2021 Recruiting Hub

23 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Yes...but apparently his Dad wants him to play else where

Unless you are coaching the South Central Louisiana State Mud Dogs or Texas State Armadilos.....or even worse, Purdue;  wouldnt you think a coach would want his son to play for him??

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Unless you are coaching the South Central Louisiana State Mud Dogs or Texas State Armadilos.....or even worse, Purdue;  wouldnt you think a coach would want his son to play for him??

He's probably realized that Penny isn't much of a coach.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Being an assistant coach maybe he don’t like what’s going on at Memphis....its early in this recruitment plenty of time to decide what he wants to do

20200325_125314.jpg

Edited by HoosierJax
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think these two have the potential to really play off each other.  With Duncomb, to me there is a lot of projection. He’s got a heck of a frame, but you can envision what that will look like as he matures physically and grows into his body.  I believe that his high school coach raved about his motor.  Pair a kid like that with the skilled Kaufman and that is a dynamic duo.  Kaufman plays with length and versatile skills.  If I were either one of them, I’d look to play with a player just like the other one.   If they don’t end up meshing on the floor, call me out on it, but I think that’s a very complementary combo.  Imagine both of them at 6’10.  

They both play AAU for Indiana Elite, so whether they mesh on the floor should be obvious one way or the other.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Sorry I typed that in a hurry. News on Lander moving to 2021, and one more 2021 recruit should drop soon. Not two reclassifying. We are at the point where kids don’t want to risk not getting a spot on this team. We are going to be loaded. 

Lander is currently 2021, did you mean moving to 2020?  That’s what he’s working on right now. 

9 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Sorry I typed that in a hurry. News on Lander moving to 2021, and one more 2021 recruit should drop soon. Not two reclassifying. We are at the point where kids don’t want to risk not getting a spot on this team. We are going to be loaded. 

So given the circumstances, it’s more likely Lander stays in 2021 class instead of reclassifying to 2020?

37 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Sorry I typed that in a hurry. News on Lander moving to 2020, and one more 2021 recruit should drop soon. Not two reclassifying. We are at the point where kids don’t want to risk not getting a spot on this team. We are going to be loaded. 

Thanks! Total control by our staff right now. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Sorry I typed that in a hurry. News on Lander moving to 2020, and one more 2021 recruit should drop soon. Not two reclassifying. We are at the point where kids don’t want to risk not getting a spot on this team. We are going to be loaded. 

We don’t have an emoji strong enough to show how much I like this post.  By the way, when RTZ speaks, definitely listen.  I have noted  over many years that his accuracy is superb.

As for the loaded roster, the nice thing is how well it is coming together in terms of complementary players, hard workers, tough kids, and a core (not everybody, but a lot) that look to be four year players.  You then sprinkle in some guys who might be inclined to leave early like TJD, Lander and hopefully Aminu.  To my way of thinking, these are  the ideal traits for excellent recruiting that will really set you up.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Enough can’t be said for how important Ostrom is to this staff. He’s been the key piece for several important commits in the Archie era. He does a terrific job of knowing who the key players are in a recruitment and being laser focused on building those relationships early. If he’s the lead recruiter on a kid who lives in Indiana and that kid tells the media that IU is recruiting them the hardest, the odds are pretty favorable for IU as he’s been able to close most of those kids. 

Welcome aboard @hoosierfan34!

1 hour ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Enough can’t be said for how important Ostrom is to this staff. He’s been the key piece for several important commits in the Archie era. He does a terrific job of knowing who the key players are in a recruitment and being laser focused on building those relationships early. If he’s the lead recruiter on a kid who lives in Indiana and that kid tells the media that IU is recruiting them the hardest, the odds are pretty favorable for IU as he’s been able to close most of those kids. 

Yeah I have never understood why some in the fanbase are unhappy with him.