and one) that resulted in Trey being double and triple teamed all the time.  Also, considering Charlestown's tallest player was probably no taller than 6'1, they were very physical with the lower body.  He simply did not have the freedom to move that he will against better competition.  Painter saw little, if anything, that night that would have provided an indication of what kind of a player Trey is.  

If Archie truly wants to evaluate Kaufman, or Furst for that matter, tomorrow is the day.  Since IU does not have a game, and since Lander and Leal will be playing as well (Galloway is reportedly out with a broken wrist), I fully expect Archie to be there.  He probably had it planned in advance that this was the day early in the season where he was going to catch Trey play. I think you are reading way too much into things at this point.    

1 hour ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I think this coaching staff knows how to recruit.  I Do Know they did manage to bring in the last two Mr. Basketball recipients.  I trust their recruiting abilities.

1 hour ago, GrangerHoosier said:

And how do you know where we stand with each?

After seeing Lander tonight in action at Southport, I've done a 180 on how I feel if we don't land him.  Before tonight, I had him labelled as a must get.  Now, I'm indifferent. 

Is the talent there?  Yeah, I guess so,

Is the heart there.  I'm not so sure.  

His team is not very good around him, but I say nothing from him that would indicate he had the heart to put the team on his back and will the, to victory.  That might explain reitz was a .500 team last year and had a losing record the year before that,

Definitely did not see the defensive effort that Archie would demand, and I also thought the decision making was mediocre.

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

After seeing Lander tonight in action at Southport, I've done a 180 on how I feel if we don't land him.  Before tonight, I had him labelled as a must get.  Now, I'm indifferent. 

His team is not very good around him, but I say nothing from him that would indicate he had the heart to put the team on his back and will the, to victory.  That might explain reitz was a .500 team last year and had a losing record the year before that,

Definitely did not see the defensive effort that Archie would demand, and I also thought the decision making was mediocre.

Carmel spanked Reitz and Carmel is down on talent this year compared to the last couple of years.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Probably the coaches fault...whats his buyout..:coffee:

Archived