Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/19/2019 at 10:46 AM, dgambill said:

Is he being heavily recruited. I've heard little to no news about him.

From what I’ve heard and read from different places we are keeping Tabs on him and Roberts has been in contact. The problem is he is still considering reclassifying to 2020 and if he does I would think that we pass so we don’t jeopardize any chance at Lander. If he is still 2021 I think we have a chance but Virginia will play a big part in his recruitment and some have said they are the front runner if he stays in 2021

31 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

From what I’ve heard and read from different places we are keeping Tabs on him and Roberts has been in contact. The problem is he is still considering reclassifying to 2020 and if he does I would think that we pass so we don’t jeopardize any chance at Lander. If he is still 2021 I think we have a chance but Virginia will play a big part in his recruitment and some have said they are the front runner if he stays in 2021

I don't see Lander having problem with this kid being on the roster. I mean if the #1 PG in the class is worried about a 60th ranked kid then I don't know what to say. Chances are UL  and UM will all have comparable point guards already on the roster if not better. I also see Lander easily playing the two for us some. He will get all the minutes he could want if he comes. If anyone loses out in the deal it would be Whitt...or even Armaan. If the kid reclassifies to 2020 I would certainly swoop him up...after all we have an open scholarship!

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Well lets hope they didnt show up.

Basketball players look past Ws and Ls.  They look for needed parts.  This team needs a point guard.  Lander is a missing ingredient.  He has to see that.  With the addition of two-three kids next year who can shoot to go along with pieces in place a group with pg could go somewhere.  

20 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Basketball players look past Ws and Ls.  They look for needed parts.  This team needs a point guard.  Lander is a missing ingredient.  He has to see that.  With the addition of two-three kids next year who can shoot to go along with pieces in place a group with pg could go somewhere.  

People say that but most elite player wants to see that they will spend their one or two seasons in college at a program that has a proven track record of winning. Those players that don’t go some place that they can put up huge numbers and be the guy. I don’t know that IU fits either of those right now or in the near future.

• 1 month later...

Lander not on the 2021 Indiana Elite Roster I saw earlier this week.  If you recall, he played up a class with the 2020 Indiana Elite team last year.

• Is this a sign of a potential reclass?
  • Has another shoe company pried him away from Adidas? (which would be bad for Indiana)

Archived