Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lander not on the 2021 Indiana Elite Roster I saw earlier this week.  If you recall, he played up a class with the 2020 Indiana Elite team last year.

• Is this a sign of a potential reclass?
  • Has another shoe company pried him away from Adidas? (which would be bad for Indiana)

Yes. I think I read somewhere he’s playing on the eybl circuit this year. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Per the Indy Heat twitter account, Lander will play for them on the Nike circuit along with Caleb Furst and Blake Wesley.   Among others on this team are Blake Sisley, Luke Goode, and Jeremy Sochan.  

Spin Zone for those worrying about Lander or others going from Adidas to Nike AAU team, TJD was on the Nike sponsored Indy Heat last year and we still got him

18 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was told today that Lander is STRONGLY considering a reclass and if he does then it will be at IU.  I don’t like it because I don’t think Lander is ready.  We will see what happens.  Stay tuned!

He might not be but IU could use his basketball skill at the guard spots even if he physically isn’t ready. Not to mention he has chemistry with Leal and Galloway already.

The thing with Lander is that Reitz just is not a very good team.  If he will be academically ready to reclass, I see an advantage for him to do so.  A year in IU's program will help him develop more than another year at Reitz.  I expect his class ranking in both 247 and Rivals will be going down with the next updates.  

The part I worry about would be if he can mentally accept playing a reserve role (I think he would be a less than 20 minute a game guy as a freshman).   

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The thing with Lander is that Reitz just is not a very good team.  If he will be academically ready to reclass, I see an advantage for him to do so.  A year in IU's program will help him develop more than another year at Reitz.  I expect his class ranking in both 247 and Rivals will be going down with the next updates.  

The part I worry about would be if he can mentally accept playing a reserve role (I think he would be a less than 20 minute a game guy as a freshman).   

with Al, Armaan and Rob, I think 20 Minutes next year i s optimistic. 

29 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was told today that Lander is STRONGLY considering a reclass and if he does then it will be at IU.  I don’t like it because I don’t think Lander is ready.  We will see what happens.  Stay tuned!

Do you think he has too high expectations coming in as a reclass? We really need another point. Couldn’t he give us 15 mins a game and be that extra ball handler down the stretch or do you think he will expect to start and play major minutes and won’t be ready physically to do that?

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do you think he has too high expectations coming in as a reclass? We really need another point. Couldn’t he give us 15 mins a game and be that extra ball handler down the stretch or do you think he will expect to start and play major minutes and won’t be ready physically to do that?

I think he absolutely could give us those minutes.  He’s a 5 star and they usually want to be in the spotlight. We will see how it pans out.

Archived