Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

CauseThatsMyDJ

Khristian Lander

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For people who have watched Lander....what former player or players is he compared? Always like to have a reference point.

Ja Morant….now remember Morant was a late bloomer and had a "good" freshman year...I watched many games down here as he goes to my wife's alma mater. That said Ja really blew up this year! The reason is his shot isn't bad...needs a lot more reps but could be really good....super super quick. Slim, gets around his man with ease...has great pop in his jumping but the number 1 reason they both are elite passers! Watch them pass the ball off the dribble and penetration etc...and watch how the ball is almost ALWAYS in the shooting pocket of their teammates. I mean he hits them right where they can do something..not off to the side or low just beautiful passing. Both will likely have similar size and ball handling and Ja got much better as a shooter this year...but even still he isn't elite....I think Khristian compares favorably to him. Ja wasn't highly recruited..but people see him now...I've seen him for a couple years. I think Khristian can be that! Hope that helps!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Next time I show up to a basketball camp, I'm getting measured in these:

delight-600sk-02-dmcanw_a4241726-f81e-40

What's really screwed up about that is if that's a real shoe, there are women who would wear it. Some women would wear bear traps on their feet if they thought it made their legs look good...

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Next time I show up to a basketball camp, I'm getting measured in these:

delight-600sk-02-dmcanw_a4241726-f81e-40

You working the pole at KU next year??? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Apparently Juwan Howard made a trip to Evansville yesterday.

I've heard he likes Michigan....but without Belien I don't know if Michigan is the same type of team he would be interested in playing for. Howard would have to prove to me what he is going to do there...and I don't think he has an easy job this year.

I also thought I read somewhere he was a big Michigan fan..  Whether that means he will play for them I don't know. 

Being that he is a 2021 recruit will he be committing anytime soon. He can watch all these programs progression for a season or 2 before making his choice. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I've heard he likes Michigan....but without Belien I don't know if Michigan is the same type of team he would be interested in playing for. Howard would have to prove to me what he is going to do there...and I don't think he has an easy job this year.

Big time insider fpeaugh started the rumor that he was a big UM fan.  So it must be true.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Big time insider fpeaugh started the rumor that he was a big UM fan.  So it must be true.  

If that is the case then nevermind. I didn't know where I heard that he had grown up a Michigan fan. I would be shocked if Howard can keep that programs momentum going forward.

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

I also thought I read somewhere he was a big Michigan fan..  Whether that means he will play for them I don't know. 

Being that he is a 2021 recruit will he be committing anytime soon. He can watch all these programs progression for a season or 2 before making his choice. 

247 has him as a 50/50 choice between IU and Michigan...I'm guessing they had to have gotten that from somewhere...

Screenshot_20191010-124618_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Wait, where is Louisville? I’m so confused! 

The school that Lander will soon be committing to per fpeaugh.  He's a UM lock too. He is also leaving Reitz to enroll in prep school per the same source.

This is one we can ill afford to lose. I'm not saying we will but this one would set us back because we have not landed another pg on this roster (and doesn't look like one in 2020 at this point) other than Rob. Archie being a point guard himself I'm sure he knows how important the position is and wouldn't leave us hanging.

Edited by dgambill

I talk to one of his family members often. His bedroom is blue with a Maize M on the wall. I was told that it would be hard to pull him from Michigan. IU definitely has a shot though. It will be interesting to hear after his visit to Ann Arbor later this month. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, IUAndy said:

I talk to one of his family members often. His bedroom is blue with a Maize M on the wall. I was told that it would be hard to pull him from Michigan. IU definitely has a shot though. It will be interesting to hear after his visit to Ann Arbor later this month. 

Thank you for that contribution. Andy.  I just love it, when members have first hand "intel" on a recruit. And are willing to share it with us, as you have done.

1 hour ago, IUAndy said:

Yes. I believe I had heard the same. Might have been some of your earlier comments that someone else confirmed for me. Thanks for your input.

12 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Actually, Sam Webb the Michigan 24/7 guy said on his radio show months ago that Lander grew up a Michigan fan. So this isn’t some random internet rumor. 

• Thanks 1

If it's a known fact he's a Meechigan fan, my question is this: Why did Howard wait so damn long to go see him? Lander is a priority recruit for any coach worth his salt.

5 hours ago, Feathery said:

Actually, Sam Webb the Michigan 24/7 guy said on his radio show months ago that Lander grew up a Michigan fan. So this isn’t some random internet rumor. 

Well fpeaugh said that like a year ago on the Rivals board.  Maybe he finally got something right.

Meh...  I used to eat bologna sandwiches every day, but would not get within 10 feet of one today.  We all do/have things growing up that we grow out of.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

If it's a known fact he's a Meechigan fan, my question is this: Why did Howard wait so damn long to go see him? Lander is a priority recruit for any coach worth his salt.

Well, FCTC did the same thing with Trendon Watford and you saw how well that worked out for him...............oh wait, nevermind.