2021 Recruiting Hub

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

I can’t take anything away from that. I’ve seen local HS teams down here that would have whooped that Toronto team...and i live in Kentucky! Saying nothing about my old HS team. The other Indiana 2020 team were winning games by like 75 points...it goes to show all AAU stats aren’t equal...why even travel to that tournament when you could play a pickup game against a local HS team and get better competition. SMH

Those were pool games.  Presumably, the competition will get tougher on Sunday, when they start playing the winners from the other pools.  In addition, the Chicago site is one of 5 'qualifiers' nationally that are played.  I;m not sure how that works, but would assume the the top teams from each qualifier will meet up later to compete nationally.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Those were pool games.  Presumably, the competition will get tougher on Sunday, when they start playing the winners from the other pools.  In addition, the Chicago site is one of 5 'qualifiers' nationally that are played.  I;m not sure how that works, but would assume the the top teams from each qualifier will meet up later to compete nationally.

Thanks...that would make sense...but again it also goes back to my point that all AAU stats aren’t equal. When these kids go up with their other elites just like HS stats that is their measuring stick...not the other 20 games against marginal competition racking up 35pts per game.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Nice 2021 class update from our hard-working HSN member @The Daily Hoosier

The top 3 players of Lander, Furst, Kaufman with IU offers, plus several others.      spinning-dunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-offers-top-three-class-of-2021-in-state-players-before-junior-seasons/

Pretty cool emoji, 22. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, btownqb said:

9 Indiana kids in the top 175 on 247. 

Kids not listed that will still be playing D1- Hopf, Sisley, Montgomery (baseball more than likely), Jacobi.. can't get over how deep this class is. 

Basketball renaissance in Indiana. Honestly IU, Butler, Purdue, ND if we can keep our own there is more than enough for everyone and for each uni to really benefit from that class. I think all our teams will see real results out of that class in a few years and these kids will lead several of our state teams to NCAA success. (Just hope IU gets the pick of the litter).

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Basketball renaissance in Indiana. Honestly IU, Butler, Purdue, ND if we can keep our own there is more than enough for everyone and for each uni to really benefit from that class. I think all our teams will see real results out of that class in a few years and these kids will lead several of our state teams to NCAA success. (Just hope IU gets the pick of the litter).

Oh absolutely 

• Like 1