2021 Recruiting Hub

3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Except for AM, is there anyone else in this class IU is talking to?  Or are we just about ready to close the book on this class?

Not as of right now but I would think he might look into any unsigned players.  Also could look at recruits in the spring where a coach gets fired.

10 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Except for AM, is there anyone else in this class IU is talking to?  Or are we just about ready to close the book on this class?

In today's recruiting world the book is never closed. They have one guy still on the radar and whether he signs or not they will be looking to add. They really need some size. The good news, depending on how you view it, is there are always guys looking to jump from one program to another and it sounds like the rules will be changed to make that even easier. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

So...we have one recruit signed.  We aren't actively recruiting anyone, except Aminu.  It appears we aren't leading for him at the moment.  This will be hard to recover from unless something significant changes. 

Plenty of time and with transfers and our own seniors being able to come back.  Had a thread where IU has checked into a transfer who originally played at Pitt

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Plenty of time and with transfers and our own seniors being able to come back.  Had a thread where IU has checked into a transfer who originally played at Pitt

You are assuming A) we won't have our own transfers, B) seniors don't move on with their life to another career, C) we actually land an impact transfer.  Even if all that breaks our way we end up with imbalanced classes, something that plagued Crean. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the Illinois Baylor game, baylor has key players who were transfers, I think.  

IU won a championship with two JUCO kids.

Can be a good get and sky isn't falling.  However, you got to get impact kids when on the market.  

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Watching the Illinois Baylor game, baylor has key players who were transfers, I think.  

IU won a championship with two JUCO kids.

Can be a good get and sky isn't falling.  However, you got to get impact kids when on the market.  

Yes there 3 best players are all transfers and two are from the Big South Conference and the other from Auburn

17 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

You are assuming A) we won't have our own transfers, B) seniors don't move on with their life to another career, C) we actually land an impact transfer.  Even if all that breaks our way we end up with imbalanced classes, something that plagued Crean. 

A...Archie has had a transfer out every year he has been here...sometimes more than 1. B. Just as likely kid will leave after graduating then stay...either way it’s 50-50 at best. C. We probably would have an opening in the front court...backcourt very crowded by upper clansman. Little minutes there...and a front court player is probably/definitely won’t be as good as likely losingTJD. 
Basically would need to hit a royal flush to see a real large impact if we are depending on these factors improving the roster next year.

3 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

But we don’t because every single player gets this year free so we actually can pretend that all of the freshmen are redshirt freshmen. So technically next year besides Duncomb we are technically getting Leal, Geronimo, Galloway, and Lander. That’s a 5 kid recruiting class haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

But we don’t because every single player gets this year free so we actually can pretend that all of the freshmen are redshirt freshmen. So technically next year besides Duncomb we are technically getting Leal, Geronimo, Galloway, and Lander. That’s a 5 kid recruiting class haha.

Unless those kids graduate early and say Leal perhaps wants to get his masters at Stanford or something. I don’t think we can make many assumptions at all about our roster long term. Just what we have now and what is coming in...but in 3-4 years all our freshman might want to be grad transfers...unless we change our name to Wisconsin I just don’t know kids are going to stick around for 5 years.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Unless those kids graduate early and say Leal perhaps wants to get his masters at Stanford or something. I don’t think we can make many assumptions at all about our roster long term. Just what we have now and what is coming in...but in 3-4 years all our freshman might want to be grad transfers...unless we change our name to Wisconsin I just don’t know kids are going to stick around for 5 years.

Hahahahaha true 

• 3 weeks later...

I hope not. I hope CAM can land at least one more big in a transfer or recruit. I mean seriously PU can get these 7 footers that become serviceable to monsters year 3 and 4. Wisconsin does the same thing with their bigs. I hope CAM can start to enter into that line of recruiting even though I know he likes fleet footed bigs to run his up tempo offense.

Edited by ButlerHoosier

Not going to go back and quote from 2 years ago but so many on this board myself included said 21 was best high school class in Indiana since ______________. This class will be the 1 that puts CAM over the top etc... Now many of those same posters not me this time, are makes excuses that its ok no.big deal etc... My good PU buddy reminds me on a regular about all the "Archie locked the state down" and the fact that we have not beaten PU with CAM. I am curious why those people that said all those things about all these in state kids are fine that we landed 1 good player from Ohio. In which I like a lot. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

many on this board myself included said 21 was best high school class in Indiana since ______________.

But to be fair, when everybody was saying that, Lander was in that class, right?

Sure, I would have loved to have signed one of Kaufman, Furst, or Goode...Just didn't work out...

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But to be fair, when everybody was saying that, Lander was in that class, right?

Sure, I would have loved to have signed one of Kaufman, Furst, or Goode...Just didn't work out...

That point is more than fair and valid. We have not shown we can beat PU with better recruits now what is going to happen when they beat us in recruiting as well. I try to be optimistic but we are no closer to winning the conference now than we were 5 years ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

That point is more than fair and valid. We have not shown we can beat PU with better recruits now what is going to happen when they beat us in recruiting as well. I try to be optimistic but we are no closer to winning the conference now than we were 5 years ago.

I definitely see your point, but I'll also point out that a few of the kids we've recruited, namely Galloway and Leal, are the kinds of kids that PU has been using to whip our hind ends for 6 years...Winners who are tough, coachable kids...Team players...Maybe not highly ranked out of high school, but the kinds of kids you need that'll stay for 4 years and build a team around with some top 80 kids...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I definitely see your point, but I'll also point out that a few of the kids we've recruited, namely Galloway and Leal, are the kinds of kids that PU has been using to whip our hind ends for 6 years...Winners who are tough, coachable kids...Team players...Maybe not highly ranked out of high school, but the kinds of kids you need that'll stay for 4 years and build a team around with some top 80 kids...

I agree. I have been huge on Franklin, Galloway Leal and Duncomb. Those kids will help but we still need to land top 20 talent. What i find interesting is the blind loyalty that some people have to try to support their argument. As much as i.like Duncomb i for 1 can say the 21 class has been disappointing in what we have brought in

• Like 1