2021 Recruiting Hub

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone know about this Brayden Sipple kid? Finished his visit to Kentucky this past weekend. Will be in attendance for 2nd visit tonight.

Apparently a late bloomer.  According to 247, his only offer at this point is Detroit.  For UK to now be interested, that is a significant jump.  Has not yet cracked 247's rankings either.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone know about this Brayden Sipple kid? Finished his visit to Kentucky this past weekend. Will be in attendance for 2nd visit tonight.

He's leading the state of Ohio in scoring and apparently has a chance to break the all time state record.  Basically is the Ohio equivalent of Luke Brown because he plays at a small school only Sipple is 6'4".

Edited by Vincent14
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

He's leading the state of Ohio in scoring and apparently has a chance to break the all time school record.  Basically is the Ohio equivalent of Luke Brown because he plays at a small school only Sipple is 6'4".

So he can dunk?  Right?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

He's leading the state of Ohio in scoring and apparently has a chance to break the all time school record.  Basically is the Ohio equivalent of Luke Brown because he plays at a small school only Sipple is 6'4".

So he's more Jon Diebler than the Jay Burson that Luke appears to currently be, to use an Ohio reference. 

This is just to stir it up.  Jake LaRavia went to Indiana State and just killed it.  He averaged about 10 and 6 boards, and can also shoot (37-38% from 3) at 6'8.  He is a very good player.  If he wants to try a bigger conference and stage, I would be very interested.  He would have three years.  He kind of blew up last spring.  If he stays at ISU, he will probably crush it in the MoVal.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is just to stir it up.  Jake LaRavia went to Indiana State and just killed it.  He averaged about 10 and 6 boards, and can also shoot (37-38% from 3) at 6'8.  He is a very good player.  If he wants to try a bigger conference and stage, I would be very interested.  He would have three years.  He kind of blew up last spring.  If he stays at ISU, he will probably crush it in the MoVal.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I was wondering the same thing. I know it could just be an iu football thing or really nothing in general, but Rabjohns tweeting this made me curious

The spring game is coming up plus the B1G tournament and IHSAA regionals are this week. I’m sure there is a lot of stuff they’ll be doing with that.

9 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I was wondering the same thing. I know it could just be an iu football thing or really nothing in general, but Rabjohns tweeting this made me curious

AD announcement maybe.  247 has an article today.  Headline read Notable developments happening this week in IUs AD search.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

AD announcement maybe.  247 has an article today.  Headline read Notable developments happening this week in IUs AD search.

Go Hoosiers!!!

So, I get to pay for info that I would be able to get 45 seconds later for free.  

What a deal!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Take a look at Indiana's top class of 2021 targets right now, in order of likelihood of a commitment.

In addition to Lander....if we land those next 3 that would be unreal and honestly 2 of those 3 I'm still feeling really good. Nice write up!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

In addition to Lander....if we land those next 3 that would be unreal and honestly 2 of those 3 I'm still feeling really good. Nice write up!

I think it is a very strong possiblity to get Kaufman, Duncomb and at maybe Mohammed. That is a strong class still would have room for a Barnhizer or Goode.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Take a look at Indiana's top class of 2021 targets right now, in order of likelihood of a commitment.

image.gif.ff34210c492cef64c03a323682eb6fc4.gif

Me when looking at Kaufman and Duncomb’s 3PT %. Man we could use a big man spreading the floor. 

Kaufman: Junior stats:  25.8 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.6 bpg, 1.1 spg, 64% FG, 40% 3FG, 75% FT

Duncomb: Junior stats:  13.8 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 1.6 bpg, 69.9% FG, 42.9% 3FG, 67.3% FT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

image.gif.ff34210c492cef64c03a323682eb6fc4.gif

Me when looking at Kaufman and Duncomb’s 3PT %. Man we could use a big man spreading the floor. 

Kaufman: Junior stats:  25.8 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.6 bpg, 1.1 spg, 64% FG, 40% 3FG, 75% FT

Duncomb: Junior stats:  13.8 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 1.6 bpg, 69.9% FG, 42.9% 3FG, 67.3% FT

I think these two have the potential to really play off each other.  With Duncomb, to me there is a lot of projection. He’s got a heck of a frame, but you can envision what that will look like as he matures physically and grows into his body.  I believe that his high school coach raved about his motor.  Pair a kid like that with the skilled Kaufman and that is a dynamic duo.  Kaufman plays with length and versatile skills.  If I were either one of them, I’d look to play with a player just like the other one.   If they don’t end up meshing on the floor, call me out on it, but I think that’s a very complementary combo.  Imagine both of them at 6’10.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3