2021 Recruiting Hub

• 3 weeks later...

SEVEN top 100 players from Indiana in the latest 247 Composite rankings for 2021.

Kristian Lander - 18

Caleb Furst - 31

Trey Kaufman - 72

Luke Goode - 75

Blake Wesley - 86

Pierce Thomas - 87

Jalen Blackmon - 91

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

SEVEN top 100 players from Indiana in the latest 247 Composite rankings for 2021.

Kristian Lander - 18

Caleb Furst - 31

Trey Kaufman - 72

Luke Goode - 75

Blake Wesley - 86

Pierce Thomas - 87

Jalen Blackmon - 91

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Nice list...hope IU lands at least three of those.  With classes like that, it's just impossible to "lock down the borders".

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Kristian Lander - 18

Caleb Furst - 31

Trey Kaufman - 72

Luke Goode - 75

Blake Wesley - 86

Pierce Thomas - 87

Jalen Blackmon - 91

Trey is closer to 6'9 than he is 6'7... and plays like it too. We need to offer.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 4:40 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Steve Green is one of the sharpest IU guys ever, if you listen to him. Son of a coach. He is a Silver Creek alum and vouches for Kaufman. That’s all I need to know.  

Steve was the reason I thought the 75 team was better than the 76 Championship team

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Kristian Lander - 18

Caleb Furst - 31

Trey Kaufman - 72

Luke Goode - 75

Blake Wesley - 86

Pierce Thomas - 87

Jalen Blackmon - 91

You can take that whole group and maybe win a championship maybe by their junior or senior year. Doesn’t even have Luke Brown on that list either. Loaded class.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, dgambill said:

Our scholarship grid looks like we should have another potential for a huge class in 21 with several openings available. With all these names amongst some other national prospects could be another mega class like the Rob/Romeo one.

Lander, Furst I know are the big priorities in 2021 but one of our very own tweeted out this morning that Trey Kauffman could be one of the best if not the best in 2021 class. Seems like that 2002 title run had some benefits to in state hoops talent. Seems like it could be one of the best classes to come along in awhile. Is that fair to say?

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lander, Furst I know are the big priorities in 2021 but one of our very own tweeted out this morning that Trey Kauffman could be one of the best if not the best in 2021 class. Seems like that 2002 title run had some benefits to in state hoops talent. Seems like it could be one of the best classes to come along in awhile. Is that fair to say?

Someone I know that has watched Kaufman a ton compares his game to a young, obviously less skilled version of Tim Duncan.   I know for a fact he's the epitome of team player, a great kid, strong pedigree that grew up IU people.  The question remains to me is what does HE want. IU's lack of success during his lifetime and UofL' s proximity and flash, I just don't know.  I think he'll stay close to home because family is huge to him.  If I had any say in the Hoosier coaching circle I'm pushing my chips in on Trey now before it's too late.  I promise this kid is going to keep improving for years and years to come.   He broke, I think, 2 bones in his right hand and he's working on dribbling, shooting, and passing with his left.  I hope IU goes all in on him by end of summer.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Seen the golf carts out at Cook Hall,anyone on Campus today for a visit?

They have been out every day since recruiting started again. I did see J.Hunter run today which warmed my heart. Also saw Race and the kid is getting huge.

Edited by Indykev
  • Thanks 7

45 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Given the recent spate of bad recruiting news, locking down the state in 2021 is looking like it may be even more critical for CAM's long-term prospects than originally thought...

If Archie does not have a good year next season and make the NCAA the 2021 class likely is not going to matter for him anyway. It all comes down to next season.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, 5fouls said:

Kristian Lander - 18

Caleb Furst - 31

Trey Kaufman - 72

Luke Goode - 75

Blake Wesley - 86

Pierce Thomas - 87

Jalen Blackmon - 91

I hope Archie does not waste most of his time on Lander and instead goes after the other guys. Lander will have Kentucky and all the top dogs after him so it will be very difficult to land him imo. 

2 hours ago, Bedford1432 said:

I hope Archie does not waste most of his time on Lander and instead goes after the other guys. Lander will have Kentucky and all the top dogs after him so it will be very difficult to land him imo. 

So now you're fine settling for lesser recruits?  Tomorrow, you'll probably be criticizing Archie for not trying and letting Lander get away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1