2021 Recruiting Hub

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If TJD returns, we're fine.  Still need a little more frontcourt depth, but having an all-american level player in the frontcourt limits the amount of bodies you need there.  If neither Brunk or TJD return, we're in trouble without a solid grad-transfer.

@Mike.  Admittedly, I play for laughs quite a bit on the forum.  And, sometimes when I'm not, I'll misspell a word, that creates an unintentional funny.  But, try as a might, I find nothing humorous about this post.  Care to enlighten me (and, probably everyone else), why the quoted post is funny.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If TJD returns, we're fine.  Still need a little more frontcourt depth, but having an all-american level player in the frontcourt limits the amount of bodies you need there.  If neither Brunk or TJD return, we're in trouble without a solid grad-transfer.

Agreed.  However, we could play "smaller" ball.

Don’t forget a 2022 can always reclassify to fill those voids. To me unless Brunk doesn’t want to play overseas he comes back next year to showcase himself

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@Mike.  Admittedly, I play for laughs quite a bit on the forum.  And, sometimes when I'm not, I'll misspell a word, that creates an unintentional funny.  But, try as a might, I find nothing humorous about this post.  Care to enlighten me (and, probably everyone else), why the quoted post is funny.

I have no clue what he brings.  Or why for that matter.  Why would you go to an opponents chat board and randomly hit the haha button on things that have zero ounce of humor.  What a life.  @Mike if you need a friend, just be friendly instead of trolly.  

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Is it reasonable or fair to imagine that the coaching staff knows this and is taking the appropriate steps in the area of transfers to answer that concern?  I also admit that I found it puzzling that IU didn't target a greater number of big men just in case we missed on Kaufman.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Is it reasonable or fair to imagine that the coaching staff knows this and is taking the appropriate steps in the area of transfers to answer that concern?  I also admit that I found it puzzling that IU didn't target a greater number of big men just in case we missed on Kaufman.  

Maybe they aren't concerned?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Absolutely the coaching staff is aware of this.  But, knowing it and sealing the deal with a transfer, let alone the perfect match like Bielfeldt was, are two different things.  We experienced the not so great match of team and transfer when we landed Fitzner.    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Absolutely the coaching staff is aware of this.  But, knowing it and sealing the deal with a transfer, let alone the perfect match like Bielfeldt was, are two different things.  We experienced the not so great match of team and transfer when we landed Fitzner.    

So, you're worried that our coaching staff isn't very strong/effective when it comes to recruiting?  Is that it?  

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So, you're worried that our coaching staff isn't very strong/effective when it comes to recruiting?  Is that it?  

Quit trying to bait me.  I simply said we are in danger of being shorthanded in the frontcourt next season.  You can try and twist that any way you want, but I'm not going to play the game.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Quit trying to bait me.  I simply said we are in danger of being shorthanded in the frontcourt next season.  You can try and twist that any way you want, but I'm not going to play the game.

I agree that we need help up front.  I think the coaching staff will address that need.  Maybe we have differing ideas of how difficult it will be to find that help.  I'm not trying to start anything.  Peace.  😊

• Like 2

We need a stud big man to replace TJD when he goes if we want to compete at a high level. It’s a shame we are losing out on the best Indiana recruits to Purdue.  2022 needs to be a solid class. Seems like we have a bunch of good kids now, lots of good role players. This team could really use another highly talented player to match what these other teams are putting on the court. I like good defense, but scoring points makes everything easier. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

We need a stud big man to replace TJD when he goes if we want to compete at a high level. It’s a shame we are losing out on the best Indiana recruits to Purdue.  2022 needs to be a solid class. Seems like we have a bunch of good kids now, lots of good role players. This team could really use another highly talented player to match what these other teams are putting on the court. I like good defense, but scoring points makes everything easier. 

Logan, maybe Brunk, and a transfer will suffice.  Doesn’t have to be a mega stud - just serviceable IMO.  

getting Parker is solid and can help offset the MM/TK loss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

Losing out to Purdue on the best Indiana recruits? Since when? Not last year or the year before. 

9 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

We lose one recruit to Purdue and then the sky is falling lol

Right..I for one don’t care for those who say we can’t count Lander in this class...he’s 17 and being eased in. It’s obvious he isn’t a one and done. 

That means this class is essentially a top 1-2 PG and a top 10 C. Add in a transfer of Stewart...that’s actually pretty darn good. 

plus add in how the team looks to have made some strides offensively and the defense is really good so far, I’m feeling good about the direction of the team.

• Like 4