Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Man what is it about Xavier but they love our Indiana kids. I feel like they offer/watch more Indiana kids then Ohio ones.

You’re absolutely right, but I would venture to guess that Indiana turns more talent, especially around the southern part of the state and Cincinnati.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Man what is it about Xavier but they love our Indiana kids. I feel like they offer/watch more Indiana kids then Ohio ones.

Travis Steele is the Xavier coach now - he is from and started coaching in Indiana (was video coordinator at IU for a couple years).

Also, Indiana is generally better at basketball than Ohio.

2 hours ago, jimsorgi said:

Travis Steele is the Xavier coach now - he is from and started coaching in Indiana (was video coordinator at IU for a couple years).

Also, Indiana is generally better at basketball than Ohio.

That's true. Just seems like they have a stronger history of coming after our guys then say most but you are very right. I like the fact that Archie has built relationships in Ohio and obviously has a ton in Pennsylvania.....those are still very good states for basketball recruiting. The only area bigger would be if we could attract the kids from Chicago but who knows...when we've been at the top of our program we interested some....so its possible again!

7 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Talked to my pops who’s been officiating for something like 20 years (Evansville area) and he insists that he’s good but doesn’t see star potential yet. Random nugget of info for you guys...

He is a bit small but heck he has a lot of time to grow. If he is a late bloomer and Archie is already got eyes on him then that would put us at a huge advantage! Could be the next Robert Phinesee who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 8:15 PM, dgambill said:

Many of the programs in our general area know that you could be very good year in and year out if you load up with players fromthe state of Indiana 

5 hours ago, zerawkid said:

Well, Xavier is located in Cincinnati, so, proximity is surely part of the equation.

Oh for sure...but I wasn't familiar with the coaching ties to the state until someone pointed it out. There have been countless recruits going there...less to Cincy though. Now that Mack is in Louisville I was hoping things might change but now we have Holtmann, Mack, Izzo, Alfred, and now Steele who has those Indiana ties is there too....that's not even the local schools....Archie has a lot of competition for our best boys is all.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Oh for sure...but I wasn't familiar with the coaching ties to the state until someone pointed it out. There have been countless recruits going there...less to Cincy though. Now that Mack is in Louisville I was hoping things might change but now we have Holtmann, Mack, Izzo, Alfred, and now Steele who has those Indiana ties is there too....that's not even the local schools....Archie has a lot of competition for our best boys is all.

Let’s hope! The less XU is pulling from us, the better.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:22 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

It is going to be interesting to watch this kid develop.  Lander and Blackmon look like they could be a pretty special backcourt one day.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/evansville-reitz-point-guard-khristian-lander-gets-national-recognition-as-one-of-top-players-in-2021/

Am I wrong in thinking that I don’t want another Blackmon?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Drawing a blank here...was Chaeney the last Evansville kid on scholarship? I think Kyle Taber might have been gifted one his senior year but that doesn't count.

I think so.  Evansville hasn't produced a lot of talent in recent memory.  Lyle while talented was a total basket case.  There was that kid from Memorial that played for Pitino at Louisville and of course the kid from Castle who plays at Iowa.  I can't think of any other high major players from the area in recent memory.

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think so.  Evansville hasn't produced a lot of talent in recent memory.  Lyle while talented was a total basket case.  There was that kid from Memorial that played for Pitino at Louisville and of course the kid from Castle who plays at Iowa.  I can't think of any other high major players from the area in recent memory.

Walter McCarty

Archived