2021 Recruiting Hub

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Nice story on Kooper Jacobi.

And, there is some direct references to Kaufman that support what @hoosierfan34says above.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-jacobi-ready-for-senior-season/article_9cd66f4c-c0a6-11ea-b148-9f5b590e7446.html

Love love to see him at Bellarmine with Coach Scott Davenport. Won't take long before he has that program at the top of their conference.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't say who would make it a good day?

No, basically it was another twitter account saying when everyone thinks the next news break will happen since it’s been quiet and Coach just responded like “November 17th” which I think is the first day of the early signing period. 

I think it’s safe to assume it’s either Trey, Mason, or Aminu. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

No, basically it was another twitter account saying when everyone thinks the next news break will happen since it’s been quiet and Coach just responded like “November 17th” which I think is the first day of the early signing period. 

Or perhaps 2 of the three! 👍

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I thik Aminu has stated that he would commit in December

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Few tidbits.

I am not getting that warm fuzzy feeling anymore on Mason Miller. Still think there is a shot but he is being sold as the guy at Creighton. 

Really like and am pretty confident in landing both TK and AM. If we don't its not from lack of effort for sure. Both camps really like our staff, and what they are being told. If they go somewhere else its just a matter of what they feel is best overall.  As of today we are in a great position with both. Close the deal Coach

In regards to MM. being the guy means nothing if it doesn’t give you a great chance to get drafted high in the NBA draft. There have been only two first round draft picks for Creighton since 1985 and both of them were stone cold killer shooters. MM is not that and going to Creighton doesn’t give him the chances of getting drafted high like at IU no matter how relevant IU is or not. 

30433829-20B3-4693-8347-057D3FA216E6.png

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Few tidbits.

I am not getting that warm fuzzy feeling anymore on Mason Miller. Still think there is a shot but he is being sold as the guy at Creighton. 

Really like and am pretty confident in landing both TK and AM. If we don't its not from lack of effort for sure. Both camps really like our staff, and what they are being told. If they go somewhere else its just a matter of what they feel is best overall.  As of today we are in a great position with both. Close the deal Coach

Thanks for this!

Do you think TK is a fall commit? I just saw Eric Bossi do a mailbag himself and said he thinks there’s still a long way to go in his recruitment.

Just now, Hoosierdave said:

Thanks for this!

Do you think TK is a fall commit? I just saw Eric Bossi do a mailbag himself and said he thinks there’s still a long way to go in his recruitment.

Still believe it happens before start of his season. Several on here including @5fouls have ssid the same. Not heard anything to make me think that has changed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

In regards to MM. being the guy means nothing if it doesn’t give you a great chance to get drafted high in the NBA draft. There have been only two first round draft picks for Creighton since 1985 and both of them were stone cold killer shooters. MM is not that and going to Creighton doesn’t give him the chances of getting drafted high like at IU no matter how relevant IU is or not. 

30433829-20B3-4693-8347-057D3FA216E6.png

Don't think I'd label Benoit Benjamin a "stone cold killer shooter"

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel like Aminu is a long shot. We have the only CB pick, we're always mentioned as one of his main schools, and Rivals listed us as the #1 contender for him. I will say, though, the CB pick and Rivals listing us as the #1 contender are probably just guesses. This recruitment hasn't been easy to read, which all of the recruiting guys have said as well. Seems like his guardian likes IU a lot, along with Aminu. Hopefully we can get him.

• Like 1