2021 Recruiting Hub

3 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

So who tf is going to fill out the remainder of this class?  Aminu seems like a long shot.  Miller 50/50.  After that?  Who's even on the radar?

Like many people has said there are many avenues this year espeically to fill your roster out.  Your own seniors can come back for another year since essentially everyone is getting a redshirt this year.  You have the new ruke where you don't have to sit out a year if you transfer.  You have your grad transfers and there are a lot of recruits who will wait until the spring to decide.

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What I have read it will be implemented after this season.

Yes but I’ve heard IU has pretty strict transfer rules. It’s why we haven’t seen a ton of transfers over the years. Maybe someone that knows the specifics can explain but I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket.

• Like 3

Anyone know of anyone we are still actively recruiting for 2021 other than AM and MM?  I'm not freaking out because there are still so many options with players still uncommitted, transfers, and reclasses but regardless I think we should at least know about some other names.  I'm pretty sure we are talking to that big from Finland or whatever but not sure if he'll get an offer.  Another 2021 name I remember is Nate Johnson from Ohio.  He is currently ranked 266 on 247sports but I remember he was on the verge of breaking out over the summer.  If he does well this school season and we miss on AM I could see us taking him.  I know @CoachSS even preferred him to AM over the summer and would love to hear how he thinks he's come along.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think he is more important than Aminu M. at this point.  Need size and shooting.

Its going to be interesting to see who the staff makes a strong push for as it might be a sign to what is happening with the roster in the future.  I beleive they wanted Trey K...because of skill, upside and best Indiana kid available after Lander reclassified.

I'm not sure who they are recruiting hard since everything is quiet.  I'm thinking there will be some surprise recruits that Hunter might be connected to.  Time will tell.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Its going to be interesting to see who the staff makes a strong push for as it might be a sign to what is happening with the roster in the future.  I beleive they wanted Trey K...because of skill, upside and best Indiana kid available after Lander reclassified.

I'm not sure who they are recruiting hard since everything is quiet.  I'm thinking there will be some surprise recruits that Hunter might be connected to.  Time will tell.  

Surprise late recruits tend to be April and Tijan not Trey K. CAM misses on the last 2, this class is a mess, when for 2 years now its been wait until the 21' class comes to save the day. I cant see Brunk staying a 6th year, i'm sure he wants a pay check before SSI, like wise with Al. Hell if Freddie McSwain can get someone to give him money to play so can Al. I'm holding out hope CAM can pull it off down the stretch without having to bring in other teams Justin Smith's to build a roster.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Surprise late recruits tend to be April and Tijan not Trey K. CAM misses on the last 2, this class is a mess, when for 2 years now its been wait until the 21' class comes to save the day. I cant see Brunk staying a 6th year, i'm sure he wants a pay check before SSI, like wise with Al. Hell if Freddie McSwain can get someone to give him money to play so can Al. I'm holding out hope CAM can pull it off down the stretch without having to bring in other teams Justin Smith's to build a roster.

I disagree, but that's what creats conversation.  Those recruits mentione above are surprise recruits under Crean.  This is Miller, much different.  Look at the recruits already, Lander included.  And, look at this roster it is balanced and has a strong underclassman nucleus to go with upperclassman.  IU has a rising center committed, a role guy with plus upside.  I think everthing will work itself out.    

• Like 1

I don't see Mason as a must get.  The classes leading up to '21 have been strong.  If we have a down class I think it is survivable without too much detrimental impact as long as the '19 and '20 classes meet or exceed expectations and the '22 class has to be strong.  If '22 is down as well, then we are in trouble.  If we get Mason, great.  I think he would be a great get, and it would definitely make me feel better everything.  Definitely stings though if we loose out on 3 or 4 of the top targets for the '21 class.  

I think it is a bit early to panic; we missed on one recruit. What we need from this class depends on whether TJD is going pro or not.

If TJD is not going pro, then we are replacing Brunk and Al Durham. I hope that improvements and increased minutes of internal options at the 2/3 can replace Al and Logan can mitigate the loss of Brunk. If we land anybody solid (e.g., Miller, Aminu), we should be upgraded significantly in terms of talent. 

If TJD is going pro, then we definitely need a big pick up still in this class.

8 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I think it is a bit early to panic; we missed on one recruit. What we need from this class depends on whether TJD is going pro or not.

If TJD is not going pro, then we are replacing Brunk and Al Durham. I hope that improvements and increased minutes of internal options at the 2/3 can replace Al and Logan can mitigate the loss of Brunk. If we land anybody solid (e.g., Miller, Aminu), we should be upgraded significantly in terms of talent. 

If TJD is going pro, then we definitely need a big pick up still in tihs.

If they want to Brunk and Al can both come back next year.  Also with the new transfer rule we will see even more transfers since they won't have to sit out the year.

7 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I hate the thought of being in a position where that avenue is our only hope.

Not to quote Sampson...but you get the great one's for a year maybe two on front end....or get one on the back end. I don't want to become Iowa St or now Nebraska...but I don't have a problem grabbing one here or there.

So can anyone explain why IU is said to have issues on the transfer front. I’ve heard numerous people mention (academics/rules) have inhibited us many times on being a major player on that front. People keeps saying we can bring in transfers but it just doesn’t seem to match what I’ve heard in the past. Anyone expand on this?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cybergates said:

If we "get old, stay old" like it has been said CAM wants, then we better get used to missing out on recruits/classes from time to time. Many recruits nowadays don't want to sit at all, so they won't commit to a "old"/veteran team with multiple players in front of them on the depth chart. 

As long as the old players are 4 year guys like Yogi and Morgan and not Green, Newkirk, Johnson or like say Smith would have been.  We need the guys that stay to be difference makers and leaders and not cancers or scholarship eaters.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So can anyone explain why IU is said to have issues on the transfer front. I’ve heard numerous people mention (academics/rules) have inhibited us many times on being a major player on that front. People keeps saying we can bring in transfers but it just doesn’t seem to match what I’ve heard in the past. Anyone expand on this?

I don’t have that answer and never really thought about this (now) obvious fact.  We have had a lot of difference makers leave, but I can only think of 1 coming to us....Marco killlingsworth.  Am I missing more?  Doubt it, but hopefully someone has some insight cause it’s an interesting question. 

• Like 1