James Bouknight Commits to UConn

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

... I think Bouknight will be that piece...and then follow him up with the Jalen Blackmon in a couple years...add another good point guard....that is how we need to be lining them up.

Kristian Lander ... PG out of Evansville.  Definitely want to keep an eye on this kid.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

Kristian Lander ... PG out of Evansville.  Definitely want to keep an eye on this kid.

Good call. Don't get to many HS games anymore down here in Kentucky but I heard of this Luke Brown kid and saw some highlights on the internet. Probably would need to grow etc and hard to tell how good he was given the size and competition but is he a possibility in a few years as well? I may have to go look up some more info on him to see how he is progressing. Anybody have opinions on him??

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Good call. Don't get to many HS games anymore down here in Kentucky but I heard of this Luke Brown kid and saw some highlights on the internet. Probably would need to grow etc and hard to tell how good he was given the size and competition but is he a possibility in a few years as well? I may have to go look up some more info on him to see how he is progressing. Anybody have opinions on him??

Coach against him. Very fundamental player, hindered by a knee disease that’s leaving me at the moment...osgood schlatters? Something like that. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I had osgood (whatever the spelling is) -- it is a temporary thing that affects teenagers, it goes away.

So does he show potential to develop into a player we could be interested in physically. Even if he can’t contribute right away he may end up being someone that can help the team.

47 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wonder if we wanted one of him, Franklin and Newman. Now it’s Ramsey or bust. 

Little over 3 weeks ago a group of recruits were told time is quickly approaching if you dont want to be left out act sooner rather than later. If we take 4 a spot would be available for Ramsey or Stewart. 2 are going tO TJB and KB. Which left 1 for Franklin newman Bouknight

Mike, love your stuff as usual.  Do you think the Bouknight ship sailed when AF committed?  Considering where IU is with KBJ and TJD, as well as a few others, I can't help but think that Archie backed away after Armaan signed due to projected available scholarships.  Nice player for sure, but I don't see him as head and shoulders above Franklin where we would hold a spot for him.

33 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Mike, love your stuff as usual.  Do you think the Bouknight ship sailed when AF committed?  Considering where IU is with KBJ and TJD, as well as a few others, I can't help but think that Archie backed away after Armaan signed due to projected available scholarships.  Nice player for sure, but I don't see him as head and shoulders above Franklin where we would hold a spot for him.

AF may have had an impact, but if I am remembering my timing correctly, it seemed that Bouknight had scheduled his official visits a decent while before AF committed.  It seemed weird that IU wasn't getting an early official while many were suggesting it was down to IU and UConn.

Archived