2021 Recruiting Hub

Something has got to give soon. Either Archie is going to have to break away from the mold he is recruiting for his wings or I’m not sure we will ever see us turn the corner. We might have to give a little on the defensive side to land some pure shooters. I know we would love to land perfect players but these guys 75-150 have parts of their games that aren’t complete and it seems shooting is the part we have been willing to sacrifice. How all these other schools can find a couple pure shooters and we can’t is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
More info on who was at the game and who IU is taking a good long look at right now.

Thank you! Couple kids I hadn't seen us mentioned with. Nice to see a good representation at the ball game. Last two games the atmosphere was fantastic and the play overall was really good so I think those kids came away pretty impressed that watched the MSU and Maryland games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
More info on who was at the game and who IU is taking a good long look at right now.

Thanks as always.  I could be wrong, but Mohammed looks taller than 6'4".  I would guess 6'5" plus at least and maybe pushing 6'6".  That's assuming Archie is 5'10".

What a load of talent.  Great to see IU as a program on the rise for these recruits.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

No. The option is on the table for Lander to reclassify to the 2020 class but that is it. 

Not completely true actually. We are also on Carter Whitt who is more likely than Lander to reclassify to 2020 according to experts and I'm pretty sure I saw we are in contact with a JUCO Pg somewhere but could be wrong there.

6 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Not completely true actually. We are also on Carter Whitt who is more likely than Lander to reclassify to 2020 according to experts and I'm pretty sure I saw we are in contact with a JUCO Pg somewhere but could be wrong there.

7 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

That's a bit disappointing.  It would be nice to have a back up plan. Devonte will be gone.  Then we have Rob and Al.  If one of those guys goes down we are screwed.  Am I missing something? 

Yes Whitt has an IU offer but nothing connecting him to IU since the offer. The Juco PG was looked at by the staff and they could still be watching but he doesn’t have an IU offer so it doesn’t sound serious. Grad Transfer is the most likely option but that won’t be looked at until the season is over unless they get involved with some unforeseen high school kid between now and then.

12 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

Not an original thought here by any means, but if Lander does not reclassify, then this roster is desperately in need of a grad transfer back-up PG. Someone who would be content with contributing off the bench at a potential top 10-20 B1G team in 2020-21, ideally with a 3-and-D type skill set.

If we was to land a nice back up pg that plays good defense and is a legit 3pt threat I would go on record to say we would contend for a B1G Championship next year....we should be that strong coming back.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is super early to be thinking about, but I'm curious what everyone's feeling like about the '21 class so far. I know tons can change on how in/out we are on someone or a new name could pop up, but want to know what you think the '21 class would be if signing day were tomorrow or this week. What would you say the perfect recruiting class would look like and what would you say your actually expected class would look like?

For the perfect one, I mean perfect among guys we're actually in the hunt for and not just the top 4 of the top 100 rankings. Myself, I think perfect would be Lander, Mohammad, Furst, Wesley and the expected would be Lander, Kaufman, Wesley, and Duncomb. Just my gut from stuff here and who we are competing with on 24/7, expected may be a little too hopeful but idk

Edited by PritchardPutBack

2 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I know this is super early to be thinking about, but I'm curious what everyone's feeling like about the '21 class so far. I know tons can change on how in/out we are on someone or a new name could pop up, but want to know what you think the '21 class would be if signing day were tomorrow or this week. What would you say the perfect recruiting class would look like and what would you say your actually expected class would look like?

For the perfect one, I mean perfect among guys we're actually in the hunt for and not just the top 4 of the top 100 rankings. Myself, I think perfect would be Lander, Mohammad, Furst, Wesley and the expected would be Lander, Kaufman, Wesley, and Duncomb. Just my gut from stuff here and who we are competing with on 24/7, expected may be a little too hopeful but idk

Two very different things. I will say this. Archie seems to be making it pretty clear we are losing a non senior. Not naming names but I imagine it’s the only guy that fell out of the rotation this year. Leave it at that. So that gives us 5 scholarships. Perfect is Lander a 20 or 21 signing. Then Furst, Kaufman, Muhammad, Wesley.

likely...I’d say Lander, Kaufman, Dumcomb, Wesley. I’ll leave the last spot open. Hard to say a 5* out of state is likely but I think we have as good if not better chance with Muhammad as we did with Garcia.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...