2021 Recruiting Hub

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Putting this here to not get that other thread on the first page. Just heard Rabby say, and I like the comparison, that TK made his decision basically he preferred to perform off Broadway then on Broadway.  Might be something to it. Maybe did not want or need that spotlight like Romeo received.  Take it for what its worth.b

Makes sense. Some kids aren't ready or capable of the stage. Some are. I don't think it's anything earth shattering that Bloomington is a tough stage. Some can handle and some choose a different path. No harm no foul but at it's core....I believe what Rabby says has some merit. 

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Putting this here to not get that other thread on the first page. Just heard Rabby say, and I like the comparison, that TK made his decision basically he preferred to perform off Broadway then on Broadway.  Might be something to it. Maybe did not want or need that spotlight like Romeo received.  Take it for what its worth.b

Did Archie not tell him we're a football school now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Question...So, TJD leaves after this season to try the NBA...We have Logan only incoming recruit...Are we going emergency juco transfer shopping for next year class? I can also assume there could be a transfer or two per stats across college basketball landscape...INCLUDING this program...Is it too early to hope we have some hidden gems among the walk-ons?

They would probably be hitting the transfer market which will likely be full of options. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If we enter the 21-22 season with Race and Logan as our two bigs we will def need to get a transfer.  Hunter could play the four but other than that noone else could play down low.  Maybe Geronimo given his length but we'd be going really small.  

Isn't it at least possible that Brunk comes back?

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

They would probably be hitting the transfer market which will likely be full of options. 

Agree. I think the answer to replacing TJD is Logan + transfer.  Also - Brunk and Al may come back ... so if IU strikes out the remainder of 2021 ... not awful.  Not great, but not program-ending.     

Will need a big restock in 2022. 

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Ugh...here we go....this forum quickly becomes a group-think only model in a hurry....dissenters must be silenced!!! IU fans who dare to question must be exiled! Give it a rest....2021 class minus Logan has been a failure if you look solely on recruits that were needed/wanted...if anything, that opinion is at MINIMUM debatable....questioning loyalty is pathetic

To me we got the top guy in the 21 class in Lander but just a year early.  When people talked about this class it was with Lander in mind and he was in the 21 class.  Even when he committed he was part of the 21 class so in my mind we got the best in this class.  So to me a class of Lander and Duncomb is a good class and if we add Muhammad it would be a very good class.

As for the guy I responded to he is not an IU fan but a troll from another team.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

To me we got the top guy in the 21 class in Lander but just a year early.  When people talked about this class it was with Lander in mind and he was in the 21 class.  Even when he committed he was part of the 21 class so in my mind we got the best in this class.  So to me a class of Lander and Duncomb is a good class and if we add Muhammad it would be a very good class.

As for the guy I responded to he is not an IU fan but a troll from another team.

I think there's an analytic to explain what you just said :) 

11 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Ugh...here we go....this forum quickly becomes a group-think only model in a hurry....dissenters must be silenced!!! IU fans who dare to question must be exiled! Give it a rest....2021 class minus Logan has been a failure if you look solely on recruits that were needed/wanted...if anything, that opinion is at MINIMUM debatable....questioning loyalty is pathetic

Mike is at best a troll.  

I'm super disappointed in losing TK since I'm a silver creek grad, was childhood friends with his mom, living a quarter mile down the road from each other as kids, going k-12 together.  I really wanted him, even before he blew up into a national stud.  

With all that said.  2020 and 2021 is going to be super unusual.  Open transfer market.  Player likeness money coming of age.  Possible end of one and done era as we know it.  All current players get another year of eligibility.  It's crazy.  What a deck of hands.  Lots of unknowns.  

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Hate Purdue but they know how to recruit players who fit their system.Indiana hit and miss will know this year if we are on track.

Why are you an Indiana fan? I haven’t seen you say anything positive at all ever about Indiana. Instead of being so negative why don’t you try just letting situations play out.

5 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Why are you an Indiana fan? I haven’t seen you say anything positive at all ever about Indiana. Instead of being so negative why don’t you try just letting situations play out.

I doubt he realizes that fans can influence recruits for the good and the bad.  If the fans are always negative and calling for the coaches head everyday it will hurt as much as anything.  This fan base can be a huge asset with how loyal we can be and the huge following of the basketball program.  It also can be a negative as well especially now with social media and more people can spout out non sense