Quincy Guerrier Cuts IU

Yeah I’m not sure how that would work out. Maybe we were on him earlier before we landed our grad transfer? Not sure how a kid that has missed all offseason program and half the season could come in and play right away for us considering how deep we should be especially going into 2019 if we land Brooks and TJD. Back up plan for next year maybe? Interesting case...probably trying to get a jump on the NBA.

Kids have come in mid season.  It's happened before. Other programs for sure.  Thinking of Angel Garcia from East Chicago, a decade back.   His was academic issues, due to a language barrier.  However, coaches' discretion, in terms of what kid can contribute to a program in need of a slot.   However, I don't see the need in this case.

I would think he would go to a program that he could play/contribute right away and likely have a scholarship available. Sounds like there are a couple leaders in the club house for him already. I would think these kids if they are wanting to get to the NBA quickly would go to a power conference school and one that might be rebuilding like Illinois where he wouldn't have to fight for playing time or one he would be a good fit for. He would have to be uber talented to move up the depth chart on our team after missing half the season imo....but Archie must know some things we don't if he is in on him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived