Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dgambill said:

UK has been getting more and more of these reclassifying kids. Honestly I don’t think it serves them well. If you get OAD primarily then they are looking at playing these kids right away and I’m not sure they all are physically and mentally ready for college ball. I think it’s also why they have been adding one or two grad transfers because they need leadership and college ready guys to buy the young ones time til they have settled in. Nate Sestina is going to be a huge get for them this year just like Travis really helped them last year. Nate has a winning work ethic and great skills for a 6’9 PF with range anywhere past half court. Anyways I think they continuing to depend on younger and younger kids will hurt them...I’ll take Archie’s plan of 4 year guys with a few 5 stars sprinkled in every year.

"I’ll take Archie’s plan of 4 year guys with a few 5 stars sprinkled in every year". lol. me too

Imagine if IU and Purdue were consolidated into one school.  That's essentially what you have for programs like Ohio State, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and others.  The academic rankings--and sports teams for that matter--would soar. 

We'd still have Notre Dame as the big kahuna private school, and Butler, but we'd also have the Indiana State, Ball State, Evansville, types of schools.  That's not to mention the elite Rose-Hulman and schools such as DePauw and Wabash.

9 hours ago, JugRox said:

It’s because of the end of the one and done rule.

There will be a ton of kids doing the same thing.

Yes but how much is a 17 year old going to really help you? Sure these are some elite kids but overall I don’t think many are going to be able to be counted on to help carry a program so you have to be careful and choosey. If you think they will come back for a second year and just looking to get another year of college under their belt to help their draft position that is ok...but if they are looking to be OAD as well...it’s hard to argue that kid is going to get the job done come tournament time. We will see how many he continues to take. Overall I don’t think a reclassifying OAD is going to help a program much.

1 hour ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Does 5 star big man Isaiah Todd commitment to Michigan help them with Lander? 

I don’t think any players affect Lander. We already have half his AAU team here. It will be which coaches and programs he thinks fits him best. If they land a 5* pg maybe push him away but in the end it’s going to come down to if he believes in Archie. One thing to remember is Howard is a big man coach...Archie a pg coach...I think that is advantage IU.

14 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Imagine if IU and Purdue were consolidated into one school.  That's essentially what you have for programs like Ohio State, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and others.  The academic rankings--and sports teams for that matter--would soar. 

We'd still have Notre Dame as the big kahuna private school, and Butler, but we'd also have the Indiana State, Ball State, Evansville, types of schools.  That's not to mention the elite Rose-Hulman and schools such as DePauw and Wabash.

Right on, as long as IU absorbs Purdue and they cease to exist.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

in the end it’s going to come down to if he believes in Archie.

Agree 100%. And I think Lander has to be convinced that last year was a one-off triggered by injuries for that belief in CAM to be validated.

The proof will (hopefully) be in this years performance.

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

IU has to make the tournament and show improvement this year in order to get Lander. We can revisit Lander after IU picks up a few wins and gets the season rolling.

This above like I have mentioned, we are recruiting just fine.  When we make the tournament we will be in even better shape.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

But the quality of IU"s co-eds would plummet.

:) 

Lol, I posted this before reading further, and then I see the cow-crossings. This is like when you order something at a restaurant and your friend orders something that looks so much better -- I've been out-ordered vbg

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would be shocked if he does.  My take is that like other have said UL brought it up so it's being looked at. Hearing more that is was to put some pressure on Askew I think. If not him another 5 star guard 

I am pretty sure Askew has committed to UK

13 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

Is anyone over 6'3 in this tournament lol! Honestly he is too good to be out there playing in that. Hope he had fun! I do think he has been working on his 3pt shot. I expect that to continue to get better. If he just get's stronger and takes on more of a defensive mindset the sky is the limit for the kid.

Archived