2021 Recruiting Hub

2 hours ago, Bedford1432 said:

I hope Archie does not waste most of his time on Lander and instead goes after the other guys. Lander will have Kentucky and all the top dogs after him so it will be very difficult to land him imo. 

Just like Archie shouldn't have wasted time on Romeo?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bedford1432 said:

I hope Archie does not waste most of his time on Lander and instead goes after the other guys. Lander will have Kentucky and all the top dogs after him so it will be very difficult to land him imo. 

Your opinion is different than mine.  😁

28 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Just like Archie shouldn't have wasted time on Romeo?

We likely would never of goeen  Romeo if UL did not the the scandal they had. At that point it was worth going after him and Archie was the new shiny coach at the time.  He can spen a ton of tmie going after Lander I am just saying he will be competing with Michigan State, UL, Duke, Kentucky, etc. 

45 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

So now you're fine settling for lesser recruits?  Tomorrow, you'll probably be criticizing Archie for not trying and letting Lander get away.

If he feels confident he can beat the likes of Kentucky and Duke for him then by all means invest the time. 

Edited by Bedford1432
as

4 hours ago, Bedford1432 said:

One of the most asinine, moronic posts that I have ever read. You will never get a player if you don't invest the time. He has been on campus several times on his own dime and has already built a good relationship with this staff. You COMPLAIN about the program not being where you think it should be but criticize actions taken to make it to that place. So, you have the ears of the fellow posters on this forum...let's hear your manifesto on how to get this program back to the level of your expectations. C'mon your turn. Wweeellll we're waiting!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

One of the most asinine, moronic posts that I have ever read. You will never get a player if you don't invest the time. He has been on campus several times on his own dime and has already built a good relationship with this staff. You COMPLAIN about the program not being where you think it should be but criticize actions taken to make it to that place. So, you have the ears of the fellow posters on this forum...let's hear your manifesto on how to get this program back to the level of your expectations. C'mon your turn. Wweeellll we're waiting!

I said most of his time. I never said do not recruit him.

24 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

Looking forward to future posts once you start saying what you really think without holding back.  :snack:

9781439199190_p0_v2_s600x595.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bedford1432 said:

We likely would never of goeen  Romeo if UL did not the the scandal they had. At that point it was worth going after him and Archie was the new shiny coach at the time.  He can spen a ton of tmie going after Lander I am just saying he will be competing with Michigan State, UL, Duke, Kentucky, etc. 

Or they will be competing against an IU program trending up😀

• Like 1

Indy Stars top 15 for 2021.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/05/09/indianas-2021-class-rankings-loaded-top-basketball-recruits-caleb-furst-khristian-lander/3590041002/

1. Furst

2. Lander

3. Kaufman

4. P. Thomas

5. Goode

6. Blackmon

7. Brewer

8. Wesley

9 J. Taylor

10. L. Brown'

11. Hughes

12. Hopf

13. K. Thpmson

14. Barnhizer

15 Jacobi

I'm surprised Colson Montgomery from Southridge is not listed 

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Indy Stars top 15 for 2021.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/05/09/indianas-2021-class-rankings-loaded-top-basketball-recruits-caleb-furst-khristian-lander/3590041002/

1. Furst

2. Lander

3. Kaufman

4. P. Thomas

5. Goode

6. Blackmon

7. Brewer

8. Wesley

9 J. Taylor

10. L. Brown'

11. Hughes

12. Hopf

13. K. Thpmson

14. Barnhizer

15 Jacobi

I'm surprised Colson Montgomery from Southridge is not listed 

That first four would be wonderful!! Add them to our core and Leal/Galloway and it would be a home run class lol. Sadly I doubt we could land all four.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, 5fouls said:

This is a terrific link.  Interesting that Luke Brown is #10.  Can't wait to see where he ends up.

Thank you again, @5fouls

Highlight video I found of the Indiana Elite 2021 squad from a game the played in Chicago earlier today.  They are wearing the orange uniforms and won 96-52.

Specific players of interest:

• Luke Brown #25 (also wearing t-shirt underneath to help you identify him)
  • Trey Kaufman #4
  • Keon Thompson #5 (we've not talked about him much, if at all, but he looked really good, especially on the defensive end)

https://www.ballertv.com/stream-highlights/indiana-elite-2021-defeats-mn-phenom-prodigy-elite-96-52?sport=basketball

1 hour ago, DocHoosier said:

Appreciate sharing that link. Clearly Indiana Elite is the substantially better team. But how can we glean anything from those highlights? I’ve seen better effort being played at the local YMCA.

I think more than anything, it emphasizes how strong the 2021 class in Indiana is.  This is a team that does not even have Lander and Furst, who are both playing up a class, nor does it have Pierce Thomas, who I'm assuming is not playing AAU because it's still track season in Indiana.  He's the #3 seed in the upcoming state meet in the Long Jump with a qualifying jump of  23.07.25.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think more than anything, it emphasizes how strong the 2021 class in Indiana is.  This is a team that does not even have Lander and Furst, who are both playing up a class, nor does it have Pierce Thomas, who I'm assuming is not playing AAU because it's still track season in Indiana.  He's the #3 seed in the upcoming state meet in the Long Jump with a qualifying jump of  23.07.25.  

No doubt they are a very talented group. And I look forward to some of the 2021 group staying home and playing for the Hoosiers. The effort in some of those highlights was pathetic. 

4 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

Appreciate sharing that link. Clearly Indiana Elite is the substantially better team. But how can we glean anything from those highlights? I’ve seen better effort being played at the local YMCA.

I can’t take anything away from that. I’ve seen local HS teams down here that would have whooped that Toronto team...and i live in Kentucky! Saying nothing about my old HS team. The other Indiana 2020 team were winning games by like 75 points...it goes to show all AAU stats aren’t equal...why even travel to that tournament when you could play a pickup game against a local HS team and get better competition. SMH