Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just thought I'd bump this since all of the attention on the Leal thread. How would this affect Landers decision? Any "new" news??

2021 kid...still a LONG road to go for him. If he continues to progress UK and others will get involved. That said Rob would be a senior and if we continue to miss out on guards a lot of playing time even year one and opportunity to take over the point year 2.

• 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He is the next 'must have' recruit for IU.

Tons of talent in his class so I have no doubt we'll get our fair share. Hard to say must have when going up against Kentucky, Duke, Carolina,etc...don't want the pressure of "must have" to be the norm because lord knows I can't take another Romeo recruitment. TJD's was more my speed. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Tons of talent in his class so I have no doubt we'll get our fair share. Hard to say must have when going up against Kentucky, Duke, Carolina,etc...don't want the pressure of "must have" to be the norm because lord knows I can't take another Romeo recruitment. TJD's was more my speed. 

Could care less about the process.....as long as the result is the same as Romeo....that is what it takes many times to get kids like him.  May very well be the same for Lander.

18 hours ago, mookied39 said:

Could care less about the process.....as long as the result is the same as Romeo....that is what it takes many times to get kids like him.  May very well be the same for Lander.

Others are far more dialed in recruiting wise but what Romeo does next year with Boston could be very, very important in this recruitment. On and off the court. All the big boys are after him.

Romeo has shown if you are an elite talent with unique physical gifts and skills you will be drafted high no matter where you go to school and even if you have a disappointing season. Nobody should be scared to go to IU after witnessing his process. The real question for Archie will be can he win games and can he develop talent to the NBA level....because Romeo was already a lottery pick.

38 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Fabulous player. Indiana a clear, clear leader at current writing.

Phenomenal talent. 

Wow...that’s great to hear. Seems his dad values the continued contact. I would say it would be harder for a UK to swoop in at the end to win him over seeing they want to have that relationship with the staff and trust. I worry about UL because I think Mack is going to be a thorn in our side for some of these southern Indiana kids. If he can continue to perfect his shooting to go with his ball handling and driving he will only be at IU for a couple years. Very talented indeed. Also as I said in another 2021 pg thread that gets lots of attention. I don’t see Archie taking two pgs in that class and it’s clear he is all in on Lander for good reason.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is a big year on the court for the Hoosiers, it will definitely benefit or damage recruiting.  Lander is watching close what they do this year.  If the Hoosiers make progress I think he will be a Hoosier.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Like it or not if we don't show something this year....Archie will be in the proverbial window of he may not be there. Recruiting will take a hit. Can't imagine this easy thought is exclusive to this board. IU has to win this year. Show the improvement. If not...Archie will be in year 3 with no tourneys and even I could make a point why not to go to Bloomington despite all the extras. 

Archived