Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2018 at 11:13 AM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Thanks.  Interesting list.   Two out of the top three from Wisconsin.  That’s something.  I’m sure Coach K, Self, and Aw Shucks are going to  circle those two.  

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Better than Blackmon?

You talking about Jalen correct? Don’t know him very well but if Jalen is a 2 guard they should be able to play together because from my knowledge Lander is a PG. his game right now kinda reminds me of D.J. Carton. Left handed like him to. Still pretty young and  his development has a long ways to go but he could turn into something special. 

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Love those pics in front of the court. Genius social media work

I really like those as well. Franklin used that photo as commit shot too. I think seeing them in uniform. Getting a photo...and seeing the immediate reaction on social media is huge. I mean Franklin's commit photo has over 7k likes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I’ll get to quite a few of his games this season. I’ll let you guys know how it it’s going.

I hope we can land him.  There's a guy on the rivals site who says that he's grown up a huge UM fan and that they are the clear frontrunner.  I have no idea if that's true or not.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I hope we can land him.  There's a guy on the rivals site who says that he's grown up a huge UM fan and that they are the clear frontrunner.  I have no idea if that's true or not.

I think when some of these kids see what Romeo does at IU...they will have a new program to look up to.

21 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Handles and quickness are clearly great. 

Two concerns in translating to the college game:

1.) Height on shot. I’m assuming this kid is ~6’0”. He doesn’t elevate to shoot and his body angles a bit forward. He’ll just need to get a little more vertical in general. 

2.) Quickness of release. On nearly all the set shots he took, he showed a lengthy ball fake before shooting, that doesn’t give any indication as to the quickness of his release. It’s a point of concern.

But, that’s why you come to play at the next level. Hone the skills and improve.

Archived